Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Shadow Warrior

Game » consists of 5 releases. Released May 13, 1997

Only one man can stop an evil corporation from taking over all of Japan with an army of demons. He is the insatiable Shadow Warrior. He is Lo Wang.

So this may sound dumb but..

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

#1  Edited By musubi

...being someone who never did get around to playing this back in the day I'm confused as to where to start. When you click new game it has two options what are the differences here? Any of you shadow warrior vets can help me out? @shagge

JazGalaxy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

If I'm seeing what you're looking at correctly from a video on youtube, one version represents the levels that were distributed as shareware adn the other represents the levels that were packaged with the full game.

Back in the day, Wolfenstein, Doom, etc., where distributed as shareware. The first mission was typically given away and the rest of the levels could be purchased.

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

@jazgalaxy: Oh, I get the share ware business but but both options start you at entirely different levels.

zeforgotten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

First option should be just the normal game and the second option is like extra levels.

JazGalaxy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

Well, the first option is the shareware mission. The second option is the unlocked full game mission. Wolfenstein had like 8 or something. Doom had 3. Quake had 4. Etc.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.