Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 3 Portable

Game » consists of 5 releases. Released Nov 01, 2009

Persona 3 Portable is an enhanced port of Persona 3 for PSP. New features include an additional female protagonist as well as certain gameplay adjustments introduced in Persona 4.

Have I screwed myself over for the final battle?

MikeHawk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By MikeHawk

This was my first persona game and I didn't read too much into the whole fusion system. I just messed around and tried to get high level personas by triangle fusing. Now that I'm on January 8th, I decided to see what kinds of ultimate fusions I can do, and it looks like I messed many of them up by not doing every quest from Elizabeth. My main personas that I use are Surt (Ragnarok), Odin (thunder reign), Loki (bufudyne and garudyne), Melchizedek (mediarahan and physical attacks) and Raphael (buffs), all in the low to mid 60s. My party and I are all lvl 67 right now. I was planning on leveling up my party to about lvl 75 before I took on the final bosses of the game. If i just continue to level up these personae, will they be powerful enough to finish the game? If personae with certain skills are needed, which ones would be the easiest to obtain?

Avatar image for kaosangel-DELETED
    KaosAngel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By KaosAngel
    @MikeHawk: You'll be fine, Persona doesn't screw you over like that.  Just grind out and get a good mix of skills.
    SlightConfuse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By SlightConfuse

no if you are around 75 you should be fine. the finals boss weakness changes so you just have to adapt

Kiemoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

#4  Edited By Kiemoe

You'll be fine, I got the best ending and I used Surt for a lot of the heavy lifting

beforet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By beforet

I'm pretty sure I got through the entire final battle spamming Mind Charged Thunder Reigns. Took maybe ten minutes. You should be fine. If levels are your concern, then unlock Monad and grind for a half hour, you'll hit 80 in no time. Hell, if you can beat the reaper then you probably have no worries any way.

ReyGitano

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 10

#6  Edited By ReyGitano
    @MikeHawk: I tackled the final boss my first time through way under leveled. It took several hours (I had to leave the console on all night) but I did it. The next time I had a few extra levels and it went by fast. Your personas are good enough, you just need to grind. Grinding solves everything.
    MikeHawk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#7  Edited By MikeHawk
    @KaosAngel: ok good. I'm eagerly wanting to start P4 and I just wanted to get P3P out of the way first. Although I don't like grinding, it's better than not being able to beat the game at all.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.