Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Sid Meier's Civilization Revolution 2

Game » consists of 2 releases. Released Jul 02, 2014

A sequel to the popular offshoot of the main Civilization series.

How is everyone liking it?

Darth_Navster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 4

So I just picked this up last night and played a random map on Chieftain to get a feel for the new additions. Seems like more of the same as Civ Rev 1, with some smart additions from Civ 5 rolled in. Not a bad thing IMHO, as I dropped way too much time into both those games. How are you guys liking it?

Avatar image for physicalscience
    physicalscience

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Was going to grab it until I saw it was $14.99. I have civ rev one on my iPad and this just doesn't seem different enough to justify spending that much on an app, I'll most likely grab it on a sale though.

Darth_Navster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 4

@physicalscience: I agree about the price point being a little high. I only got it because I had an iTunes card lying around. Really should have been in the $5-10 range for what they've provided.

Avatar image for physicalscience
    physicalscience

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darth_navster: Yea i was hoping for like $7.99 at the most. My main issue with the $15 price point is that they are claiming games wont last more than an hour, which seems crazy to pay that much for. I will have civ rev one games that I will pick up and play for a few days off and on when I'm in the mood and that's how I was hoping this game would be. I was also hoping for them to come up with some clever ways to implement some of the new stuff that came with civ 5 but it seems like pretty much a 3d version of the same game already available. Not surprising coming from 2k china, the iPad borderlands game was also a huge disappointment for me.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c5cdba6e0b96
    deactivated-5c5cdba6e0b96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 3

I thought this was going to be free-to-play? I may take a look at it at some point, not sure if I'm willing to pay that much for a mobile game (excluding vita and 3DS).

matt_f606

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Yeah, bit steep for me. I hope they do a Quicklook.

elko84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

Played it for a few yesterday. Game feels much more like Civ Rev for the 360, which I enjoyed, than the first version of Civ Rev on mobile. I think it's pretty great so far and sort of makes me wish Civ Rev 2 was on consoles.

sawtooth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

Anyone tried the Vita version? Trying to pick a good commuter game.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.