Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Game » consists of 30 releases. Released Nov 11, 2011

The fifth installment in Bethesda's Elder Scrolls franchise is set in the eponymous province of Skyrim, where the ancient threat of dragons, led by the sinister Alduin, is rising again to threaten all mortal races. Only the player, as the prophesied hero the Dovahkiin, can save the world from destruction.

PS4 screen borders, and still no mods?

BojackHorseman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Hey guys. Just started playing Skyrim Special Edition on PS4, and it has left me with two questions:

1. Is there no way to adjust screen borders? Half my UI is located outside the screen at this time. I've tried to find something in the option, but can't seem to find anything. It also doesn't help to adjust the PS4's native screen borders.

2. Noticed that mods are not included in the main menu either. Thought this was supposed to be a launch feature?

L33T_HAXOR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 26

#2  Edited By L33T_HAXOR

@bojackhorseman: I had a similar issue a few years back with the UI being cut off my tv in some games. Turns out there was an setting on my TV called "Overdraw" or something, which I had to turn off. Maybe you have something similar?

Edit: Overscan, that's what it was.

lego_my_eggo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

@bojackhorseman: It says it should be there on launch day which is technically tomorrow, so maybe then it will be added? Or maybe they expected to have it ready for launch but haven't quite got it fixed up since the whole mod fiasco with Sony a month ago.

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

#4  Edited By Justin258

Mods will not be appearing on PS4, just Xbox One. Jim Sterling did a video on it somewhere.

Edit: I double checked this and maybe Sony changed their minds?

Avatar image for jdizzlefoshizzle
    jdizzlefoshizzle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@justin258: Yah I think the compromise was yes for ps4 mods but no mods with any outside assets.

BojackHorseman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Mods will not be appearing on PS4, just Xbox One. Jim Sterling did a video on it somewhere.

Edit: I double checked this and maybe Sony changed their minds?

It's been confirmed at least a month ago that PS4 would be getting mods, but without external assets. And that's fine by me. Most mods use old textures anyway.

BojackHorseman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@l33t_haxor: You... I like you. You really helped me out just now. My overall experience with my TV has increased maybe tenfold after switching off a similar setting. Thanks!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.