Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Shank

Game » consists of 4 releases. Released Aug 24, 2010

A bloody tale of revenge, Shank is a 2D brawler which has players slicing, shooting, grenading and chainsawing their way through enemies.

Shank is the name of the game. More like Sh%@...

EightBitShik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 9

Edited By EightBitShik

Dear Shank

I don't really mean what I said in the title it's just we have been dating for 3 hours now and I feel that it's over. We had some good times in that three hours but you kept saying the same thing over and over again and I have to move on and see other people instead of the same four or five guys you gave me. Yes, I think you are beautiful, it's not about that at all! It's not about looks! You want to know why? an example of why I am not happy with you? I nearly fell asleep when you told me about your past and I think in a relationship you should engage me with epic story telling.... and to be honest I don't mean to be cheap but for me to take you out on a $14.99 dinner on the first date and for you to not be around in the morning really hurt me inside. I wanted to introduce you to my friend who lives in another state and maybe after a few drinks the three of us could of had a good time but since you don't know how to use the internet  you will never meet my friend but I'm sure you will somehow learn enough of the internet to sell me something down the road I am sure of it and then maybe then we can revisit our date and try and work something out. I did enjoy all the different costumes you wore and all the family members I had to fight but to be honest it felt like I was fighting children who were telling me their weakness.  Don't bother sending me an angry response Shank with excuses about you being independent and that is why you can't help yourself we both know when I was dating Castle Crashers and we were just friends that she offered everything you did but she was exciting, never boring and yes she was a bit of a ho and let me and three other friends player her and she cost far less. I guess I shoulda put a ring on it. I waited a year to be with you and I can't believe how disappointed I am not angry with you just disappointed so lets take a break.... let's see other people and maybe if you come back a year from now a little bit more mature I'll give you another go. You can't get everything right the first time so please for me work on those things and maybe we can have a future together.

Good bye Shank :( Love Shik
    EightBitShik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By EightBitShik

Dear Shank

I don't really mean what I said in the title it's just we have been dating for 3 hours now and I feel that it's over. We had some good times in that three hours but you kept saying the same thing over and over again and I have to move on and see other people instead of the same four or five guys you gave me. Yes, I think you are beautiful, it's not about that at all! It's not about looks! You want to know why? an example of why I am not happy with you? I nearly fell asleep when you told me about your past and I think in a relationship you should engage me with epic story telling.... and to be honest I don't mean to be cheap but for me to take you out on a $14.99 dinner on the first date and for you to not be around in the morning really hurt me inside. I wanted to introduce you to my friend who lives in another state and maybe after a few drinks the three of us could of had a good time but since you don't know how to use the internet  you will never meet my friend but I'm sure you will somehow learn enough of the internet to sell me something down the road I am sure of it and then maybe then we can revisit our date and try and work something out. I did enjoy all the different costumes you wore and all the family members I had to fight but to be honest it felt like I was fighting children who were telling me their weakness.  Don't bother sending me an angry response Shank with excuses about you being independent and that is why you can't help yourself we both know when I was dating Castle Crashers and we were just friends that she offered everything you did but she was exciting, never boring and yes she was a bit of a ho and let me and three other friends player her and she cost far less. I guess I shoulda put a ring on it. I waited a year to be with you and I can't believe how disappointed I am not angry with you just disappointed so lets take a break.... let's see other people and maybe if you come back a year from now a little bit more mature I'll give you another go. You can't get everything right the first time so please for me work on those things and maybe we can have a future together.

MistaSparkle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

#2  Edited By MistaSparkle

That's harsh. How's he taking it?

mnzy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By mnzy

Wall of text.

raviolisumo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#4  Edited By raviolisumo

I saw you complained about price per hour and stopped. 

Avatar image for deactivated-5b531a34b946c
    deactivated-5b531a34b946c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

"Don't bother sending me an angry response Shank with excuses about you being independent and that is why you can't help yourself we both know when I was dating Castle Crashers and we were just friends that she offered everything you did but she was exciting, never boring and yes she was a bit of a ho and let me and three other friends player her and she cost far less"

Castle Crashers was $15 when it was released and the online was downright unusable. I bought the game the day it came out and was quite done with it when they finally patched it, so I barely got to experience the co-op. On the single player side, Shank gave me more than Castle Crashers ever could.

rjaylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By rjaylee

If you actually had that high of expectations for what is essentially just a stylized basic 2D brawler, I feel terribly sorry for you. Just as a point of reference, I did buy the game and thoroughly enjoyed it enough to warrant it's cost.
    zityz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By zityz

Clever post.  I didn't play it but $15 for 3 hours is one thing. $15 for 3 hours with no other modes would be another. 

Example. Rocket Knight was worth the price because of the modes and things you could unlock. Limbo, while it was amazing however is not worth $15. In same regard, scott pilgrim was $10 and has a shit ton more replayability. 

People can make all the "cool story bro" and " you complain about money vs hours" all people want. If you enjoy tossing money out the window at games that provide nothing to go back on by all means go ahead.
    raviolisumo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By raviolisumo

I'm so sick of this dumb argument. Shitty DS games are like $25. Get some perspective. Suck it up. It's only $15 dollars for a good downloadable game. Sorry you've been spoiled on $10 games.

rjaylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By rjaylee
    @zityz:
    To be fair, I think you're right about Shank or Limbo or what not being overpriced in terms of it's feature set on paper or on first impression. But it's really hard not to make the argument that a large portion of value can be largely subjective to a person's enjoyment of the game. This also isn't even regarding the fact that some people may value their $15 differently as well depending on their economic condition or status.
    Nadafinga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#10  Edited By Nadafinga
    @EightBitShik: While I disagree with your opinion on the game, your Dear John letter is awesome.
    Jazz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 37

#11  Edited By Jazz

I agree..it looks great but the gameplay leaves a lot to be desired and i found it had very little charm to make up for it. 
    The price question is entirely subjective however...it depends what you're looking for in a game. Personally I played the demo and left it at that.

TheJasonSigler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#12  Edited By TheJasonSigler

The bigger issue here is that you think a $15 dinner date entitles you to first date sex.

Dude.

SpiralStairs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By SpiralStairs

Remember when these games used to be free on Newgrounds? Those were good times.

christ0phe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#15  Edited By christ0phe

It looked dumb and repetative

AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#16  Edited By AhmadMetallic
    @mnzy said:
    " Wall of text. "
    read it, its gonna crack you up 

BRILLIANT break-up letter ! *applause*
    scarace360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By scarace360

Well arnt you funny.

wefwefasdf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

#18  Edited By wefwefasdf

MY EYES

Dantekiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#19  Edited By Dantekiller
    @Wes899 said:
    " I saw you complained about price per hour and stopped.   
    lol true 
    rjayb89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

#20  Edited By rjayb89

No Caption Provided
    onarum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By onarum

Well, since the beginning I planned to wait out until it gets to under 10 bucks, @Wes899 said:

" I saw you complained about price per hour and stopped.  "
    I saw the lack of paragraphs and stopped.
    eliminator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 43

#22  Edited By eliminator
    @mnzy:
    x2 
    maxszy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By maxszy

Hahahaha. That was excellent man. Well said. Perhaps a block of text but it was good enough that I could get through it. Nice! :-P

fentonalpha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By fentonalpha
    @Wes899 said:
    " I'm so sick of this dumb argument. Shitty DS games are like $25. Get some perspective. Suck it up. It's only $15 dollars for a good downloadable game. Sorry you've been spoiled on $10 games. "
    No we were hit just right with $10 down-loadable games and like all normal sane thinking people we don't want to get ripped off on pricing.  
    $15 for a game that  lasts 3 hours is acceptable if its challenging enough to last 10, If it's 3 hours in one sitting it's ridiculous, even if it looks like the frickin Mona Lisa.  You're kidding yourself if you think otherwise.
    raviolisumo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By raviolisumo
    @fentonalpha said:
    " @Wes899 said:
    " I'm so sick of this dumb argument. Shitty DS games are like $25. Get some perspective. Suck it up. It's only $15 dollars for a good downloadable game. Sorry you've been spoiled on $10 games. "
    No we were hit just right with $10 down-loadable games and like all normal sane thinking people we don't want to get ripped off on pricing.   $15 for a game that  lasts 3 hours is acceptable if its challenging enough to last 10, If it's 3 hours in one sitting it's ridiculous, even if it looks like the frickin Mona Lisa.  You're kidding yourself if you think otherwise. "
    I'm not kidding myself. It's fifteen fucking dollars. That might as well be free.
    KuribosShoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#26  Edited By KuribosShoe

Scott Pilgrim was only $10!  It's really buggy and kind of boring but hey SWEET MUSIC PLUS IT'S SCOTT PILGRIM 

p.s. shank rules

HS21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By HS21

Giant Bomb needs more threads like this instead of constantly bumping that stupid fucking "How do girls think a durrrr?" thread. 

ryanwho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By ryanwho
    @mdnytecartunr said:
    " The bigger issue here is that you think a $15 dinner date entitles you to first date sex.  Dude. "
    The modern man is busy and on the move.
    EightBitShik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By EightBitShik

It is sad but at work I could read everything that written to me but I could not respond because Giantbomb does not work but I wanted to respond to everyone I could whether you are a big meanie or giving me a compliment.

First off sorry to everyone that I didn't break it up in a paragraph. I tried to go for a different look and the fact that I don't use puncuation properally as is the fact that it was that long I bet it was tedious to read. I did not think many people would see it.

@MistaSparkle:
     - I don't know if you were being mean but "She" is taking it quite well. She did tell me that she was pregant though... I don't know if that is a desperate plee to keep me or not...

@Wes899:
    - You are kind of right.. I would be glad to pay another $20 more dollars for 4 more hours of gameplay =) so my real complaint is the game was only 3 hours long I was just bitter about spending $14.99 which because of my surgery is alot of money to me right now and I wish I could of spent that on something that would of lasted me a little longer. For an example for my next surgery I'll be out of work for three weeks and I need something to pass my time, I'd be bored as shit if I just bought Shank. However, your comment on saying DS games are $25.00 and they are worse... is just plain silly I don't buy those horrible games that is like me bitching about the price of a Big Mac and you are like "OH YEAH WELL HOME DEPOTS SALES NAILS!" :) It's a good point just doesn't make sense to me... $14.99 is practically free... :( I wish that was the case for me. I'm broke as hell lately. Someone already said it but they were correct that value isn't the same for everyone.

@heatDrive88:
    How silly of me to expect good things from a game despite it's genre. I'm not mad I bought it. I'm glad to support the company and hope they come out with games that are similar I just hope they meet me half way on their next game. I am glad you were being fair though I was only slightly mad at you but now I like you again.

@zityz:
     - Thanks! If I could give you an award for the most inteligent reply you would win!

@Nadafinga:
     See folks this is a great response! Nada doesn't agree with me but can see the value of what I was trying to do. =) Though I disagree with your name being blue, I would be glad to be your friend!

@mdnytecartunr:
     LoL! Touche.... I can't even agure with that at all haha.

@Ahmad_Metallic:
    @dudeglove:
    =) Thank you I just wanted to add some humor and get some profile views.

@SpiralStairs:
     - I know what you mean! But at the same time I am glad that they are able to add more content and get paid for it to be honest. That is what I have been saying this whole time I don't really hate the game I just wish there was more to it and I truly hope they come out with more games like this.

@onarum:
    - Lessoned learned sorry :( :(

EightBitShik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By EightBitShik
    @fentonalpha:   

Seriously, I miss the $10.00 days I feel like an old grand pa saying that but it was only last year!! Think of it this way folks You buy two games at $30 now but last year it was 3 games Dun dun duuuuuuhhhh! Some games are worth it though. I didn't think Limbo was bad and my gf play the hell out of it so $15.00 was okay for me. I play the hell out of Hydro thunder and I'm okay with paying $15.00 but Shank.... I'm done with it I got nothing... I can't even trade it in for $4.00 at a videogame store... I'm stuck with it lol.

All in all I wrote this for fun. Thank you everyone for your feedback. 

AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#31  Edited By AhmadMetallic
    @onarum said:
    " Well, since the beginning I planned to wait out until it gets to under 10 bucks, @Wes899 said:
    " I saw you complained about price per hour and stopped.  "
    I saw the lack of paragraphs and stopped. "
    actually the lack of paragraphs is perfect for the way this duder is breaking up with the game 
    u should definitely read it
    Avatar image for thecreamfilling
    TheCreamFilling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By TheCreamFilling

Brilliant!

audiosnag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By audiosnag

Regardless of whether i agree or not..well done sir.
    Quite entertaining.

Mstokely

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Mstokely

This has been the most enjoyable review I've read on Giant Bomb.  Thanks, EightBitShik!!  

Merideath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Merideath

Yeah it's crazy! I go to sleep and he beats the game by the time I wake up... he sucks at games too.

iSylence

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By iSylence

Lol that was awesome :)

napalm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By napalm
    @Wes899 said:
    I love you, bro!
    Avatar image for boom_goes_the_dynamite
    Boom_goes_the_dynamite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I haven't played Shank, so I can't wade in whether I agree with you on that front or not; however, this was an entertaining as hell read, I thank you for that.

DrPockets000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By DrPockets000

Very creative, but I completely disagree.

JJWeatherman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 18

#40  Edited By JJWeatherman

Oh my god this is amazing.

MeierTheRed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By MeierTheRed

Had to force my self through the demo, so i'm happy i didn't buy it.

HaniBall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By HaniBall

Castle Crashers combat is based around stats, not skill. An entirely different breed of game.
    Of course that means in Shank there is repetition. So you can, like, you know, get better at it and stuff.  
    If you play Shank for what it was made for, hard mode, and really take the time to learn it,  it's 10x as rewarding as mashing buttons and leveling up.  

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.