Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Super Mario Galaxy 2

Game » consists of 10 releases. Released May 23, 2010

The first Mario sequel in over 15 years to appear on the same console as its predecessor, Mario is back in the galactic platforming game, joined by Yoshi as he explores additional planets with new mechanics, power-ups, and boss battles.

The Goomba.

masterherocard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

Edited By masterherocard

Goomba: [Goom-bah]  

goomba
    goomba

1. A common enemy type in the Mario series of videogames. 
    2. A minion of the villain Bowser.

Minor henchmen, known as the lowest of enemies. They are easily dispatched of with any form of attack. They lack intelligence, and will often walk off of cliffs. Their only form of offense is to run into the opponent, and they have no concept of what defense is. When defeated, they will either give points, coins, or other similer objects. As coins can heal  Mario, they often amount to little more than walking containers.  
    They come in multiple forms, though each form improves very little. Some have wings, and are upgraded to the status of floating jump-off point, while others come in an even weaker variety that are dispatched of even more easily. Often voted as the most pathetic minion in history, any victories obtained by them are attributed either to extreme luck, or a pathetic and disgraceful opponent. 

See also: Things that killed me five times in a row.

masterherocard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By masterherocard

Goomba: [Goom-bah]  

goomba
    goomba

1. A common enemy type in the Mario series of videogames. 
    2. A minion of the villain Bowser.

Minor henchmen, known as the lowest of enemies. They are easily dispatched of with any form of attack. They lack intelligence, and will often walk off of cliffs. Their only form of offense is to run into the opponent, and they have no concept of what defense is. When defeated, they will either give points, coins, or other similer objects. As coins can heal  Mario, they often amount to little more than walking containers.  
    They come in multiple forms, though each form improves very little. Some have wings, and are upgraded to the status of floating jump-off point, while others come in an even weaker variety that are dispatched of even more easily. Often voted as the most pathetic minion in history, any victories obtained by them are attributed either to extreme luck, or a pathetic and disgraceful opponent. 

See also: Things that killed me five times in a row.

Elerigo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By Elerigo

The goomba is a awesome enemy. Just remember that there is strength in numbers. Thumbs up for this blog post.

Diamond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#3  Edited By Diamond

Here's some more fun facts for you.  In Japan they're known as kuriboo (クリボー), pronounced kooreebow.  I wonder if they called them goomba for the mafioso slang?

Way back when with Super Mario Bros 1, I used to think they were actually noses with mustaches moving back and forth.

Zen313

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#4  Edited By Zen313

LOL Cool post. I love putting my boot under those lil pests.  

@Diamond: I had no idea their known as kuriboo in Japanese. Did you happen to edit the Mario Bros page with that info?

Diamond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#5  Edited By Diamond
    @Zen313:  No, is that info on the Mario Bros page?  I see it on the Goomba wikipedia page but not on the one here.  (checked that out when I thought of that little bit on info)
    BRG9000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By BRG9000

These things keep killing me in SMG2 whenever the camera angle goes kinda isometric. 

I do enjoy slurping their wings off with Yoshi so they plummet into a black hole though.

Willy105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 1

#7  Edited By Willy105

I really liked that they brought him back on Galaxy 2. It was great seeing all those little guys walking around.

Claude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

#8  Edited By Claude

I thought this was a Goomba.

No Caption Provided

Sorry, couldn't resist.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.