Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Star Wars: The Old Republic

Game » consists of 5 releases. Released Dec 20, 2011

Star Wars: The Old Republic is a massively-multiplayer role-playing game set 300 years after the events of BioWare's Knights of the Old Republic series, but still approximately 3,600 years before the events of the films.

I don't get it...

Double0hFor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By Double0hFor

So I've been playing the original KOTOR's recently and I've noticed something and I need answers!

In the first and second KOTOR you can be either gender for your main character, in the second one they refer to Revan as a female. However in TOR (I haven't played it but saw the cut scene where Revan is awoken and talks to the exile), Revan is male and the exile is female.

Why isn't this consistent? Also what is the proper genders? I assumed Revan was generally male.

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

#2  Edited By Justin258

Whoever wrote KOTOR 2 played KOTOR 1 as a girl, and whoever wrote TOR played KOTOR 1 as a dude.

Avatar image for the_laughing_man
    The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By The_Laughing_Man

Wookieepedia says hes a male. 

Marz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 11

#4  Edited By Marz

canonically he is male.

Avatar image for video_game_king
    Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

User Lists: 14

#5  Edited By Video_Game_King

Have none of you considered the possibility of a transgender Jedi?

morningstar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#6  Edited By morningstar

@Video_Game_King said:

I have now.

Marz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 11

#7  Edited By Marz
    @Video_Game_King said:

sure, but Satele Shan is a descendent of Revan and Bastila... soo.. one must have had a penis.
    Avatar image for video_game_king
    Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

User Lists: 14

#8  Edited By Video_Game_King

@Marz:

Maybe Satele is the result of donor sperm or something. Do the Jedi have anything against donor sperm? Because I feel like there's at least one religion that might.

Oldirtybearon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#9  Edited By Oldirtybearon

Canonically Revan is male and The Exile is female. Although that's Obsidian canon so who gives a fuck about that.

EerieTraveler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By EerieTraveler

I thought that if you played as a female in KotOR2 then it referred to Revan as male while if you played as a male it referred to Revan as a female. It's been forever since I've played 2 though so I might be completely off-base.

RE_Player1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By RE_Player1

@Oldirtybearon said:

Canonically Revan is male and The Exile is female. Although that's Obsidian canon so who gives a fuck about that.

In The Old Republic that stays true. you actually meet Revan and The Exile in one flashpoint.

project343

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#12  Edited By project343

@Double0hFor: IIRC, you select the gender (and moral alignment) of Revan in KOTOR2 through dialogue, and the rest of the game will treat Revan as such. The canonical Revan is a male who redeemed himself (morally good) and went on to marry Bastila, and the Exile is a morally good female. Reading the book ('Revan') asserts these as the canonical choices.

ExiledVip3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By ExiledVip3r

You decide what gender Revan is in KOTOR2 as well. When your talking to Atton for the first time he mentions Revan and you have the dialog choice to correct him on the gender or not, if you don't correct him they continue referring to Revan as that gender.

Krullban

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Krullban

@ExiledVip3r said:

You decide what gender Revan is in KOTOR2 as well. When your talking to Atton for the first time he mentions Revan and you have the dialog choice to correct him on the gender or not, if you don't correct him they continue referring to Revan as that gender.

This is the truth. That conversation is what causes it. You choose. Canonically Revan is male.

Karkarov

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Karkarov

Yeah what these people said. The part I find the most humorous is that despite arbitrarily being female (which is okay by me) the Exile still has no name even now. The worst part though is that Revan despite all his backstory turns out to be nothing but a 4 man dungeon boss who gets worked like a jobber and is supposedly dead now. He took out sith lords, gave the emperor himself a run, won the mandalorian wars, and almost brought the entire galaxy to his knees.... but put him against a twilek inquisitor with pink skin and too much mascara and he falls down like a house of cards apparently.

Krullban

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Krullban

@Karkarov said:

Yeah what these people said. The part I find the most humorous is that despite arbitrarily being female (which is okay by me) the Exile still has no name even now. The worst part though is that Revan despite all his backstory turns out to be nothing but a 4 man dungeon boss who gets worked like a jobber and is supposedly dead now. He took out sith lords, gave the emperor himself a run, won the mandalorian wars, and almost brought the entire galaxy to his knees.... but put him against a twilek inquisitor with pink skin and too much mascara and he falls down like a house of cards apparently.

He didn't really die in ToR, when he's defeated he puts a shield around himself and disappears into a bright light, and the writers have said his fate is not yet determined.

Karkarov

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Karkarov

@Krullban said:

@Karkarov said:

He didn't really die in ToR, when he's defeated he puts a shield around himself and disappears into a bright light, and the writers have said his fate is not yet determined.

Depends on what writers you talk to. Last time I saw official posting in regards to revan they said he was dead.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.