Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Mutants in Manhattan

Game » consists of 5 releases. Released May 24, 2016

A Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles game from PlatinumGames and Activision, based on IDW's comic book version of the mutants.

So did anyone else actually realise that this is out today!?

Darth-Malum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I feel like it's been pretty forgotten about in the overwatch buzz!

Anyone actually play it?

Atwa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 10

Completely forgot that it was coming out.

Basically looks like Transformers Devastation with coop, and I thought that game was rad.

The_Nubster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 1

Is this the same game which had some leaked footage earlier this year? I had kind of forgotten it existed.

LeStephan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By LeStephan

Didnt forget about it, getting it friday when it releases in europe

But I guess I didnt realize its already out in some places, got me there :)

sammo21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 45

I didn't forget about it but with Uncharted 4, Overwatch, Doom, and Dark Souls 3 I chose not to worry too much about it. I'll get it when its on sale in a few months.

Blannir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#6  Edited By Blannir

Nope, had it pre-ordered on Amazon and it should be at my house when I get off work. Bummed there's no local co-op but I look forward to seeing Platinum's take on TMNT.

clagnaught

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 19

wait wut?

This is literally the first time I have heard about this.

cornbredx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

Ya, I'm kind of surprised no ones really talking about this. I thought people liked Platinum games.

I'm interested to know if it's any good, but no one has even reviewed this game yet, and Platinum games are hit or miss for me (often miss).

ArtisanBreads

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

#9  Edited By ArtisanBreads

I have held off because early talk is that it is a pretty bad game. It sounds like it was maybe made by the Korra team.

Zirilius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Bummed to find out that there is no local co-op as I was really wanting to play this with someone in my household but we'll figured it out. Didn't get a shipping notice until yesterday from Best Buy but looks to be arriving today.

Avatar image for deactivated-63b0572095437
    deactivated-63b0572095437

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I hear it's extremely short. I should have it in from Gamefly today.

Ford_Dent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Are there any reviews up? I haven't seen any footage or anything and I kind of want to before I break down and buy it because I bought Out of the Shadows dammit so I'm owed a good Turtles game.

glots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I would've made a thread similiar to this earlier, but I really don't have any special love for TMNT and I couldn't spot any reviews either. But I do hope, that the possible QL is at least this good.

Loading Video...

ArbitraryWater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 66

If it's anything like Transformers Devastation, I'll buy it for half-off somewhere down the road. If it's anything like Legend of Korra, I'll probably stay far away.

Cheetoman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

It looks like it could be good. I'll wait for a sale.

DrDarkStryfe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

There is a reason that a game releases out of nowhere without any marketing hype behind it.

eddiephlash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'd love to hear how this is, hopefully a GBeast quick look. I'm not sure if any of the duders are Turtles fans.

glots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Also have a launch trailer.

Loading Video...

OMGFather

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

DigitalFoundry says it's their worst game.

Loading Video...

Apparently also 30fps locked on PC.

CoffinVarnishh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Heard/read that it was about 3 hours long. That is absolutely atrocious for a $50 game.

CreepingDeath0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ya, I'm kind of surprised no ones really talking about this. I thought people liked Platinum games.

I'm interested to know if it's any good, but no one has even reviewed this game yet, and Platinum games are hit or miss for me (often miss).

I think a lot of people are getting tired of Platinum pumping out these short licensed games.

LeStephan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@omgfather: ouch, might skip afterall haha way too much games atm :P

Any duders here play it already?

matatat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I knew it was coming out as they mentioned it on GameSpot this week. But I don't know anything about it.

Zirilius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@coffinvarnishh: It's only $40 usd unless you are talking Canadian. Just arrived today but haven't played it yet.

zombievac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I was excited when I heard it was out, but initial reaction is TERRIBLE, which is too bad.

ArbitraryWater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 66

@omgfather: "Worse than Korra" is about as damning a statement that one can make about a Platinum game.

BoOzak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

@omgfather: "Worse than Korra" is about as damning a statement that one can make about a Platinum game.

Yet it's still probably going to sell better than Bayonetta 2. (arguably their best game)

CrocBox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Didn't realize it was out already until the launch trailer said "available now". Didn't realize it was supposed to come out soon till I saw it on the front page. Will probably pick it up on sale, unless it turns out to be amazing somehow.

JesusHammer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@coffinvarnishh: It's 40 and every Platinum game has been very short with emphasis on replayability. Their next two games seem like the only two that you can't beat in under 4 hours.

leburn98

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's on it's way from Best Buy, should get it tomorrow. As a turtle fan, all I ask is for a solid beat'em up. I'm not too fussed about the game length. Transformers Devastation was short but a solid nostalgic romp and had plenty of replayability. If this game is even close to that I will be happy. Given that this also has co-op, a 3-4 hour campaign may be perfect length to play with friends. Much like Devastation, this will likely be loved by the fans, but non-fans may not give it a chance due to length. I'm expecting a 7/10 avg on Metacritic.

Tom_omb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

I'm a big TMNT fan, not necessarily a fan of the types of games Platinum makes. Then I heard it was open world, I like the sound of a meaty game where I can explore NYC, but now I'm hearing it's super short. I haven't been following it closely, really just waiting for the quick look, so I'm pretty confused about what this game is at the moment.

Blannir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

I've been having a blast with it so far, played through 3 solo missions and 1 online. Just a heads up the term open world is a bit misleading, it's broken up into levels with each level being a hub of sorts where you need to complete tasks like defeating enemies, disarming bombs, gathering intel etc. once you complete enough of these the path to the boss opens up and that ends the level.

There's 9 missions total and each one has taken me 20-30mins, so keep that in mind if length is important to you. Seems like there's a fair bit of replay with different difficulty levels, collectibles, upgradeable moves and charms which are basically gear you can equip your characters with that increase your stats or give you special abilities like freezing enemies randomly. $40-$50 is maybe a bit much but I don't regret buying it as a TMNT and brawler fan I've gotten out of it what I expected.

If any duders want to team up for some missions online feel free to add me, PSN: Blannir

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 6

I was interested in this until I found out it was locked to 30 FPS on PC. I don't know what they were thinking.

crithon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

there has to be an actual problem with Activision and their third party contracting games going on.

newmoneytrash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By newmoneytrash
    Colony024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Aw man this is disappointing. I replayed Revengeance just last week, and it got me kind of excited for a new Platinum game, but that Digital Foundry video makes me want to stay well clear of this one.

newmoneytrash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

after playing an hour or so of this it makes a lot more sense. it's just a brawler, but it has a decent amount of upgrades and unlocks and it encourages replaying levels. after finishing the first level you can choose from any one of the next five to go to next.

each level is like a small open sandbox where you have to complete a certain amount of random (mostly) combat objectives before that level's boss opens up. there's a lot of vertical movement where you can basically just jump up walls on to rooftops at will, as well as grinding on rails and power lines.

the combat doesn't seem that deep. it's more a 3D final fight/streets of rage than bayonetta, though the combat might get deeper than it initially presents.

all four turtles are always there and you can swap on the fly by holding left trigger and a direction on the d-pad. each turtle has four different special moves that you execute by holding the left trigger and pressing a face button. there can be fully customised for each turtle with a pretty long list of moves to unlock, with each move being upgradable. there are individual cooldowns for each move, but if you spend them all on one turtle you can just switch to a turtle that still has special moves (which is shown in the HUD) and just use them, though the AI uses special moves pretty liberally.

also the 30 fps lock isn't that big of a deal. like it would be better if it wasn't locked, but a solid 30 is by no means a bad thing. it still feels very smooth to play, and looks pretty nice.

damonkey64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

As much as I loved the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle cartoon growing up, I feel like it is just hard to capture what made that so great. Maybe they should try an Overwatch looking FPS/free-runner akin to Mirrors Edge, where you're Raphael and he went off on his own, but the turtles get captured, and he is sneaking around the shadows trying to gain Intel on his brothers whereabouts. If I have to see one more mediocre 4 player TMNT brawler, I swear to God.

monetarydread

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By monetarydread

I was excited to pick this up; I didn't even care if it was a good game, I just wanted to play a short beat-em-up on a couch with my old friends from high-school.Then I boot up the Steam version and notice that the game doesn't offer local co-op. Well off to test out Steams refund option.... fuck, how could a company be so daft as to not include local co-op in a Ninja Turtles game?

mackgyver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

They should just go all out and create a new cartoon based on this art style.

elko84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

They should just go all out and create a new cartoon based on this art style.

Would be nice, but the art style and characters are coming from IDW's comic series. Nickelodeon currently has a CGI cartoon running (which isn't too bad) that is pretty popular.

eddiephlash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah, the art is great. The current IDW comics are phenomenal, it incorporates bits and pieces of all the different interpretations of the turtles' history. Right now, they are doing a miniseries titled: "Bebop and Rocksteady Destroy Everything", which looks to be a super fun romp.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.