Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Terminator Salvation

Game » consists of 8 releases. Released May 19, 2009

Terminator Salvation is a cover-based third-person shooter that focuses on events leading up to the film by the same name.

YIKES!!! EARLY REVIEWS ARE REAMING THE MOVIE!!!

• 87 results
    jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#51  Edited By jakob187
    Gizmo said:
    jakob187 said: PercyChuggs said: It's directed by McG, you were expecting something the critics would like? So many people have ... [more]
    So just because he made the Charlie's Angels movies, that means he should be completely discounted?  Seriously...we're not talking about Uwe Boll here.
    TwoOneFive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#52  Edited By TwoOneFive
    CL60 said:
    1,824 reviews on imdb give it 8.7/10
    reviews? uh no, thats ratings from the site users, and they're absolutely meaningless because none of them have seen it yet. 

I expected this. Last week or so they released a 4 minute trailer, and then they released 8 different clips, equalling to about 12 minutes of the film.  That is usually a desperate move. And from what I have seen, the story is hokey, tries to introduce a new interesting character with a twist and lets it carry the entire movie. 
    Its no wonder Bale flipped out on set, and only took on the role after they agreed to let him re-write portions of the script. Also, the chics look all hot with good hairdos, thats just stupid looking. 

And for those underestimating early reviews : 
    like,
    jakob187 said:
    Stephen_Von_Cloud said: Personally could give a crap about reviews.  Looking forward to seeing it for myself and then I'll judge. ... [more]
    Lets go and look back at Star Trek, which had early reviews, and also early premiers to public audiences, most of which were hardcore fans of the series, so people were dismissing the early buzz. Well go on rotten tomatoes right now, Star Trek has like 250 reviews and has a 95% rating. I'd say this was a good indication of what the final rating will be on rotten tomatoes. I'd say you guys should actually read their reviews, I'm sure they make good arguments. 
    PercyChuggs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#53  Edited By PercyChuggs
    jakob187 said:
    PercyChuggs said: It's directed by McG, you were expecting something the critics would like? So many people have said that, ... [more]
    Gone Baby Gone was Affleck's first movie as a director, and in almost all of the reviews, the writer says something to the affect of "I wasn't expecting this from Ben Affleck". That's completely different since it's a first attempt. Like you said, McG has directed music videos. And that's what he is. A music video director. How he convinces studios and producers to give him money to direct full length feature films is beyond me. He's had a track record of making garbage, stuff that was hated by critics. That was my point. I thought it was pretty damn clear the first time, hopefully this explanation clears things up for you.
    Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

#54  Edited By Hailinel
    jakob187 said:
    PercyChuggs said: It's directed by McG, you were expecting something the critics would like? So many people have said that, ... [more]
    You do realize that being a good music video director and being a good theatrical film director are two different beasts, right?  Some directors are able to make the leap while others aren't.  Any talents that McG demonstrated in music video direction are not evident in his theatrical films.

That being said, I'm of the mind that they should have stopped making Terminator films after the second one.
    TwoOneFive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By TwoOneFive

i'm starting to believe the critics who were saying we'll be remembering Star Trek over anything else that gets released this summer. A&D was mediocre, this is mediocre, and we all know that despite the fact that you can't not enjoy big talking transforming robots beating eachother up, Transformers 2 is still going to be a mediocre film too, just like the first one. 

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By jakob187
    Hailinel said:
    jakob187 said: PercyChuggs said: It's directed by McG, you were expecting something the critics would like? So many people have ... [more]

PercyChuggs said:
    Well damn.  Someone might wanna tell that to David Fincher.  -_-

Or Hell, for that matter...someone tell Mark Romanek...

...or maybe even Spike Jonze...

...or Michel Gondry...

...or Jonathan Dayton and Valerie Faris...

I'm giving the movie a chance, regardless, because it's the one movie I've been looking forward to all year long.  I've been waiting at least 15 years to see the Skynet Wars.  I'm just kind of shocked by how the early screenings that they were doing and the test audience reactions and everything were coming back as so positive, and all the early press showings were coming back saying "dood, it's fucking AWESOME"...and then this.  I know that the initial Star Trek reaction was very much the same way, with people coming out of it saying "it was fucking AWESOME" (probably the most vocal about it being Kevin Smith).
    XanderCrews

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#57  Edited By XanderCrews
    Stephen_Von_Cloud said:
    Personally could give a crap about reviews.  Looking forward to seeing it for myself and then I'll judge.
    Same here. Screw the critics. I've watched plenty of movies that critics have bashed and still enjoyed them.
    ArbitraryWater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 66

#58  Edited By ArbitraryWater

Don't give up hope. The only real opinion that matters is yours, and just because some asshole who thinks that Slumdog Millionaire is worthy of all these "prestigious" awards doesn't like TS doesn't mean that you will think the same. Of course the movie could also just be a piece of generic summer action crap(TM), so who knows until Friday?

(By the way, I think that Slumdog is actually a pretty good movie, but is it overrated? Yes.)

Gizmo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#59  Edited By Gizmo
    ArbitraryWater said:
    Don't give up hope. The only real opinion that matters is yours, and just because some asshole who thinks that ... [more]
    May I add, the only over-rated Danny Boyle movie as of yet, everything that man directs is pure gold.

The Beach for example, bad reviews and is slowly becoming a cult classic.
    Maru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By Maru

It has to be better then Terminator 3, the comedy movie.

Let's hope it is at least decent.

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

#61  Edited By Hailinel
    jakob187 said:
    Hailinel said: jakob187 said: PercyChuggs said: It's directed by McG, you were expecting something the critics would like? So many ... [more]
    I didn't say "all music video directors."
    fr0br0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#62  Edited By fr0br0

Whoa, whoa, whoa... It's rated PG-13? My interest in this film has dropped greatly. But I'm still going to see it.

Black_Raven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By Black_Raven

People expected it to be good? I'm not at all surprised by the bad reviews...

TwoOneFive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By TwoOneFive
    jakob187 said:
    Hailinel said: jakob187 said: PercyChuggs said: It's directed by McG, you were expecting something the critics would like? So many ... [more]
    really? i didn't know that about terminator, i had no idea test screening came back that positive. star trek reaction did turn out to be very true man, thats insanely positive for a summer blockbuster, so smart of paramount to delay it from 08 christmas to 09 summer
    SenatorSpacer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#65  Edited By SenatorSpacer

I'm still interested in the movie, I don't trust movie critics at all. Some of the movies they hated I liked.

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By jakob187
    Fr0Br0 said:
    Whoa, whoa, whoa... It's rated PG-13? My interest in this film has dropped greatly. But I'm still going to see ... [more]
    *ugh*

Some people would probably be amazed what you can get away with in a PG-13 movie.  Moreover, they are using laser guns in the future for the most part if they are sticking with canon at all, so no real need for massive blood and gore or anything like that.  Cussing isn't necessary for the movie.  There are tons of robots.  Also, from what I'm to understand, the reveal scene of Sam Worthington being a Terminator robot is pretty graphic on its own.  Therefore...what's the big deal with it being PG-13?

fr0br0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#67  Edited By fr0br0
    jakob187 said:
    Fr0Br0 said: Whoa, whoa, whoa... It's rated PG-13? My interest in this film has dropped greatly. But I'm still going ... [more]
    No naked Arnie, no deal breaker...

But really, I'm still interested. It's not as bad when I threw a fit when I saw the new Die Hard was PG-13 and that turned out to be pretty good.
    Mootalstrike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#68  Edited By Mootalstrike

I thought that the trailer's special effects looked amazing and on par with Star Trek. It will be interesting to see how it turns out.

mordukai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By mordukai

Maybe they should have put the Christian Bale tirade in it!

mordukai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By mordukai

Maybe they should have put the Christian Bale tirade in it!

No Caption Provided

Jolly_Lolly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By Jolly_Lolly

I'm really not interested in Terminator.

I'd rather see Star Trek...but I'm not interested in that either.

I think there's something wrong with me >.>

Alex_Murphy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By Alex_Murphy
    It's a Terminator movie that's RATED PG-13 !!!!
    What did you expect?

Cerza
    said:
    It's a Terminator movie without Arnold and starring Christian Bale... how can that NOT suck???
    Yea, that too.
    meptron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

#73  Edited By meptron

As much as I want it to be good, deep down inside I feel I have already realised and accepted the inevitable. 

maxszy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By maxszy

Christian Bale can act. So my guess is that if they are all slamming his performance, its to get back at him for his blow up. While his blow up may have not been the greatest thing, separate that from the film. Not fair to lump them together if one is honestly reviewing a flick. Plus, move on from the whole Bale fiasco. Its over and done with, just forget about it and move on.

That being said, no Arnold is risky no matter what. It'll probably turn out to be a decent, entertaining movie.

pause422

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By pause422
    Maxszy said:
    Christian Bale can act. So my guess is that if they are all slamming his performance, its to get back ... [more]
    Besides riding him for the sole reason that The Dark Knight was a good movie, I honestly don't know anyone who finds him that great of an actor at all. I'm not going to act surprised though that a new Terminator movie isn't blowing people away, they should of just stopped making any movie terminator related a while ago.
    HydraHam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#76  Edited By HydraHam

Who cares? reviews mean nothing to 99% of movie goers including me.

People who base viewings on reviews are sad sheep that can't make up their own mind.

Avatar image for deactivated-61665c8292280
    deactivated-61665c8292280

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

pause422 said:
    Maxszy said: Christian Bale can act. So my guess is that if they are all slamming his performance, its to ... [more]
    You've got to be kidding me.

Bale throws himself into every role. Not just The Dark Knight; American Psycho, The Machinist, Swing Kids--the list goes on and on. The guy is driven and talented.
    pause422

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78  Edited By pause422

I've seen 3 of the 4 movies you named and he really didn't seem that special in any of them, but if you say so.

HandsomeDead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79  Edited By HandsomeDead
    ArbitraryWater said:
    Don't give up hope. The only real opinion that matters is yours, and just because some asshole who thinks that ... [more]
    Critics != The Academy
    HydraHam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80  Edited By HydraHam
    pause422 said:
    I've seen 3 of the 4 movies you named and he really didn't seem that special in any of them, ... [more]
    You don't see what is so special? try watching them again.
    Colonel_Fury

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81  Edited By Colonel_Fury

Honestly there hasn't been a good terminator movie since Judgement Day.  I usually decide for myself if a movie sucks or not.

BoG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#82  Edited By BoG

I honestly hate it when people whine about ratings. Who cares what it is rated? Your bloodlust won't be satisfied unless its rated R? Grow up.

Alexander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#83  Edited By Alexander
    BoG said:
    I honestly hate it when people whine about ratings. Who cares what it is rated? Your bloodlust won't be satisfied ... [more]
    You think Joe Pesci would have been as damn frightening as he was in Goodfellas if it was PG-13? No.

Would the T-1000 have seemed so dangerous if you hadn't seen what it could do? No.

Would Liam Neeson have seemed like such a badass if Taken wasn't R? No.

There are certain films that benefit from being able to go into adult territory and the Terminator franchise is certainly one of them.
    maxszy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84  Edited By maxszy
    pause422 said:
    Maxszy said: Christian Bale can act. So my guess is that if they are all slamming his performance, its to ... [more]
    3:10 to Yuma, The Prestige, and so on. Public Enemies is looking good. There's more than just The Dark Knight that he has done well.
    Pie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#85  Edited By Pie
    @TooWalrus: He soots a car at a helicopter. DUDE!!!!
    Moridin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86  Edited By Moridin

I never listen to movie reviews. I love a lot of movies that got absolutely destroyed by critics. Some of them are so bad, they're good.

That said, however, nothing can top T2.

oraknabo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87  Edited By oraknabo

One word: McG

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.