Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

SOMA

Game » consists of 4 releases. Released Sep 22, 2015

A horror game from Frictional Games. Set at the bottom of the ocean, it explores themes of the self, humanity, the mind, and consciousness.

What Happened to [Blank] Horror Game?

• 50 results
    ThunderSlash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

Oh wow, I haven't realized how long it has been since the last SOMA trailer.

Avatar image for responsible_bear
    responsible_bear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Glad to hear these games are still in development, was beginning to worry a little!

Avatar image for chilipeppersman
    chilipeppersman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

User Lists: 4

got major goosebumps from reading this, all these games are right up my alley, and its nice to hear an update on them. BTW that concept art from SOMA is wicked cool. Great article Patrick.

theacidskull

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 1

#56  Edited By theacidskull

Truth be told, I'm not really feeling Routine. I'm just really tired of Space horror, which seems to be quite abundant these days. Presentation wise, Asylum seems more diverse and free in terms of creativity, but that may be because Mental institutions, despite being done to death, generally provide more possibilities than abandoned space stations. That being said, SOMA still seems like the most alluring and fascinating game among these three; this is probably because Underwater Horror games are kinda scares(I can only think of Bioshock and Bioshock 2 that come close to water related horror games), so seeing a different setting feels far more fresh and unique when compared to the overused space station/Mental Asylum settings. Plus, above everything else, knowing that the Frictional games made Amnesia:The Dark Descent does kinda help boost my confidence that SOMA will indeed be awesome.

Essentially, I'm talking out of my ass, since none of these games have shown enough content to make the final verdict on which one I like most on a superficial level.

Xeirus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

As someone who cannot handle playing horror games, I appreciate @patrickklepek in a major way. I can't play horror games but I LOVE horror movies and Spookin with Scoops really does exactly what I want. Without Spookin I would likely never see any of these games, which would be a real bummer because that stuff is worth seeing.

Basically, thank you Patrick!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.