Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Game » consists of 30 releases. Released Nov 11, 2011

The fifth installment in Bethesda's Elder Scrolls franchise is set in the eponymous province of Skyrim, where the ancient threat of dragons, led by the sinister Alduin, is rising again to threaten all mortal races. Only the player, as the prophesied hero the Dovahkiin, can save the world from destruction.

New Skyrim DLC - "Hearthfire"

• 71 results
    Avatar image for tim_the_corsair
    tim_the_corsair

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#51  Edited By tim_the_corsair
    @Hizang

Until they give a fuck about us people on PS3 why should I get excited about this, I'm still waiting for Dawngaurd over here. That being said Skyrim never grabbed me the same way Oblivion did, I spent over 400 hours with Oblivion, I've maybe spent about 30 hours with Skyrim.

I had a similar experience with Skyrim (barring the PS3 part)

It never really grabbed me, but I have been thinking about buying it on PC and modding the shit out of it.

I'd kill for this sort of game in a decent fantasy world, though. The generic nature of the Elder Scrolls universe kills it for me a bit.
    ShockD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#52  Edited By ShockD

I'm so looking forward to this.

laserbolts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#53  Edited By laserbolts

Can't wait to get this tomorrow.

Example1013

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54  Edited By Example1013

Most of my problem with player-made mods like stuff for houses and whatnot is that they usually take up extra memory with the scripting or whatever, and all the stuff made by Bethesda doesn't make my computer run at sub-30 FPS (I won't run it without some anti-aliasing, jagged edges are like, my biggest pet peeve in video games). So this is pretty much perfect, although the adoption stuff is kind of...well, strange.

HH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#55  Edited By HH

awesome, this is exactly the direction i was hoping the series would take

Oldirtybearon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#56  Edited By Oldirtybearon

@Tim_the_Corsair said:

@Hizang

Until they give a fuck about us people on PS3 why should I get excited about this, I'm still waiting for Dawngaurd over here. That being said Skyrim never grabbed me the same way Oblivion did, I spent over 400 hours with Oblivion, I've maybe spent about 30 hours with Skyrim.

I had a similar experience with Skyrim (barring the PS3 part) It never really grabbed me, but I have been thinking about buying it on PC and modding the shit out of it. I'd kill for this sort of game in a decent fantasy world, though. The generic nature of the Elder Scrolls universe kills it for me a bit.

Elder Scrolls is really not generic, when you peel away the the surface stuff (medieval setting, elves and humans). The Dwemer for instance are fucking fascinating both as a culture and a society. The nature of the Elder Scrolls themselves are also worth the time it takes to look the information up. The creation myths (every culture in Tamriel has one) in the Elder Scrolls is downright brilliant. Granted not a lot of this stuff is seen in moment to moment gameplay, but if you dig for the lore, the lore will show you the good shit. I mean, hell, the big twist in Oblivion is that Mundus (the name of mortal reality, Nirn is the name of the planet TES games take place on) is really just another plane of Oblivion. Or so Mehrunes Dagon claims, in any event.

Elder Scrolls bears a resemblance to Tolkien fantasy at first glance, but the series took a number of left turns where people would've expected rights.

fetchfox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By fetchfox

@Butler: Theres a perfect mod for you in combination with this DLC; Live Another Life. I used it for my current character, worked brilliantly. Started the game as a shipwrecked, of the coast of Dawnstar. No gear and had to swim out of a sunken ship.

laserbolts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By laserbolts

I searched and couldn't find this for download. On 360 anyone have any luck?

Aishan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By Aishan

@laserbolts said:

I searched and couldn't find this for download. On 360 anyone have any luck?

It's definitely available. I could only find it using the Bing search function though.

It seems.. ok, for what it is. Used an old character to do some testing with it, and built myself a little manor just outside of Solitude. Seems decent enough for $5.

gaminghooligan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#60  Edited By gaminghooligan

@chilibean_3 said:

Seems cheap and neat for people playing on consoles. I've got these PC mods to do that over here though.

I live in a giant fortress that I made in creation kit.... so yeaaaa I'll keep my 5 bucks lol. Still kinda cool for the 360 crowd

Cathryn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 14

#61  Edited By Cathryn

Building and totally customizing my own house is definitely something that'll draw me back in to Skyrim. I will definitely be picking this up some time soon.

Aishan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By Aishan

@Cathryn said:

Building and totally customizing my own house is definitely something that'll draw me back in to Skyrim. I will definitely be picking this up some time soon.

There's not really that much customisation, unfortunately. All the furniture has pre-determined spots, the most you can do is decide not to place certain pieces.

pickassoreborn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 6

#63  Edited By pickassoreborn

I broke it already. One of the workbenches inside my new house is displaying furniture I already crafted. The menu then decides to glitch some more. Why, Bethesday, why?

I love the notion of it, just annoys me there's stuff like display cases you can't actually display stuff in. Also why can't I mount a motherfucking dragon's head on the wall?

Dixego

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By Dixego

I don't even own Skyrim but these DLCs are starting to get weirder and weirder.

INV2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#65  Edited By INV2

@pickassoreborn: this is happening to me as well, and whatever you do, don't build the armory, whenever I try to put anything on display the game crashes completely. This is cool, but clearly this game just breaks the 360, or something. I swear that since I installed the DLC the load times are longer too. I wonder if the PC version does this stuff?

alexl86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 8

#66  Edited By alexl86

*sigh* I just got my Xbox back from repair and have a big stack of games to play, and the first thing I do is put in Skyrim. I guess I'll play through all those Assassin's Creed games, Resident Evil 5, Rayman and about 5 other games later...

2xtreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#67  Edited By 2xtreme
    Divina_Rex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By Divina_Rex

My Skyrim has started to freeze a lot and my Hearthfire doesn't even activate (the courier nevers come to me). I uninstalled every mod and deleted all the files placed in my Skyrim folder by mods to no avail. They need to patch Skyrim so that I can actually play without suffering form random freezes and occasional crashes.

Ronald

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#69  Edited By Ronald

Could they have placed the houses in any worse spots? I come home to the first house I built, the one that sits close to Solitude, and there are always bandits, dragons, wolves, or spiders attacking everyone. Aela just complains about how dangerous it is for the kids when she's not getting kidnapped. The lesson, don't get married and have children.

Avatar image for equitasinvictus
    EquitasInvictus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#70  Edited By EquitasInvictus

@Ronald: Wow that sounds totally ridiculous and now I'm actually sold on this DLC.

Someone probably forgot to delete random spawn areas for enemies at those places or something. Unless it's actually randomized and you just have bad luck?

Avatar image for mariachimacabre
    MariachiMacabre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#71  Edited By MariachiMacabre
    @EquitasInvictus

@Ronald: Wow that sounds totally ridiculous and now I'm actually sold on this DLC.

Someone probably forgot to delete random spawn areas for enemies at those places or something. Unless it's actually randomized and you just have bad luck?

That's actually a normal part of the DLC. Your house gets attacked pretty regularly and yeah it's random.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.