Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Tekken 6

Game » consists of 4 releases. Released Nov 26, 2007

The sixth main installment of the Tekken series brings improved graphics and animation, new characters, and new gameplay mechanics (including destructible stages).

Impressions?

DeeJay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By DeeJay

Obviously this board isn't particularly active right now but I figured I'd try to spark some Tekken discussion at least.

So for those of you who have played the game at an arcade, what are your impressions?

Personally I really like the game. Its definitely more juggle focused, maybe even un-even but definitely not as bad as Tekken 5. Whether its as good as Tekken 5 or not will really depend on how easy it is to do massive rage combos but that remains to be seen. I'm really impressed with the customisation in the game as well, much better then Tekken 5 and Tekken DR. Graphics are crazy of coarse, and is it just me or are sound effects much louder now? Either way presentation is good.

But yeah overall I definitely like the game. Anyway yeah, figured I'd try and get some tekken discussion crackin, so what are all of your impressions?

Colino

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Colino

I was actually heavily bummed out by the customisation.. It's crap!

You need infinite loads of money even to buy the smallest thing and every character only has a handful of stuff you can buy...

Other than that, I was really happy and enjoyed it alot.

DeeJay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By DeeJay

I know what you mean but I kinda like the fact that they're expensive...it means that you wont see many people with the same customisations as you (or at least the chances are much smaller).

jaybee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By jaybee

Is it out in American arcades/?

DarkLegend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By DarkLegend
    jaybee said:
    "Is it out in American arcades/?
    "
    That's what I want to know. I think there a downloadable demo. 
    Nettacki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Nettacki
    jaybee said:
    "
    Well in some arcades, yes. But there is no official American arcade release of this game made by Namco, since the arcade scene to them is mostly dead, and thus "unprofitable" for them. The arcades that do have them have imported them from overseas (I think from SE Asia).

And no, there's no downloadable demo either, at least not now.

DeeJay said:
    "

I know what you mean but I kinda like the fact that they're expensive...it means that you wont see many people with the same customisations as you (or at least the chances are much smaller).

"
    To add to this, it's actually EASIER to get money than before, thanks to the new Roulette system that can potentially multiply your earnings by the thousands. Don't believe me? Check TekkenZaibatsu.com for proof.

DeeJay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By DeeJay
    Nettacki said:
    "jaybee said:
    "
    Well in some arcades, yes. But there is no official American arcade release of this game made by Namco, since the arcade scene to them is mostly dead, and thus "unprofitable" for them. The arcades that do have them have imported them from overseas (I think from SE Asia).

And no, there's no downloadable demo either, at least not now.

DeeJay said:
    "

"
    To add to this, it's actually EASIER to get money than before, thanks to the new Roulette system that can potentially multiply your earnings by the thousands. Don't believe me? Check TekkenZaibatsu.com for proof.

"

yep, for those too lazy to check, basically every roulette you can get up to 100k gold plus then it gives you a chance to get another roulette (and so on).
    Jordan23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#8  Edited By Jordan23

From what I've seen on YouTube, Tekken 6 looks damn nice and quite smooth too. Hopefully, online play will be included in the console version.

DeeJay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By DeeJay

Jordan online play has been confirmed for the console version. Lucky you your hopes have been answered.

Hopefully it won't be as laggy as DR online but.

randiolo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#10  Edited By randiolo

played it in an AUS arcade and it played awsome.. really slick visuals too.

Kokoro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#11  Edited By Kokoro

Wow, I really can't wait to actually play this game, but it'll be a while since I'll have to wait for the PS3 release.

Kaycon11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#12  Edited By Kaycon11
    Jordan23 said:
    "From what I've seen on YouTube, Tekken 6 looks damn nice and quite smooth too. Hopefully, online play will be included in the console version.
    "
    Yes, I agree 100%, and I'm pretty sure online will definitely be in the console version, you can't release a fighting game anymore without an online mode, it will take way too much heat now, look at Tekken 5, that is the only thing it was missing, but now since VF5, Tekken DR, and now soul calibur 4 have had pretty successful online modes so the excuse of it is not possible is no longer a valid response.
    DeeJay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By DeeJay

If DR had online why would T6 not? Stop this unneccessary speculating!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.