Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Tekken

Franchise »

Tekken is a long-running 3D fighting franchise that got its start in arcades but was also an early hit on the PlayStation.

I just don't understand how you do it tekken!

papercut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 9

#1  Edited By papercut

On the Bombcast they were talking about how Tekken 4 was a let down and Tekken 5 was a step in the right direction. I agree with it I guess. I can also see how people say the Tekken series lost its appeal after Tekken Tag. BUT I don't understand why. All the Tekken games are the same game basically. Sure they'll have new characters and stages and what not. They'll have updated graphics and they'll push the story, but the mechanics of the game remain the same.

If you asked me which game was better, Tekken 4 or 5, I'd say 5. If you asked me why I would just give you a blank stare. When they were talking about it, they didn't really have an answer for it either. Can anyone put their finger on what the Tekken games change with each iteration or more to the point, the difference between 4 and 5?

Vinchenzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 30

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By Vinchenzo

All Tekkens are a let-down.

papercut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By papercut

again, I can see how you may think that, but i don't understand how some of them seem better then others

Vinchenzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 30

#4  Edited By Vinchenzo

Because some have additions or changes that are worse? I'm pretty sure it's a personal opinion. I think you are looking too deep into such a simple statement said on the Bombcast.

Kou_Leifoh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By Kou_Leifoh
    papercut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By papercut
    ParanoidFreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#7  Edited By ParanoidFreak

I've never been a fan of Tekken (Virtua Fighter and Street Fighter do it better), but Tekken 5 actually looks promising.

bulletclip6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By bulletclip6

hmmmm. I wonder why tekken is the only fighting game i have ever enjoyed? But 5 was more like 3 and 4 was more like crap. if that helps you.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.