Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 3 Portable

Game » consists of 5 releases. Released Nov 01, 2009

Persona 3 Portable is an enhanced port of Persona 3 for PSP. New features include an additional female protagonist as well as certain gameplay adjustments introduced in Persona 4.

Persona 3 Portable Ending (Spoilers derp)

OllyOxenFree

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 9

#1  Edited By OllyOxenFree

So I finally finished this game today and I must say that the ending was really really well done.  The MC died in no pain.  He simply just "went to sleep".  Plus, having Aigis comforting the MC while he dies was sweet.  Really heartbreaking when you can only hear Junpei and the rest before his demise.  *fade to white*.  Beautiful.

Better than P4's ending?  Well, I'd say they are both equally good but P3's has more of an impact emotionally.  As Jeff said in the ending of the Endurance Run for Persona 4-

"That game is really good!"

SpiralStairs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By SpiralStairs

I haven't seen it in P3P, but I doubt it's any different than the FES ending.

That was truly the only time a game nearly made me cry. I couldn't even sleep for the rest of the night because I just kept on thinking about it. It was excellent, and the funny thing is, I thought the MC was going to die at the end the moment I started playing (especially because of all the "memento mori" stuff in the intro) and when I watched I thought he just fell asleep.

And on top of all that, the credits replay a bunch of the cutscenes from the game, which made it even better.

Listening to this song reminds me of how much I enjoyed that ending. Good stuff. 

Raven9686

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By Raven9686

Because of the P3 ending, I kept waiting for Charlie to die. I was suprised when when He made it thorugh.  
    WHIle I love both ending. P4's ending was better. What pisses me of about P3 ending is the opening movie  implied that the male prot/charlene might live. Am I the only one who took "to live is" as a sign
    Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

#4  Edited By Hailinel
    @Raven9686 said:
    " Because of the P3 ending, I kept waiting for Charlie to die. I was suprised when when He made it thorugh.  WHIle I love both ending. P4's ending was better. What pisses me of about P3 ending is the open movie  implied that the male prot/charlene might live. Am I the only one who took "to live is" as a sign "
    If you pay closer attention to that portion of the opening movie, you'll see more text accompanying it, completing the phrase with words such as "To live is to change."  It basically goes back to the philosophical concepts flashed in the opening movie for the original version of P3.  "Memento Mori," or "Remember that you are mortal," which relates to the notion that the main character has only a year to live, and that his/her interactions with others and the social links formed will ultimately bring about change.  It's about making an impact on the world around the main character, and emphasizes the importance of forging social links that will have a lasting impact on others even after the main character is gone.
    captjim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By captjim

i just finished this game for the first time ever today (and i hadn't played the original or FES) and the ending almost made made me cry like a baby. movies and books have made me cry but this is the only game that's ever come close to making me shed a tear. the whole story was great but the ending especially so...

well, back to finishing persona 4, then. i hope its ending is just as good. too bad a couple of my friends accidentally spoiled a few bits and pieces, but shit, i'm still in the dark on most of it (DON'T ANY OF YOU JERKS TELL ME WHAT HAPPENS) and p3's ending would have still been just as effective if i knew some of it going in, so the same is probably true of p4's ending.

TayIor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By TayIor

I finished the game a few weeks ago, and I thoroughly enjoyed it. It was definitely worth the 70 or so hours that I spent playing it, and Nyx was great. Although the challenge factor while playing through the game was rather low; I felt as though I was underleveled most of the time. I was level 77 for Nyx, and I did have more than a few close calls near the end, with Night Queen and all. On my original file, I regret saving after all of the characters I'd maxed out with events. And then I accidentally saved over my original file, which I used to watch the ending from every now and then, because I wasn't paying attention. 
    Basically, I loved the ending a lot, even though it made me cry. Really... I didn't want the game to end. I love all of the characters... I felt like I knew them.
     I watched the entire Endurance Run that Vinny and Jeff did and I have to say I like the ending better in P3, but the story in P4 is better than P3s.

Aus_azn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Aus_azn

I was so disheartened by the ending. Considering that I finished it at 3AM while in bed and absolutely tired, it burned into my brain. It was terrifically sad, MC didn't get to conclude the reunion before dying... Having finished all of the S-Links too, it was really touching and it really did feel like I knew the characters. While I did find out about the ending way ahead of time, I didn't think it'd be as tragic as it was. 

I almost feel as if the December ending is the happier one; maybe I'm weird, I don't know.

CrackedOnyx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#8  Edited By CrackedOnyx

I enjoyed the ending.  After the fourteen-part final boss fight ("Its true arcana is Death!"  "FINALLY!"), it served as a really great reward for getting through all 80~90 hours of the game.  That being said, the very last line or two were hilariously sad.  "I will always protect you!  Wait, why aren't you breathing?"

Aegon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#9  Edited By Aegon

I just finished it yesterday and I came here to find out about the whole "you're feeling tired" thing. How do you guys know that it means you're dying? It certainly gave me an ominous feeling, but at the end it really didn't feel like he was about to die. Maybe I didn't pay attention to something Aigis said? Also, I thought the MC was supposed to be present in FES and died in that game. I don't know the details, so I'd appreciate it if someone were to fill me in.

Cube

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 5

#10  Edited By Cube

It really is a great game.

Avatar image for commodoregroovy
    CommodoreGroovy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#11  Edited By CommodoreGroovy

The MC goes into a coma and eventually dies according to the extra side story in P3: FES. So I suppose he didn't immediately die on the roof. He just went to sleep. 

FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#12  Edited By FluxWaveZ
    @CommodoreGroovy said:
    " The MC goes into a coma and eventually dies according to the extra side story in P3: FES. So I suppose he didn't immediately die on the roof. He just went to sleep.  "
    I've never heard anything about a coma. And I think it's implied, in The Journey, that he does die on the roof and does not simply fall asleep. I had thought before playing The Answer, though, that he had simply fallen asleep.
    mutha3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#13  Edited By mutha3
    @FluxWaveZ said:
    " @CommodoreGroovy said:
    " The MC goes into a coma and eventually dies according to the extra side story in P3: FES. So I suppose he didn't immediately die on the roof. He just went to sleep.  "
    I've never heard anything about a coma. And I think it's implied, in The Journey, that he does die on the roof and does not simply fall asleep. I had thought before playing The Answer, though, that he had simply fallen asleep. "
    Actually, they said it at the start of the Answer. 

I don't remember it ever turning into him outright dieing, tbh.
    FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#14  Edited By FluxWaveZ
    @mutha3 said:
    " Actually, they said it at the start of the Answer.   I don't remember it ever turning into him outright dieing, tbh. "
    I see... Heh, I must have been too stunned at the beginning of The Answer to retain that information.
    QuistisTrepe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By QuistisTrepe

Ugh. I feel like an idiot. Somehow, the idea that the MC dies completely escaped me. That would explain why they were so extremely exhausted everyday after fighting Nyx.

Aus_azn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Aus_azn

When I first saw it, I was like "Oh dear fucking god, this isn't happening, is it?" when he went up to the roof with Aigis and proceeded to "sleep" (or close his eyes or whatever). Then I found out that it was, and was sad. It's a tear jerker, more than any other game I've played.

QuistisTrepe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By QuistisTrepe

So I finally got a chance to watch The Answer ending on YouTube, I'd like to pretend that it doesn't exist. For being supposedly such a big deal for Persona fans, I never would have imagined that it was merely a shitty sci-fi cliche that carried on for a half hour. It was just completely unnecessary and painful to watch. I'll stick to P3P's ending.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.