Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Sonic Unleashed

Game » consists of 16 releases. Released Nov 14, 2008

Sonic Unleashed is two different Sonic titles released in 2008 across four consoles. Both titles feature high-speed Sonic stages, slower-paced "Werehog" levels, and town hubs where players must progress through the story.

Would Sonic Unleashed Be a Fun Game without the Werehog?

Blubba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

#1  Edited By Blubba
    Blubba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Blubba

I don't understand why there was that much hate for this game. The daytime levels were great in my opinion. But so many people are like "Sonic can't be done in 3D"; honestly, if they had just scrapped werehog and made a game with stuff only like the day-time stuff, I think Sonic could be done in 3D.

beargirl1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 24

#3  Edited By beargirl1

i played that game for a bit and i would say that it would be much better off with just the day time levels 

bonbolapti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By bonbolapti

I don't think it would make too much of a difference.
    Blubba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Blubba
    @bonbolapti said:
    " I don't think it would make too much of a difference. "
    What makes you say that? Would you say that the day time levels just weren't for you or were of low quality?
    bonbolapti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By bonbolapti

Well I just beat the game recently, and I wasn't bothered by the werehog stages at all. But I just felt that the difficulty near the end takes whatever fun you had with this game and throws it out the window, Sonic stages alone.

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

#7  Edited By Hailinel
    @Blubba said:
    " I don't understand why there was that much hate for this game. The daytime levels were great in my opinion. But so many people are like "Sonic can't be done in 3D"; honestly, if they had just scrapped werehog and made a game with stuff only like the day-time stuff, I think Sonic could be done in 3D. "
    The hate stems from the fact that Sega once again thought up another dumb gimmick to try to make Sonic relevant again when all anyone that's been a fan of the series since the early '90s has ever asked for is another game where it's just Sonic running fast.  No secondary playable characters.  No Shadow, no Big the Cat.  No bizarre relationships with humans.  Just a proper return to the Sonic games of old.  Why this was has been so hard for Sega to understand, I don't know.  Maybe the problem just stems from the fact that Sonic's core mechanic in the early days, running really fast, isn't enough to carry an entire game anymore, but that doesn't really excuse the garbage that Sonic Team and others have used to try to fill the gaps.
    Diamond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#8  Edited By Diamond

It'd be better, but it wouldn't fix all the faults.

flaminghobo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 13

#9  Edited By flaminghobo
    @Diamond said:
    " It'd be better, but it wouldn't fix all the faults. "
    MidniteWalker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#10  Edited By MidniteWalker

Yes, the damn SEGA company does not even know what the hell they are even doing to him.

Willy105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 1

#11  Edited By Willy105

No.

I did not like the 3D sections of Sonic Unleashed. They were far too linear for me. Just pressing forward and avoiding obstacles is all that is needed. It's like all the stupid and fake criticisms about the Sonic Rush series became true.

Mgsfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Mgsfreak

Agreed, the daytime levels are great and get really challenging later on, especially the DLC. Mabey if they didnt include the werehog it wouldn't give people an easy way to dismiss it...still people seem to enjoy moaning about sonic and sega more anyway. 

Snail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#13  Edited By Snail

As a PSN game or something like that. The Werehog breaks the pace, but I don't really think it is a terrible game anyway, it is rather enjoyable in my opinion.

Protoroll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Protoroll

I would have finished the game if it were not for the werehog levels because the day time levels are so damn good.

nail1080

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By nail1080

No werehog levels are good. I let my 3 year old nephew play them and he has fun

GunstarRed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#16  Edited By GunstarRed

it would be a much better game.... but some of the levels need fixing... there are some ridiculous checkpoints and some insta-death things that you cannot see until you know the level like the back of your hand... there are almost-on rails sequences that are truly awesome until you hit a spinny-spike jumping sequence and lose all your lives..and then back to the start.... and the same happens again...and again..and again.
    Godwind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Godwind
    @Hailinel said:
    " @Blubba said:
    " I don't understand why there was that much hate for this game. The daytime levels were great in my opinion. But so many people are like "Sonic can't be done in 3D"; honestly, if they had just scrapped werehog and made a game with stuff only like the day-time stuff, I think Sonic could be done in 3D. "
    The hate stems from the fact that Sega once again thought up another dumb gimmick to try to make Sonic relevant again when all anyone that's been a fan of the series since the early '90s has ever asked for is another game where it's just Sonic running fast.  No secondary playable characters.  No Shadow, no Big the Cat.  No bizarre relationships with humans.  Just a proper return to the Sonic games of old.  Why this was has been so hard for Sega to understand, I don't know.  Maybe the problem just stems from the fact that Sonic's core mechanic in the early days, running really fast, isn't enough to carry an entire game anymore, but that doesn't really excuse the garbage that Sonic Team and others have used to try to fill the gaps. "
    I actually like Sonic Adventure.  It is still as fun as it was 10 years ago.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.