Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Santa Claus

Character » appears in 102 games

A mythical elderly North Pole resident that is said to deliver presents worldwide on Christmas Eve.

Christmas Letter 2008

Jensonb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 8

Edited By Jensonb

Oh, I guess it's that time of year again.

You probably think I mean Christmas, but in fact you are but half-correct, half I say! I am referring to the (As of this year) annual custom where I waste the time of my friends and family with a pointlessly and arguably too-long letter reflecting on the past year, which this year means we have a lot to cover, and with any luck we'll get some hilarious snarky comments in along the way. This year, I have opted to inflict it also upon the Giant Bomb Community. You're welcome.

Ah, but what is it about this year that is most memorable? After all, so much has hap...Yeah, alright, the economy went down the proverbial crapper, nay the literary crapper. And that's kind of a bummer. Money's, like, useful. It can be exchanged for goods and services. And I don't know about you, but I for one like goods and services. They're great! But you know...Whatever. There's more than one way to have a party!

Ignoring the fact that I had no idea where I was going with that metaphor when I wrote it, I shall move onto some good news. Bush is gone in a month. Obama is in in a month. For us Brits, that means we can finally stop hating the country which gives us such wonderful gifts as The Simpsons, Heroes, The Killers and Katy Perry.

Oh hey, speaking of music, Axl Rose (We get it Axl, it's an anagram of an impure act. It's not funny any more dude, get a real name) finally got around to releasing his album "Chinese Democracy", the most expensive and also inappropriately attributed album ever recorded. I mean, honestly, "Guns 'n' Roses"? There's more members of Guns 'n' Roses in Velvet Revolver! Perhaps Mr. Rose has difficulty moving on. So while your enjoying your wonderful Christmas, shed a tear for a washed-up old rock star whose latest record is rubbish and who can't seem to move on I mean seriously what the hell get over it.

Ahem. Got a bit carried away there. Anywho, in other entertainment news, The Dark Knight came out, meaning we have been given something unheard of since before Tim Burton got kicked off the project: A good Batman sequel. If you don't know what I'm getting at, go watch Batman & Robin, a movie so bad its star will personally reimburse you the cost of admission on request.

So I guess, actually, don't watch it.

Now then, let us not forget that we almost did not get to see this Christmas. It seems a group of friendly nutcases near Geneva decided to build and activate the first Halo ri...I mean, the Large Hadron Collider. A device with potentially catastrophic consequences. Yes, our friends in Switzerland chose to risk sucking us all into a Black Hole. But the risk of being condensed to a singularity isn't even the worst bit. We'd have had to die in Switzerland...That's so boring! They're neutrals! It's neither a hateable place or one you'd love! Never mind though, because we seem to have escaped the worst of it.

Huzzah!

In fact, some people are trying to save the world to make up for it! That and, you know, white liberal guilt. Yes, Bill Gates has decided to dedicate himself to philanthropy. Damn does that man want a Nobel or what? Well whatever, good luck to him. Lot these days makes you think the world's headed downhill, good work should be applauded. So, uh, yeah. Woo for the world's charity even in what's tastefully not being called a Depression.

But it is.

But we don't call it that.

Cos it seems less dramatic if we call it a "Crunch".

Or a "downturn".

It's like how we don't call it Global Warming or the Melting of the Polar Ice Caps, we call it "Climate Change".

But I digress. Man has it been a fast year or what? I swear it was only a matter of weeks ago I was gearing up for GCSE exams, and yet it was many months ago. I've long since passed and joined the madhouse that is Sixth Form and yet, it still seems like no time has passed at all. Nevertheless, so much has happened it's hard to remember most of it.

Hmm...Oh, I got a Mac. Which is nice...Let's see...Important things we haven't covered yet...Um...I hear Canadia has had its government shut down by their Prime Minister. Something about protecting his job and right-wing policies from the left-wing will of the people. So, uh, sucks to be them I s'pose...Oh, speaking of Governance, Mr. Brown saw fit to drop our VAT! Yes, I know it's only till the end of 2009, still nice though. Bloody Tories inflated it so much. Honestly. Anywho, props to Mr. Brown for that. He is good godammit. Stop reading the Red Tops! These are the same journalists who tell you which public figure is involved in which sex scandal!

I mean, what the heck kind of political knowledge can they have if that is what became of their lives.

Oh, hang on though, speaking of sex scandals, Screws of the World totally got Max Mosley. Couldn't have happened to a nicer bloke.

Hmm, I was just looking over the list of Christmas Number One contenders...I mean...Wow. It's like actual musicians don't even I want to beat X Factor phonies any more. Where are the proper Christmas-themed songs? I mean, there's a few there, but they're mostly covers and/or likely to be the same dreary pseudo-joyous "Christmas" junk we've had to make do with for nearly two decades now!

Someone release a new Merry  Xmas Everybody, please! A proper, 21st Century Christmas rocker.

And while we're at it, let's get rid of the X Factor. The era of manufactured music must end! Open your ey...EARS people!

Erm, excuse me. Got a bit carried away there. So, what will the new year bring us? Well, if I knew that, I would be aiming to make a killing at the Bookies and on the Stock Market (They're having their 35 Years-ly Blowout Sale by the way!). So since I have no idea, I can but guess...Let's see...Predictions and aims for the new year...2009...Two Thousand and Nine...Hmmm...

Sky will stay blue; music will continue to dominate culture; the economy will finally begin to rebound; summer will be hot; spring will suck just as much as ever and someone, somewhere, will be inappropriately offended by something they know was not meant in that way - they will proceed to destroy someone's career over it despite being aware they meant and caused no actual harm.

Yeah, I guess most of those are cop outs, the summer one's just wishful thinking. Yes, you read that right. So then, aims...

Hmm...Seems like I should be more decisive and also stop, you know, thinking in text...I mean, it's text. If I need to think of something why don't I just stop writing until I have? I mean, the way I'm doing it's just weird, right? Well, anyway, those and probably something about expressing love. That sort of thing always goes down well. So, yeah. Hmm, actually that reminds me of something...

Yes, I've checked. Mistletoe's white things are, indeed, berries. Also it's a poisonous parasite.

We humans chose some odd symbols for love.

Anyway, I've kept you long enough. Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year everyone!

Yours,

Jensonb

PS: I just noticed this letter's almost twice as long as the first one.

PPS: I want to make it clear, that I think that is all the way awesome.

PPPS: So there.

Jensonb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 8

#1  Edited By Jensonb

Oh, I guess it's that time of year again.

You probably think I mean Christmas, but in fact you are but half-correct, half I say! I am referring to the (As of this year) annual custom where I waste the time of my friends and family with a pointlessly and arguably too-long letter reflecting on the past year, which this year means we have a lot to cover, and with any luck we'll get some hilarious snarky comments in along the way. This year, I have opted to inflict it also upon the Giant Bomb Community. You're welcome.

Ah, but what is it about this year that is most memorable? After all, so much has hap...Yeah, alright, the economy went down the proverbial crapper, nay the literary crapper. And that's kind of a bummer. Money's, like, useful. It can be exchanged for goods and services. And I don't know about you, but I for one like goods and services. They're great! But you know...Whatever. There's more than one way to have a party!

Ignoring the fact that I had no idea where I was going with that metaphor when I wrote it, I shall move onto some good news. Bush is gone in a month. Obama is in in a month. For us Brits, that means we can finally stop hating the country which gives us such wonderful gifts as The Simpsons, Heroes, The Killers and Katy Perry.

Oh hey, speaking of music, Axl Rose (We get it Axl, it's an anagram of an impure act. It's not funny any more dude, get a real name) finally got around to releasing his album "Chinese Democracy", the most expensive and also inappropriately attributed album ever recorded. I mean, honestly, "Guns 'n' Roses"? There's more members of Guns 'n' Roses in Velvet Revolver! Perhaps Mr. Rose has difficulty moving on. So while your enjoying your wonderful Christmas, shed a tear for a washed-up old rock star whose latest record is rubbish and who can't seem to move on I mean seriously what the hell get over it.

Ahem. Got a bit carried away there. Anywho, in other entertainment news, The Dark Knight came out, meaning we have been given something unheard of since before Tim Burton got kicked off the project: A good Batman sequel. If you don't know what I'm getting at, go watch Batman & Robin, a movie so bad its star will personally reimburse you the cost of admission on request.

So I guess, actually, don't watch it.

Now then, let us not forget that we almost did not get to see this Christmas. It seems a group of friendly nutcases near Geneva decided to build and activate the first Halo ri...I mean, the Large Hadron Collider. A device with potentially catastrophic consequences. Yes, our friends in Switzerland chose to risk sucking us all into a Black Hole. But the risk of being condensed to a singularity isn't even the worst bit. We'd have had to die in Switzerland...That's so boring! They're neutrals! It's neither a hateable place or one you'd love! Never mind though, because we seem to have escaped the worst of it.

Huzzah!

In fact, some people are trying to save the world to make up for it! That and, you know, white liberal guilt. Yes, Bill Gates has decided to dedicate himself to philanthropy. Damn does that man want a Nobel or what? Well whatever, good luck to him. Lot these days makes you think the world's headed downhill, good work should be applauded. So, uh, yeah. Woo for the world's charity even in what's tastefully not being called a Depression.

But it is.

But we don't call it that.

Cos it seems less dramatic if we call it a "Crunch".

Or a "downturn".

It's like how we don't call it Global Warming or the Melting of the Polar Ice Caps, we call it "Climate Change".

But I digress. Man has it been a fast year or what? I swear it was only a matter of weeks ago I was gearing up for GCSE exams, and yet it was many months ago. I've long since passed and joined the madhouse that is Sixth Form and yet, it still seems like no time has passed at all. Nevertheless, so much has happened it's hard to remember most of it.

Hmm...Oh, I got a Mac. Which is nice...Let's see...Important things we haven't covered yet...Um...I hear Canadia has had its government shut down by their Prime Minister. Something about protecting his job and right-wing policies from the left-wing will of the people. So, uh, sucks to be them I s'pose...Oh, speaking of Governance, Mr. Brown saw fit to drop our VAT! Yes, I know it's only till the end of 2009, still nice though. Bloody Tories inflated it so much. Honestly. Anywho, props to Mr. Brown for that. He is good godammit. Stop reading the Red Tops! These are the same journalists who tell you which public figure is involved in which sex scandal!

I mean, what the heck kind of political knowledge can they have if that is what became of their lives.

Oh, hang on though, speaking of sex scandals, Screws of the World totally got Max Mosley. Couldn't have happened to a nicer bloke.

Hmm, I was just looking over the list of Christmas Number One contenders...I mean...Wow. It's like actual musicians don't even I want to beat X Factor phonies any more. Where are the proper Christmas-themed songs? I mean, there's a few there, but they're mostly covers and/or likely to be the same dreary pseudo-joyous "Christmas" junk we've had to make do with for nearly two decades now!

Someone release a new Merry  Xmas Everybody, please! A proper, 21st Century Christmas rocker.

And while we're at it, let's get rid of the X Factor. The era of manufactured music must end! Open your ey...EARS people!

Erm, excuse me. Got a bit carried away there. So, what will the new year bring us? Well, if I knew that, I would be aiming to make a killing at the Bookies and on the Stock Market (They're having their 35 Years-ly Blowout Sale by the way!). So since I have no idea, I can but guess...Let's see...Predictions and aims for the new year...2009...Two Thousand and Nine...Hmmm...

Sky will stay blue; music will continue to dominate culture; the economy will finally begin to rebound; summer will be hot; spring will suck just as much as ever and someone, somewhere, will be inappropriately offended by something they know was not meant in that way - they will proceed to destroy someone's career over it despite being aware they meant and caused no actual harm.

Yeah, I guess most of those are cop outs, the summer one's just wishful thinking. Yes, you read that right. So then, aims...

Hmm...Seems like I should be more decisive and also stop, you know, thinking in text...I mean, it's text. If I need to think of something why don't I just stop writing until I have? I mean, the way I'm doing it's just weird, right? Well, anyway, those and probably something about expressing love. That sort of thing always goes down well. So, yeah. Hmm, actually that reminds me of something...

Yes, I've checked. Mistletoe's white things are, indeed, berries. Also it's a poisonous parasite.

We humans chose some odd symbols for love.

Anyway, I've kept you long enough. Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year everyone!

Yours,

Jensonb

PS: I just noticed this letter's almost twice as long as the first one.

PPS: I want to make it clear, that I think that is all the way awesome.

PPPS: So there.

Rowr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By Rowr

Nice wrap up of some of the important events of the year.

brukaoru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By brukaoru
    "It's like how we don't call it Global Warming or the Melting of the Polar Ice Caps, we call it "Climate Change".

Yeah, they want start calling it "climate change" because people don't understand that Global Warming also means it will be unnaturally cold at some areas. 

Merry Christmas Jenson!

thordain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

#4  Edited By thordain

eh, mine is short, sweet and to the point

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.