Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Sniper Elite V2

Game » consists of 17 releases. Released May 01, 2012

Sniper Elite V2 is a reboot to the tactical third person shooter Sniper Elite.

Demo is out now (PSN at least)

• 62 results
    Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

#51  Edited By Humanity

@artgarcrunkle said:

@Humanity said:

I thought the demo was fun but I'm worried about how much MORE of that type of gameplay can sustain my interest. The bullet cam didn't get old for a 15-20 min demo but over a 6-8 hour game? Also I dunno it's been years but I'm STILL burned out on the WWII setting.

Some of the enemy snipers saw me from a mile away even when I was slowly crawling towards them so I hope the AI isn't as all-seeing in the full game (but it probably will)

What difficulty did everyone play on? I did the one thats above "Normal" I guess and you have to compensate for wind.

Also RB/R1 for slo-mo time is a very poorly mapped button since you can't shoot unless you do some fancy fingerwork.

I thought it was OK but I have both a middle and index finger on my right hand, your mileage may vary.

Well I only have a thumb and index finger on both my hands so it's a problem for me - I also heard some people who aren't as unlucky as I am don't normally use both their middle and index fingers at the same time on the triggers, but hey what does a freak of nature like me know.

artgarcrunkle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#52  Edited By artgarcrunkle

@Humanity: Show me a picture of your hands.

Also those two buttons are a quarter of an inch away from each other. Even with my tiny wussy baby hands I don't have a problem just using my index finger. Really stretching by calling it fancy fingerwork.

Avatar image for deactivated-59a31562f0e29
    deactivated-59a31562f0e29

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

@Humanity: It was pretty awkward for me yeah, especially as I only use my index fingers on the triggers. And especially especially when I wanted to zoom in too ... left trigger, up on d-pad, right bumper to slow, bring middle finger up to shoot. Not very well-thought out but I guess fine.

I'd say the game is entirely average but they've absolutely fucking nailed that killcam thing ... maybe actually even better with fingers all over the controller cos you can just release everything at once when the cam starts and begin your celebrations. Surprised just how satisfying it is though to land a shot and get the cam with bullet drop and wind and everything involved.

cloudnineboya

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54  Edited By cloudnineboya

really enjoyed the thirst one on pc,so hopeing this one is as good if not better.

and hopefully the mp side off the game is good it was piss back then.

reminds me off the days i used to play MOH pacific assault mp non stop, man they where fun times so many cool peeps played that game

sniper servers i talking about off course.

Ravenlight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#55  Edited By Ravenlight

@Sackmanjones said:

I have had people survive from a shot before in the leg or arm, (which caused one of his buddies to run and pick him up which followed in me shooting the grenade on his belt kiling them both).

THAT SOUNDS AWESOME!

I can't wait to buy this...when it's 75% off on Steam a month or two after release.

But I'm in the same boat. It doesn't seem awesome enough for full price.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

#56  Edited By Humanity
    @artgarcrunkle

@Humanity: Show me a picture of your hands.

Also those two buttons are a quarter of an inch away from each other. Even with my tiny wussy baby hands I don't have a problem just using my index finger. Really stretching by calling it fancy fingerwork.

It's not a toggle you have to hold the button for the slow motion.

Believe me, I'm not pulling some wool over your eyes here - a vast majority of people only use their index finger for triggers/bumpers. I don't know anyone that puts their middle fingers on triggers and index fingers on bumpers.
    artgarcrunkle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By artgarcrunkle

@Humanity: My bad, there's a bit of time after you take your finger off the button where it stays in slow motion and I'm real eager when it comes to shooting Nazis in the dick so I didn't notice it wasn't a toggle.

SavageM2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By SavageM2

I'm having a lot of fun with the demo. It is kind of eerie how satisfying the kill cam can be. Especially when you shoot a grenade hanging on a persons belt. Or when you shoot one guy and the bullet goes through and tumbles into another guy.

Krampus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 3

#59  Edited By Krampus

I really enjoyed this demo. I thought the killcam and the stealth setup were pretty satisfying overall and it has been a while since I had any kind of game the was just stealth. This kind of brings back the nostalgia of those older Medal of Honor games where you storm Normandy. I know if won't have random soldiers in different locations each time you play but that would have been pretty cool, and the footsteps are really loud but those were my only complaints. I will probably pick this up.

AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 11

#60  Edited By AhmadMetallic

Eh, nothing on Steam. I could turn on my dusty PS3 and download it but... aiming with a small rubber stick isn't my idea of fun.

DougCL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#61  Edited By DougCL

i pointed a friend to the demo on XBL, and proceeded to listen to him freak out about how cool it is and wondering why he didn't know about it sooner. the surprisingly good demo, and the $50 price point im seeing on amazon is enough for me to take a chance on this one.

Avatar image for willthemagicasian
    WilltheMagicAsian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

PC demo just dropped on Steam.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.