Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Singularity

Game » consists of 11 releases. Released Jun 29, 2010

Singularity is Raven Software's alternate history shooter, where the player is given the ability of time manipulation.

49.99 on steam or 39.99 on D2D.

Funzzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By Funzzo

Has anyone noticed that steam is selling singularity for 10.00 more then D2D? I dont think it's on sale or anything just cheaper at D2D.
    Binman88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By Binman88

If you're asking which one to buy it from, I recommend the cheaper one.

Funzzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By Funzzo

Just wondering why steam is charging 10.00 more.
    Binman88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Binman88

Because they can. Same reason they charge almost twice the price for all new games, compared with buying a boxed copy in Europe.

Diamond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#5  Edited By Diamond

Dude, I'd wait a month or two.  Game is bound to drop in price a lot.  Then start looking at retail sales.

mikemcn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 8

#6  Edited By mikemcn
    @Binman88 said:
    " Because they can. Same reason they charge almost twice the price for all new games, compared with buying a boxed copy in Europe. "
    I'd pay double for the convenience of having it on steam, and not having to deal with a disc. (and not having to import it.) 

But if D2D is cheaper and you don't mind dealing with them, then that is what you should do. I personally do everything I can to stick with steam, so that i can keep all my games in one place.
    Binman88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Binman88
    @Mikemcn: Wow, really? Having a game exclusively on Steam for me is a huge inconvenience. I find it much quicker to reinstall a game from a disc without having to download up to 10 gigs of data first.
    mikemcn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 8

#8  Edited By mikemcn
    @Binman88 said:
    " @Mikemcn: Wow, really? Having a game exclusively on Steam for me is a huge inconvenience. I find it much quicker to reinstall a game from a disc without having to download up to 10 gigs of data first. "
    Yes, that is the one downside, but before i had steam, my office where my PC is was filled to the brim with PC boxes that I didn't take the time to throw away, and discs that would get lost or damaged, and my new PC has the world loudest disc drive, so Not spinning a disc makes me a much happier camper haha.  But with my fairly average internet connection even the largest of games (Fallout 3, Mass Effect 2) only take 3 or 4 hours and most games take less than an hour
    Teaspoon83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#9  Edited By Teaspoon83

I have re-purchased games from Steam because I have a feeling that Steam is going to be around for a while and I like not having to dig through box after box to find that game I have an itch to play. In this game though, I would take up the cheaper price if you need it right now or wait till the price drops and pick it up on Steam.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.