Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Sonic Generations

Game » consists of 12 releases. Released Nov 01, 2011

Old school and new school collide in this 20th Anniversary celebration of the Sonic franchise.

2D and 3D gameplay

jeanluc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 13

#1  Edited By jeanluc  Staff

I'm not sure how I feel about this. It seems like there trying to get the "best" of both worlds by having the both the classic 2D gameplay and the modern 3D gameplay. Its also suppose to have remixes of all the classic sonic levels of yesteryear. I guess that makes sense because this is the 20th anniversary of sonic after all. I may play it for the nostalgia but thats probably it.
    Contro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Contro

Yea, It's looking like you jump from one to the other, which is slightly disappointing. I would have liked the option to play 2D only, 3D Sonic has never close to matching the playability of the best 2D games.

I want the 3DS version, the graphics should look awesome.  

JJOR64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By JJOR64

Graphically, the game looks amazing.  Now lets hope the gameplay holds up.

coonce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 12

#4  Edited By coonce

sonic needs pants.

GunstarRed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 10

#5  Edited By GunstarRed

Game looks gorgeous, like all of the best parts of unleashed. (there were good bits amongst the shit) As long as the stages don't get ridiculously hard and force you to restart from the beginning because of some annoying slow platforming death-spike section it could possibly be awesome.  The only thing I'm having issues with is the "Hey look we made what you wanted.... just like the old ones"  like Sonic 4 never happened. Colours  is awesome and seemed like a brilliant direction with some new ideas and it's a shame it looks like they have  ditched that for nostalgia.

RJay_64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By RJay_64

I think they should have just stuck with one direction throughout the entire game. It's a bit jarring to go from old style to new style....I should know since I played it. The best way to do this would have been to make 2 separate games and put them on the same disc, so you could get to choose which style and still call it Sonic Generations. But from the demo I played, it doesn't look like that's the direction. I haven't read enough about the game to know if there's a choice or not though.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.