Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty

Game » consists of 10 releases. Released Jul 27, 2010

The first chapter in the StarCraft II trilogy focuses on the struggles of the Terran race, as seen through the eyes of Commander Jim Raynor, leader of the rebel group Raynor's Raiders.

Best Starcraft 2 Cast Youtube channels?

Hannibal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By Hannibal

I'm pretty bad at SC2, but I subscribed to HDStarcraft on a whim and I love it. I also watched the livestream of the SC2 tourny the other day, and whoever did that was also good, and very different from HD. Is there anyone else that would be recommended for SC2 casts, and does GB have its own SC2 cast channel?

WickedCestus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 7

#2  Edited By WickedCestus

HuskyStarcraft is hilarious and awesome. Also Life's A Glitch TV are a couple of cool dudes who cast Bronze to Diamond level games which really helps people like us who are low to mid-tier. 

A lot of people will suggest Day9 but I feel spending an hour a day watching that man talk is silly, and you don't really need it. There are better ways to learn, like just watching a whole hell of a lot.

Crono

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

User Lists: 6

#3  Edited By Crono
    @supermike6 said:
    " HuskyStarcraft is hilarious and awesome. Also Life's A Glitch TV are a couple of cool dudes who cast Bronze to Diamond level games which really helps people like us who are low to mid-tier.  A lot of people will suggest Day9 but I feel spending an hour a day watching that man talk is silly, and you don't really need it. There are better ways to learn, like just watching a whole hell of a lot. "
    Day9 is great for noobs and he makes things really accessible for newcomers. He has his place among the casters I like to think.
    AceBlack19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By AceBlack19

Its not quite what you're asking for, but I do have an SC2 recommendation. There's a series done by TotalBiscuit on youtube called "I Suck at Starcraft 2" where he shows replays of matches and commentates on what experienced players do versus what awful things he did. He's a much better player now and does this as a retrospective to help out new or learning players, and its been a very funny watch thus far. He does commentate on matches as well, but I find his "I suck at Starcraft 2" series to be a better watch.

WickedCestus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By WickedCestus
    @Crono said:
    " @supermike6 said:
    " HuskyStarcraft is hilarious and awesome. Also Life's A Glitch TV are a couple of cool dudes who cast Bronze to Diamond level games which really helps people like us who are low to mid-tier.  A lot of people will suggest Day9 but I feel spending an hour a day watching that man talk is silly, and you don't really need it. There are better ways to learn, like just watching a whole hell of a lot. "
    Day9 is great for noobs and he makes things really accessible for newcomers. He has his place among the casters I like to think. "
    I guess. I just think the way he talks to the camera a lot instead of actually showing the game of Starcraft is annoying for someone like me who wants to learn by watching a lot of Starcraft, because watching Starcraft is fun in its own right.
    WickedCestus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By WickedCestus
    @AceBlack19 said:
    " Its not quite what you're asking for, but I do have an SC2 recommendation. There's a series done by TotalBiscuit on youtube called "I Suck at Starcraft 2" where he shows replays of matches and commentates on what experienced players do versus what awful things he did. He's a much better player now and does this as a retrospective to help out new or learning players, and its been a very funny watch thus far. He does commentate on matches as well, but I find his "I suck at Starcraft 2" series to be a better watch. "
    I also agree with this. Very funny, even though he plays Terran so it's not really that relevant to me. An enjoyable experience though.
    rawrnosaurous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

#7  Edited By rawrnosaurous

I recommend Husky wholeheartedly, my favorite starcraft caster.

matt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#8  Edited By matt

I hate TotalBiscuit with a fucking passion 

audiosnag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#9  Edited By audiosnag

If you're playing Zerg, check out Psy on youtube he's good. Other then that, Husky, HD, LAGTV.
    Day 9 can be a bit of a time commitment but totally worth it. Check out his daily on mechanics, its pretty recent. Super helpful.
    Other then that check out streams, iNcontrol's is great cause he streams coaching sessions.
    EDIT
    Here's the Day9 vid I was talkin about.

Cataphract1014

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Cataphract1014

Psystarcraft is the best of the pure Youtubers, imo.

Sanryd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#11  Edited By Sanryd

I'd say Day9 and Artosis. I orginally watched HD and Husky, but after watching the GSL for some time they just don't sound like they know as much as Tasteless/Artosis/Day9 so it got annoying to listen to them. Don't get me wrong; they know what they need to know, but I just get a more pro-caster feel with the GomTV hosts.

Time_Lord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#12  Edited By Time_Lord

Husky Day9 and Incontroll. EGIncontroll is a coach for EG here is his channel  
    http://www.teamliquid.net/video/streams/iNcontroL

Winternet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#13  Edited By Winternet

I would say Artosis, Day9 and Husky. 

Cataphract1014

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Cataphract1014
    @Winternet said:
    " I would say Artosis, Day9 and Husky.  "
    Oh yeah, I forgot about Artosis.
    DystopiaX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#15  Edited By DystopiaX
    @supermike6 said:
    I have to disagree with your Day9 statement. If you just want to watch games for fun, that's fine, but as a former pro (and he could do it in SC2 but he chooses not to, he's been in top 200 ladder playing as random and not seriously) he offers a lot of insight into the game that anyone not at that level simply can't see and would learn from. His funday mondays are genuinely the best and funniest noninformative casts as well. 
    @Cataphract1014
    said:
    " @Winternet said:
    " I would say Artosis, Day9 and Husky.  "
    Oh yeah, I forgot about Artosis. "
    I'd say Artosis, but I just can't get over his fanboyism, whining, and obvious zerg bias. He is knowledgable, but take everything he says with a grain of salt. 

Oh, and InControL. He's still a pro but is breaking into casting and is really smart and funny. 
     HD and Husky are fine if you just want play-by-plays, but knowledge wise they're pretty bad. HD tries and is Diamond, I believe, but last time I checked Husky was mid-plat and admits he likes playing team games for fun rather than trying to get good. 
     I hate TotalBiscuit. Dude admits that he only casts SC2 cause it's "where the money is" and is actually terrible at the game. That and he goes to TL and whines about how he's being treated unfairly or how people hate him when no such thing occurs.
    Entus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Entus

It depends what you want from the casts. 

If you want to watch the highest level of games with knowledgeable commentators, its at GOMtv.net. You'll have to buy a season ticket to watch all of the games but you can a ridiculous amount for the price you pay.  
    If you want to watch to get better, search for recorded coaching sessions for the race that you play on teamliquid. It helps you understand the decision-making process that pros go through when playing the game. This will help way more than just watching a bunch of games. There are also several Day9 videos that covers some of the 'basics' of the game. 
    If you just play-by-play and don't care about analysis, then husky or totalbiscuit or whatever.

frankxiv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#17  Edited By frankxiv

i like artosis' youtube, the other big youtube casters i'm not too into.

i'm not sure how popular it is stream wise but i like watching fxosheth because he talks while he plays about what's happening and what he's thinking, and i get a lot out of that, as another zerg player

imsh_pl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By imsh_pl

If you want to improve, Day9 is the best choice. Husky and HD are good for entertainment, but they know the game rather poorly and give advice that are so general everyone could figure them out by themselves. I don't really like TotalBiscuit because not only is his knowledge pretty awful, but also I don't find him funny at all.
    Of course, there's also Tasteless and Artosis, who have pretty high knowledge about the game but I don't really find their sense of humor funny at all. However, they are casting the GSL, the largest tournaments in SC 2, so I have to listen to them pretty often.

Thule

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Thule
    @Cataphract1014 said:
    " Psystarcraft is the best of the pure Youtubers, imo. "
    Word.

(inject bitch!)
    Cataphract1014

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Cataphract1014
    @Thule:  I don't even play zerg and I enjoy his casts.  I wish there was a Protoss version of him.

Also, his brother started his own channel for mostly Live casts of him playing Random in master.  It is pretty good.
    Hannibal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Hannibal

Thanks for all the suggestions guys. That Day9 video was really helpful. I was both annoyed and grateful for his longwindedness cause I know I'm not gonna forget anything XD

gahathat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By gahathat

Thanks all! I was looking for a good caster too.

cstewart2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By cstewart2008

Tractor Chute is a laid back caster, fairly humerous and does challenges. I enjoy it anyways, maybe some of you will to http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hIVE0T37Aik

jbaris

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I hear ya, Tractor Chute Starcraft is my favorite too. I like Artosis and Husky too but wish they followed Tractor Chute's lead by posting more consistently! T Chute's got 5-10 posts a week which is sweet when I'm itching for some SC2!

I've actually submitted a lot of my favorite replays and he's cast quite a few of them!

Avatar image for rollingzeppelin
    rollingzeppelin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By rollingzeppelin

Day9 was my go to guy for getting better at SC. If I were to go back to the game I'd continue to check his stuff.

MezZa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By MezZa

Day9's still a good choice if you're looking for good content. Just make sure to read the descriptions/titles of his videos so you know what you're getting. He often drifts away from just casting the game in order to teach new players. His videos are long, so you don't want to find out halfway through that he's focusing on simpler things for new players that day when you really just wanted to see some analysis of a strategy.

If you just want pure casted games look up the channels for the tournaments themselves. I'm not sure if all of them have youtube channels, but they all have twitch or their own website with vods. WCS Europe/America/Korea, redbull training grounds, dreamhack, homestory cup, etc.

My favorite casters are definitely Day9, Tasteless and Artosis, Incontrol, and Apollo.

Edit: Oh fuck, just looked at the time stamp of the original post.

mano521

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If you arent any good i highly suggest going to LAGTV. Theyre a couple of funny dudes and they also frequent this site, so you know they got class. At least Adam does anywho

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.