Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

South Park: The Stick of Truth

Game » consists of 13 releases. Released Mar 04, 2014

An Obsidian-developed role-playing game based on the South Park animated TV series, in which players control a new kid in the eponymous town of South Park and takes part in an epic pretend-fantasy story that threatens the entire town.

Just beat the game. Never laughed harder...

golguin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 10

#1  Edited By golguin

than any other game I could remember. There have been games that make me laugh and chuckle through various areas, but I was laughing HARD thoughout most of the game. The ending literally had me dying. I've watched every South Park episode so I knew all the inside jokes, but I think it would still be funny to people that don't watch the show.

I couldn't believe how timely some of the jokes were. They even included an Obamacare website jab and Doritos Locos Tacos stuff and they barely came out late last year.

Funniest game ever made? Why can't more games be this funny?

Snail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

#2  Edited By Snail
    @golguin said:

The ending literally had me dying.

I was thinking of playing this game, but I don't think it's worth that risk.

Oldirtybearon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By Oldirtybearon

@snail said:

@golguin said:

IT IS WORTH THE FUCKING RISK.

Yes, the caps were necessary. YOU HAVE NO IDEA how fucking weird, baffling, and outright HILARIOUS this game is.

Avatar image for deactivated-64162a4f80e83
    deactivated-64162a4f80e83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

The quick look made me think 'NONE OF THIS MATERIAL IS FUNNY' and the first hour of the game I was left thinking 'Other than Cartmans room of references none of this has been funny' but I was delighted to discover that not only does the game finally hit it's stride in the 2nd hour it also becomes increasingly funnier as the game goes on... and yes the ending was the crescendo it should've been. The humour starts weak but continues to ramp up as the story progresses which is much better than having the peak early on, shame that first hour is kind of a bummer though.

nightriff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 7

I'm the opposite, while I enjoyed the game (except for those damn QT events, fuck you abortion mini game), I didn't really laugh out loud like I thought I would, chuckled here and there but nothing blew me away. My humor has changed over the years and maybe if this came out in 2012 when it was supposed to I would've enjoyed it more but it didn't.

Funniest game? I know it is such a GB answer...but I haven't laughed harder ever at a game than during the Persona 4 cross dressing pageant.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

#6  Edited By Humanity

@snail said:

@golguin said:

Yes, the caps were necessary. YOU HAVE NO IDEA how fucking weird, baffling, and outright HILARIOUS this game is.

With the caveat that you have to enjoy South Park.

If you moved on over the years then it's not gonna do much for me. I used to love South Park years ago but it doesn't do much for me anymore. No fault of the show itself, I guess I just moved on.

tatsuyarr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#7  Edited By tatsuyarr

I've never watched the show but I played the game and I must admit I really liked it and laughed a lot.

I'm open to all kinds of humor and this one particularly ticked with me.

VierasTalo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By VierasTalo

"Never laughed harder than any other game I could remember"

There's something super-off about that sentence and I have a hard time realizing what it is.

xXCrazyCostaXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

GOTY so far

PimblyCharles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@golguin: I thought the last fight(s) and ending were superb. You're right, more games should be this funny. You can tell Trey and Matt put a real good amount of time into the script and dialogue. That combined with Obsidian's incredible development skills makes it my GOTY so far. Then again, I'm an Obsidian fanboy, so no surprise there...

Morgan Freeman needs more freckles.

CheerUpYuko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By CheerUpYuko

@vierastalo said:

"Never laughed harder than any other game I could remember"

There's something super-off about that sentence and I have a hard time realizing what it is.

it's the "than"

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

Ill always appreciate how trey and matt are so good at making timely humor but personally I haven't found south park funny in years.

golguin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@golguin: I thought the last fight(s) and ending were superb. You're right, more games should be this funny. You can tell Trey and Matt put a real good amount of time into the script and dialogue. That combined with Obsidian's incredible development skills makes it my GOTY so far. Then again, I'm an Obsidian fanboy, so no surprise there...

Morgan Freeman needs more freckles.

I know the episode so as soon as I heard the voice I lost it. It's probably true that only a South Park fan that's kept up with all the episodes can appreciate all of the humor, but it's probably still funny without knowing everything about the show.

Fredchuckdave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

No Princess Bride? For shame.

golguin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Princess Bride? For shame.

Princess Bride? That had a game?

theacidskull

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 1

@snail said:

@golguin said:

Sounds about right, this is,after all, south park we're talking about. The Show( or in this case game) where fucking everything is possible.

Jesus_Phish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The moment when Chef comes into the game, I had the biggest grin on my face and gave the game a round of applause. Absolutely great game.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.