Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Street Fighter III: 3rd Strike

Game » consists of 9 releases. Released May 12, 1999

The third and final iteration of Street Fighter III, including a wealth of gameplay and design revisions while introducing several new combatants.

Street fighter 3 oe it's been over a month, who's still playing?

TechHits

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 12

#1  Edited By TechHits

So I just wanted to see what the sf3 community was like here on Giant Bomb now that the game is over a month old. I have found that in the past, the one month mark is the threshold for many people before they more on to a new game. Unfortunately Sf3oe came out a week before many of the people here on Giant Bomb had to go back to University (or high school as the case may be), so I would not be surprised if that affected a great deal of bombers interest in the game. I for one have managed to at least turn on my PS3 and play two or three times a week for a few minutes, but if it was up to me I would be playing much more.

--

In short I just wanted to know who here on Giant Bomb is still playing 3rd Strike?

Sooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By Sooty

I got pretty bored. I'll be sticking to SF X Tekken, SSFIV and UMvc3.

I have no motivation to play it when there's no competitive 3S scene to get excited about.

TheUnsavedHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By TheUnsavedHero

I still kick it on from time to time, but I got pretty burned out on the fighting games genre. That plus the fall/holiday release schedule is going to keep me busy.

ThePhantomnaut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 5

#4  Edited By ThePhantomnaut

I am. Practicing.

M_33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By M_33

I play it from time to time. The time it takes to find a match in any online mode keeps me away though.

Vade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By Vade

@M_33 said:

I play it from time to time. The time it takes to find a match in any online mode keeps me away though.

This. My motivation to learn this is kinda low and people I know don't want to touch the game.

AndrewJD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#7  Edited By AndrewJD

I still play now and then. I think it's a really good game and even though the online works better for me now (doesn't take 5 minutes to get into a ranked match!) it still has a lot smaller player base then SFIV, plus the people who are likely to stick with it online are people who've played it for 10 years and are super awesome and out of my league :(

TechHits

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#8  Edited By TechHits

@mubress: I'm surprised, I have only faced a handful of people who have been exceptional at 3rd strike. It may be that because I'm only level 11 I don't see them, I don't know.

scarace360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#9  Edited By scarace360

i still play it my urien has gotten better.

AndrewJD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#10  Edited By AndrewJD

@TechHits said:

@mubress: I'm surprised, I have only faced a handful of people who have been exceptional at 3rd strike. It may be that because I'm only level 11 I don't see them, I don't know.

The majority of people who play online right now are bad, which is because the game hasn't been out very long. What I'm saying is that once people realise how tough the learning curve is the players most likely to stick with it are the ones with experience.

Going from SF4 to 3 isn't easy and I have to presume that quite a lot of the people playing atm haven't even played that, so you can imagine most of them won't stick with it.

craigbo180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

#11  Edited By craigbo180

I'm not playing it anymore since I have all the achievements and I don't really have the desire to play online. I am pretty much exclusively playing locally now, I played about 20 matches with my friend two days ago but before that it had been a while.

LiquidSaiyan3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#12  Edited By LiquidSaiyan3

I haven't been playing, I'm ashamed to say. Been making my way through a bunch of single player games lately, latest of which is Mass Effect which will no doubt lead to part 2. Add in the fall releases, and I'll be pretty occupied for a while.

I'm still very scrubby at the game; can't consistently pull off an SA, among other things. I guess I got spoiled with how forgiving SF4 is with the command inputs.

Caustic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#13  Edited By Caustic

I'm still playing and enjoying it. I have a friend who's pretty good at it, so we play sets regularly and he's been teaching me about the game. It's a bummer that the matchmaking is still the worst junk ever, but I've been getting around this by messaging decent players post-match saying "Hey, you're pretty good, let's play a set!" and that's been working out pretty well.

Hopefully this ranbats thing goes somewhere!

ThePhantomnaut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 5

#14  Edited By ThePhantomnaut

@Caustic said:

I'm still playing and enjoying it. I have a friend who's pretty good at it, so we play sets regularly and he's been teaching me about the game. It's a bummer that the matchmaking is still the worst junk ever, but I've been getting around this by messaging decent players post-match saying "Hey, you're pretty good, let's play a set!" and that's been working out pretty well. Hopefully this ranbats thing goes somewhere!

I hope so too. I want people of the community to dedicate a bit of time (hey it might last for about an hour) to enjoy playing and watching some 3s. Low level, high level, whatever. What I fear is that if they do see it, they pass on by, rendering the project meaningless. There are players out there in this community (evident in TNT) but it seems like they wont bother to compete.

OneManX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 6

#15  Edited By OneManX

It still has Ken and Ryu, so I'm still playing.. on PS3.. with the kinda busted netcode.

Buttenator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 40

#16  Edited By Buttenator

I still play a bunch on both systems.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.