Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Super Nintendo Entertainment System

Platform »

The Super Nintendo Entertainment System was the second home console released by Nintendo.

Wiki Project: Super '95 Q4

Mento

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 212

Edited By Mento  Moderator

(Click for larger version!)
    (Click for larger version!)

Seven months later, and here we are: there were 411 (we think?) games released on the Super Nintendo Enterainment System/Super Famicom in 1995, and the Giant Bomb wiki has (mostly) complete pages for every single one. The fourth quarter was by far the busiest of that year: November braced itself for the US holiday rush of new releases, and December saw Japan respond with their own. Combined with October, we're talking a total release count of 125 games in that three month window. That's more than most systems see in a year. In fact, that's thirteen less than every game for the TurboGrafx-16 and the TurboGrafx-CD put together. In three months.

Marathons are always the most difficult at the end though, and I'm happy to announce that this one is over. The Super Nintendo would see its last big year in 1995: it spent the whole duration competing with the technologically superior and developer-friendlier (due to the relatively cheap CD format) Sony PlayStation and Sega Saturn, and yet still clowned the two in number of total releases. Once both those systems hit North America and Europe, however, it was the beginning of the end for the once-unconquerable Super Nintendo. The SNES 1996 release schedule will see a greatly reduced number of new games - less than half of 1995's - and with ever-diminishing returns every year after that until the new millennium, when the SNES was finally put to rest. It's at least a little gratifying to know that I'll never have a Wiki Project as immense as this one or last year's Super '94 (which, oddly enough, also ended on a September).

Thanks to everyone who has supported this project with comments and the like, either on these quarterly collages or via my weekly Sunday Summaries wiki updates, and I hope to see you soon for more PC Engine and SNES Wiki Projects down the road. And, as always, be sure to check the "key" in the spoiler block below for every page/game in the above collage, along with a brief description.

(Number = vertical position on the grid, letter = horizontal position on the grid. So 4B would be four down, two across.)

Wiki Project: Super '95
    Q1
    Q2
    Q3
    Q4

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.