Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Sniper Elite 4

Game » consists of 3 releases. Released Feb 14, 2017

Join the Italian resistance and snipe the hell out of fascists in the latest Sniper Elite game.

Anybody picked up Sniper Elite 4? Initial thoughts?

JohnLocke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Hey all,

I am curious if anybody has picked up Sniper Elite 4 (I believe it came out on Tuesday?) and there seems to be little talk surrounding the game so wondered if any fellow Giantbomb members had picked it up and what they think of the game so far?

Cheers.

SamanthaK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By SamanthaK

I want to but i still want to finish SE3

I heard 4 is good though, it's like 3 but with small little additions like hiding in foliage and hanging stealth kills etc.

hans_maulwurf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I haven't yet, but I've played 2 and 3. Those were good games, and if reviews are to be believed (eurogamers "recommended" and gamespots 8/10 are the ones I read), this is a more refined version of those. Not something that's gonna convince people who didn't care about the series in the past, but probably a good entry point for people on the fence.

mordukai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By mordukai

The Sniper Elite games are fun for the first 2-3 missions then they become boring. I feel like this game series will fare better if they go the Hitman route and make it into episodic DLC's with the occasional "elusive" target.

pauljeremiah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 90

User Lists: 1

Gonna wait till they bring out an Ultimate Editon like they did with 3 and get everything at once.

Avatar image for deactivated-63b0572095437
    deactivated-63b0572095437

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm enjoying it so far. I'm a big fan of the series and I welcome the more open levels. The smallest map in SE4 is something like 3 times larger than the biggest in 3. It helps feel like I'm really tackling the missions my own way. In the end it's just more Sniper Elite. There's nothing here for you if you've been cold on the previous games or are tired of the formula. It's a good one of those, but still one of those. I'm about 1/3 through the campaign, so I can't speak on its longevity. Each mission has taken me about an hour and there seems to be 10 of them. I'm sure later levels will take more time with how I play, so I'm thinking in the 10-20 hour range including running the good missions again on the hardest difficulty and messing with co-op a bit. Haven't messed with survival or MP yet.

Giantstalker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 2

@mordukai said:

The Sniper Elite games are fun for the first 2-3 missions then they become boring. I feel like this game series will fare better if they go the Hitman route and make it into episodic DLC's with the occasional "elusive" target.

This idea is so simple in concept and awesome that I'm quoting it just to highlight how good it is.

I'd dump hundreds and hundreds of hours into something like that!

(Also, Sniper Elite III seems busted/crashes on Windows 10 so I kinda fell off from the series)

mems1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Rented it from Gamefly and should get it tomorrow. Really liked 2 and 3 so Im looking forward to it

Zurv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

I had fun with the game in co-op. But it totally isn't worth $60. story was nothing, the AI is super dumb... also i beat the game on hard in 10 hours even trying to do everything i could in each mission too/killed everyone.

movement "feels" odd (even when not crouching.) bugged my eyes for whatever reason. FOV? The game did run fine. I was about 120fps at 4k.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a0917a2494ce
    deactivated-5a0917a2494ce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

It's fun but the hype and price are doing it a disservice. It's the best of the series but I'm getting bored after about 3 hours of play. Probably an easy recommend if it was $29.99 but not at $60. You can play 3 and get the same level of enjoyment.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a0917a2494ce
    deactivated-5a0917a2494ce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

@zurv: It's the camera. There really isn't much auto movement of the camera so it feels like you're spinning around in weird ways while the camera stays still.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.