Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

The Castle Doctrine

Game » consists of 1 releases. Released Jan 29, 2014

An indie MMO game developed by Jason Rohrer.

Let's return to The Castle Doctrine (and give away copies!)

thisisalan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

I really enjoyed The Castle Doctrine. In fact, I think it's one of the best — and most overlooked — games this year.

I just put my thoughts on it in a review here if you're interested. I also found @pyrodactyl's experience with the Vinn Co. murder house to be pretty spot-on as far as explaining why this game is compelling.

At this point, I'm (a) convinced this was one of the most interesting games to come out this year and (b) sad that there aren't more people still playing it. I think a lot of people here might really like it if they tried it, but the developer has pretty much guaranteed he will never put it on sale.

So here's how I intend to solve the player population problem: I bought a bunch of copies in bulk and I'm giving them away in a few places. I have as many as ten Steam keys for The Castle Doctrine available for GB folks.

To get a copy, you need to be an active GB forum member and:

1. Send me a GB message declaring that you want a copy.
    2. Actually install and play the game in earnest. If you can't get to at least $10k net worth, you haven't really played The Castle Doctrine. Keep going until you get there.
    3. Post your thoughts/tips/stories in this thread.
    4. If you end up enjoying the game and think it is worth $16, buy a copy on Steam for someone else and pass it along.

Please actually be prepared to do 2 and 3 above. Don't just grab for a free Steam key. See you in The Castle Doctrine!

Avatar image for viciousbearmauling
    ViciousBearMauling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

I'd probably be a way bigger fan of this game if you could copy your beginning house layout and just use that every time you have to restart.

ripelivejam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Oh god i remember reading through the steam forums for this and seeing just how angry the internet can get. I do agree he was being a bit stubborn about promotion and support for the game, but he also came off as more of a conceptual artist than a programmer from what i read about him. I do think it's a great starting concept that maybe someone else can run with.

Also from what i read the game seems impenetrable now without a good trickle of fresh blood.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.