Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Tales of the Abyss

Game » consists of 7 releases. Released Dec 15, 2005

Tales of the Abyss is the eighth main game in the Tales of franchise, telling the story of Luke fon Fabre and his quest to save the world from the sinister Oracle Knights.

Tales of Abyss 3DS - New Details

Contro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Contro
    No Caption Provided

The latest issue of Nintendo Power details some new information on the 3DS version of Tales of the Abyss. The 2005 PS2 RPG is heading to the 3DS later this year and will receive a North American release just like the original.

The team has been working hard recreating the experience for 3DS, squeezing as much as they from the machine to maintain high quality assets. Every part of the game, except the animated cut-scenes, have been tweaked to improve performance and keep the quality bar high. The game will see tweaks to control scheme, but no new content additions, weapons or areas. There are also no wireless features - online, StreetPass etc. The team have discussed a sequel to Abyss but nothing is concrete. Producer Yoshizumi hopes to localise more Tales games in the future into English.

Via NeoGaf

ProfessorK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By ProfessorK

Looks great, now give me  a .hack on 3DS with some good online functionality (multiplayer, street pass, etc.) and I'm sold!

Contro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Contro
    JJOR64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#4  Edited By JJOR64

I'm definitely going to get this.  The last Tales game I played through was Vesperia and I'm ready for a new adventure.  Well, new to me anyways.

SonicFire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#5  Edited By SonicFire

You know, I really like this one. For some reason more than the others. Could be that Bump of Chicken song....
    Hiashi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By Hiashi

I really did like this one. Probably my favorite of the tales games but I'm almost afraid to pick it up on 3DS. I remember it being quite long and just know I probably wouldn't have the time to play through it again even if I wanted to.

Avatar image for generic_username
    generic_username

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 7

#7  Edited By generic_username

I really love the tales franchise. I missed this one at its original release, so I plan to get this one when it comes out. I do wish they would go back on the "no new features" thing. Even a typical extra dungeon that they put into every single RPG gone portable would be nice. But.. I guess tales game usually have a dungeon that follows that format already. Does this one already have something like the EX dungeon from Vesperia or the Underworld from Symphonia?
    Cathryn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 14

#8  Edited By Cathryn

Super excited about this game! I have the PS2 version, but have never gotten around to playing it -- the 3DS version might just make it off my pile of shame.

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

#9  Edited By Hailinel

My Tales experiences have been mixed. Some of the games I've played were fairly fun, while others were just dull. I've never tried Abyss, though, so maybe this 3DS remake will sit well with me.

Contro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Contro
    Avatar image for runeseekermireille
    RuneseekerMireille

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I will be pre-ordering this! I'm a huge Tales fangirl! Love their games!

@Hailinel: Have you tried Tales of Rebirth? I feel it has one of the best combat systems in a Tales game. Far more tactical than the rest. Also has a pretty serious racism story. Maybe give that a try?

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#12  Edited By Hailinel

@RuneseekerMireille said:

I will be pre-ordering this! I'm a huge Tales fangirl! Love their games!

@Hailinel: Have you tried Tales of Rebirth? I feel it has one of the best combat systems in a Tales game. Far more tactical than the rest. Also has a pretty serious racism story. Maybe give that a try?

No, I haven't. Maybe I should try to find that one.

Chop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#13  Edited By Chop

I still have some weird impulse to buy Tales games even though I don't enjoy them anymore. Abyss was probably the last one I actually had some fun with but...fehhhhhh. Damn childhood nostalgia causing me to waste money on shit I don't like.

SMTDante89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By SMTDante89

According to Game Informer, the US will get it on February 14, 2012.

Contro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Contro

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.