Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Shaman

Concept »

Shaman are mediums between the mortal and spiritual realms. In games, they are often priests with the ability to heal via magic and crafted potions.

4.0.1 sucking me back in...

pureguava

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

Edited By pureguava

...again. Time to neglect more great games just so I can start to re-feed my World of Warcraft addiction. I started playing w/ my daughter some time ago, and so it has kind of revived the game for me. Having a duo buddy there ready to go at any time is awesome, even if said duo buddy is in training. She's a quick learner though.

I am excited about the new changes. I don't raid really, I am a pretty casual player but I have been playing off and on since the games launch.  That being said, my favorite class, the Shaman, got some really cool changes. I played enhance on my previous Shaman on Horde, and me and the kid decided to roll Alliance this time around - and of course I love the Shaman so much I started another. This time starting out elemental, which Blizzard has made extremely viable at early levels. I am an AOE/nuking machine with an overabundance of mana. Shhh don't tell them. It's freaking great! I was farming level 19 elites last night, and I am level 21. I am talking with little to no downtime. I couldn't make the blue bar go down. I stacked up the spirit for the new "attack power" increase from that talent and I am having a blast.

We'll see how long it lasts, because if you know me, I am the most erratic and random WoW player probably, well, ever.

Pure

pureguava

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By pureguava

...again. Time to neglect more great games just so I can start to re-feed my World of Warcraft addiction. I started playing w/ my daughter some time ago, and so it has kind of revived the game for me. Having a duo buddy there ready to go at any time is awesome, even if said duo buddy is in training. She's a quick learner though.

I am excited about the new changes. I don't raid really, I am a pretty casual player but I have been playing off and on since the games launch.  That being said, my favorite class, the Shaman, got some really cool changes. I played enhance on my previous Shaman on Horde, and me and the kid decided to roll Alliance this time around - and of course I love the Shaman so much I started another. This time starting out elemental, which Blizzard has made extremely viable at early levels. I am an AOE/nuking machine with an overabundance of mana. Shhh don't tell them. It's freaking great! I was farming level 19 elites last night, and I am level 21. I am talking with little to no downtime. I couldn't make the blue bar go down. I stacked up the spirit for the new "attack power" increase from that talent and I am having a blast.

We'll see how long it lasts, because if you know me, I am the most erratic and random WoW player probably, well, ever.

Pure

wunder_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 11

#2  Edited By wunder_

Glad to see you start up again -- Cataclysm and 4.0.1/.3 will be definitely the best time to hit the ground running as all your vanilla troubles of levelling will be washed away and replaced with a brand-spankin'-new talent tree as well as revamped quests. Mmm, I can't wait to reroll some classes.

Zithe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By Zithe
    @Wunder_ said:
    " Glad to see you start up again -- Cataclysm and 4.0.1/.3 will be definitely the best time to hit the ground running as all your vanilla troubles of levelling will be washed away and replaced with a brand-spankin'-new talent tree as well as revamped quests. Mmm, I can't wait to reroll some classes. "
    I'm really looking forward to getting a potential game changing ability at level 10, but being stuck in that tree until you max it out is a pretty big bummer. They should point newbies in the right direction without forcing every player to stick to one tree.
    asurastrike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#4  Edited By asurastrike

I just got to the point on my warrior where I have to start raiding to get better gear, so I canceled my account. Maybe Cataclysm will bring me back in, probably not.

wunder_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By wunder_
    @Zithe:  Nah, I think it's a really good choice, because to be perfectly honest, at 85, you're only going to have enough points to reach the 2nd tier on another tree anyway, so being able to diversify isn't going to help that much anyways, since at best it'll give you 4% crit chance to something. Going further down the tree is usually a much better decision pre-4.0 and post-4.0 anyway
    Zithe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Zithe
    @Wunder_ said:
    " you're only going to have enough points to reach the 2nd tier on another tree anyway "
    That's assuming I plan to go all the way to the bottom of a tree, which, granted, will probably be the case but I still think it's a rather pointless restriction to include. It's just to streamline it so that people can't throw points around all willy-nilly and make an inefficient character.
    wunder_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By wunder_
    @Zithe:  Very true, I guess I'm just stuck in the mindset of an elitist raider :p I didn't see the reason why you'd want to make an sub-optimal character, but I didn't see the simple reason that, maybe, you just wanted to have that freedom. Apologies! However, Blizzard has managed to make it very appealing to most new people that their 31-point talent is delicious and fun.
    Nasos100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#8  Edited By Nasos100

oh man game time ended 1 day before the patch. I am going to get back soon, rerolling as Horde

Zithe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Zithe
    @Wunder_:  I agree, and perhaps this issue will never come up, but the way I see it, it only takes one hybrid build that could potentially work in PvP or whatever for the system to have failed. Freedom is just always the way to go in my book.
    Gizmo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#10  Edited By Gizmo

The mio@Asurastrike said:

" I just got to the point on my warrior where I have to start raiding to get better gear, so I canceled my account. Maybe Cataclysm will bring me back in, probably not. "
    Yeah, it was the same for me too. The moment I had to start raiding in WoW was when I just said "fuck this".
    pureguava

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By pureguava
    @Nasos100:  Hurry up - changes are pretty cool (in my opinion!)
    pureguava

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By pureguava
    @Zithe said:
    " @Wunder_:  I agree, and perhaps this issue will never come up, but the way I see it, it only takes one hybrid build that could potentially work in PvP or whatever for the system to have failed. Freedom is just always the way to go in my book. "
    I mean - I rarely ran into any "noobs" that didn't want to go directly for the bottom of the tree for their uber talent. Was this really a problem? I mean, were there people that actually tried to go a 1/3 into each tree? hehe

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.