Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Game » consists of 30 releases. Released Nov 11, 2011

The fifth installment in Bethesda's Elder Scrolls franchise is set in the eponymous province of Skyrim, where the ancient threat of dragons, led by the sinister Alduin, is rising again to threaten all mortal races. Only the player, as the prophesied hero the Dovahkiin, can save the world from destruction.

Favorite Race to play as

• 63 results
    Avatar image for deactivated-5945386c8a570
    deactivated-5945386c8a570

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

khajiit assassin/thief.

gogosox82

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#52  Edited By gogosox82

Dunmer is always first. Nightblade FTW!! Then I went breton and created a witchhunter ( bow and arrow and conjuration mostly), I have a nord warrior( shield and sword) that's pretty cool but I'm thinking that i should've went with the orc b/c their racial ability is so damn good.

Mike76x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53  Edited By Mike76x

I've played exclusively as a Nord warrior, since Morrowind.

Never realized how silly it was to be a Nord Nerevarine until Skyrim.

I try to make a character that looks like me, and I've found the Nord frost resistance to be more helpful than the other "white people" traits.

fox01313

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 19

#54  Edited By fox01313

In Elder Scroll games tend to just stick with Nord, Khajit & Dark Elf depending on what overall class range I'm trying for as I tend to just make separate classes focusing mostly on being sneaky, ultimate mage or fighter.

D_train_lives

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By D_train_lives

Warrior -Nord Mage- Breton Rogue-Dark Elf FTW

500xp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By 500xp

I tend to roll with altmer, dunmer, orcs, or redguards. In both skyrim and oblivion my first couple of characters were from this pool. However, there is something to be said for playing as a khajit assassin. Their unarmed really does pack a punch.

Terramagi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By Terramagi

GLORIOUS ARGONIAN MASTER RACE

Oldirtybearon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#58  Edited By Oldirtybearon

First 200h character was a Bosmer in Oblivion. Stealth/Archer Bosmers rock so much ass. Like, all of the ass.

Did the same thing for my first 200h character in Skyrim, too. He and I had such fun together, slitting throats and pick-pocketing hearts.

Second 200h character was a Khajiit Sneak-Thief named Pretty Kitty. And that's the extent of my Elder Scrolls experience.

gaminghooligan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 1

#59  Edited By gaminghooligan

bosmer archer yo

jillsandwich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#60  Edited By jillsandwich

lizard man.

Capum15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By Capum15

Three way tie for me between Breton (zapping things), Redguard (hitting things) and Bosmer (shooting things), though since there's no "multiple" option, probably Breton because magic.

Current character is a lady Redguard, but I've been using all the weapons and all the magics because why not.

dfsvegas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#62  Edited By dfsvegas

Been playing as Redguard. Seems to have a decent balance of everything, with room to sprinkle in a little bit of magic. I was thiiiiiiiiiiis close to going Wood Elf on this last playthrough, but I might on my next one. Archery is quite beastly in this game.

But, if all else fails, can't go wrong with a Nord.

alexl86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 8

#63  Edited By alexl86

If I were to view this completely objectively, I'd say Bretons are the best race. The fact that you can get 80% magic resist without resist magic equipment (perks and standing stone). The Orcs Berserker Rage is really good too and High Elves run faster because they're taller than everyone.

Khajiit, Imperials and Wood Elves don't fare as well, since their abilities aren't particularly powerful(or just very situational).

Overall, what race you play doesn't really matter. The damage output is pretty much the same across the board. The race I played the most in Morrowind was High Elf, because they got a ridiculous amount of magicka. In Oblivion I played Breton because of easy magic immunity(Bretons could actually become completely immune to magic and melee attacks). In Skyrim, I've actually leaned more towards Khajiit. I just find the nigh-eye power really handy. Sadly, vampires get it for free and vampires are generally overpowered.

Shaydesun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By Shaydesun

Wood elf for life motha fucka. Oh a shit ton of spiders are fighting me early game, boom now their fighting the fucking enemy. No one can touch wood elves, they're the baddest motherfuckers in all of tamriel. Wood elves just need to fuck over the High Elves and take this fucking world for themselves. Other than that it's definitely a Khajitt, with no weapons because weapons are for pussies. Unless it's a wood elf if it uses a weapon it's a pussy. Khajit's and wood elves if united could fucking rock everyone's world. They'd beat the shit out of a skeever, or a bandit, or a gaurd, or a fucking dragon, or a Daedric Prince, or hell even the Eight themselves.

Fuck imperials, Fuck Nords, Fuck Bretons, Fuck High Elves, Fuck argonians, fuck orcs, and those black dudes too.

Dark elves are chill, but we'd fuck them up if we had too.

Fuck Talos, Fuck Ulfric, Fuck the Emporer.

Wood elves and Khajit's fo lyfe nigga

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.