Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Star Trek Online

Game » consists of 6 releases. Released Feb 02, 2010

A sci-fi MMORPG developed by Cryptic Studios and Perpetual Entertainment which allows players to fight amongst the ranks of Starfleet, join the Klingon Empire, or rebuild a Romulan homeworld.

Kinda want to give Star Trek Online another chance, but ...

Avatar image for deactivated-6281db536cb1d
    deactivated-6281db536cb1d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

... I'm still playing and paying for SW:TOR.

It's sort of a weird thing, I played STO for about a month in August and, while I really dug the space combat, didn't pull the trigger fire my phasers on paying to play it. Now I'm playing TOR, and I do really like it, but I'm having a craving for some good space combat. I want to play it, but I'm worried it'll suck me away from TOR ( a game I'm actually paying for.)

Anybody else stuck in this predicament? Anybody playing both right now?

Avatar image for deactivated-5e60061752a57
    deactivated-5e60061752a57

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

No Caption Provided

Look at this man's face.

Let your heart be your guide.

Avatar image for halcyontwilight
    halcyontwilight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By halcyontwilight

Just install it so you can hop on and blast Romulans/Klingons/Bad Guys out of the sky every now and then. It's a great game to just hop on and complete a few missions or fleet actions.

There isn't a huge community behind STO, even with the F2P release, so only your love for blasting things to smithereens with your phasers will keep you engaged. The new Duty Officer stuff that was added isn't too compelling, and all the other stuff they added was either to streamline or pad out the content.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.