Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Television

Object » linked to 508 games

A television set is a device used to view moving images usually accompanied by sound. They often appear in video games and scenery but sometimes have more practical applications.

Greatest TV drama of the past 25 years*

• 165 results
    Avatar image for whyareyoucrouchingspock
    whyareyoucrouchingspock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

Sherlocks better than doctor who imo.

It's a great tv show, even though it's only real gimmick is being in a modern period.

ez123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 12

#152  Edited By ez123

@whyareyoucrouchingspock said:

@ez123 said:

Breaking Bad is the most overrated show ever. There is no reason to like that show from season 3 onward.

Why? If you're going to make a statement like that, explain yourself.

Well,

at some point in S2 which I thought took the tension out of the show. Also, the big event they were hinting at for that whole season was a shitty coincidence. So I was getting sour on the show before S3 even started but that season was still entertaining. Then season 3 started with the

, that stuff was equally absurb and boring. The main plot of S3 & 4 with Gus I don't care for. I don't think any of the new people they introduced were worth a damn. I don't know exactly what direction I really wanted the show to go but the way it has gone, it's incredibly uninteresting.

hoossy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#153  Edited By hoossy

The Wire was and is flawless. Even Breaking Bad and Mad Men, which I love, have their off moments.

whyareyoucrouchingspock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think you're kind of missing the point of the show. The cancer gave him reason to try make money for his family. But it also served as a way for him to loose his inhibitions and live on the edge of a blade.

By season 4 you are seeing the repercussions of it. With the very final scene you are shown a deviant self serving character drunk on his own ego. Any good intentions from season 1 meaning shit.

The creators discribed it as"Mr. Chips turns into Scarface". Thats exactly what happens.

Avatar image for randominternetuser
    RandomInternetUser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Breaking Bad, but I think I might think it is The Wire if I had seen all of it. I've only seen the first season, and I really liked it but not quite as much as Breaking Bad.

ez123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#156  Edited By ez123

@whyareyoucrouchingspock: No I got that, it sucks is what I'm saying. There being a meaning behind something doesn't make it interesting or fun to watch.

whyareyoucrouchingspock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ez123 said:

@whyareyoucrouchingspock: No I got that, it sucks is what I'm saying. There being a meaning behind something doesn't make it interesting or fun to watch.

Well thats your personal preference, can't argue with that.

Most people who watch it would disagree. Critics are well, season 4 received the most critical acclaim.

ez123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#158  Edited By ez123

@whyareyoucrouchingspock: Well of course, that's why it's the most overrated show ever. If it wasn't well recieved, it couldn't be overrated.

whyareyoucrouchingspock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ez123 said:

@whyareyoucrouchingspock: Well of course, that's why it's the most overrated show ever. If it wasn't well recieved, it couldn't be overrated.

I respect your opiinion but you are fucking wrong.

Avatar image for deactivated-65f0b21bb6a1a
    deactivated-65f0b21bb6a1a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I haven't watched any of these. I feel like i'm missing out :|

stryker1121

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#161  Edited By stryker1121

It's BB for me (I've never seen Mad Men). Superlative performance by Cranston and 4 good to great seasons with no clunkers (Wire Season 2 was so-so, while Sops Season 4 and parts of Season 6 were mediocre) puts it at the top for my fave shows of all time, any genre. The show is f'n genius, cannot wait for S5.

stryker1121

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#162  Edited By stryker1121

@plop1920: Wire is sunshine and smiles compared to BB, although BB does have some great dark humor. Wire has some genuinely funny moments, excellent writing and great characters. I hate police procedurals myself but wire is far more than that.

kraznor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#163  Edited By kraznor

I voted Mad Men, but I find it odd that and Breaking Bad are even on here as they haven't wrapped yet. They could still screw those up royally. It isn't especially likely (though I did have significant issues with BB season 4) but I still find it strange. As for the HBO shows, saw a few episodes of The Sopranos and just wasn't getting into it and have yet to give The Wire any kind of appraisal.

Potter9156

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#164  Edited By Potter9156

Haven't watched the Sopranos or the Wire yet, because HBO. So Mad Men against Breaking Bad. Breaking Bad is easily the best of the two. Season 3 of MM was bad. Draper's stupid fucking wife/family made the show near unbearable at times. Season 4 fixed that. BB was outstanding from episode 1 to the season 4 final.

octaslash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#165  Edited By octaslash

I would have include Buffy on the final list. As a whole, I don't think it's quite as good as the listed shows. However, its best dramatic moments can quite easily qualify as the best on television. Anyway, I voted for The Wire. I think it is the most realistic and smartly written show ever created. It's weird comparing it to stylistic shows like Breaking Bad, Mad Men, and The Sopranos.

Edited: because I didn't actually read the whole OP or Vulture article before posting.

Scrawnto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#166  Edited By Scrawnto

@whyareyoucrouchingspock said:

@Soapy86 said:

I would put Battlestar Galactica above all of those except Breaking Bad.

But anyway, yes Breaking Bad, easily. Mad Men is great, but not on the same level. The Wire is okay. And I never really cared for The Sopranos.

I'd deffo put it at the top alongside "the wire" and "breaking bad".

Deep Space 9 was also a great show (from the makers of BSG).

Huh, is that why Gaius Baltar looks, sounds, and occasionally acts like Doctor Bashir?

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.