Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Samurai Warriors 3

Game » consists of 4 releases. Released Dec 03, 2009

Players once again take part in a romanticized version of the Japanese Sengoku era, hacking and slashing their way through scores of enemies, in the first mainline Warriors game to be released for the Wii.

Samurai Warriors 3 getting Wii expansion, PS3 port.

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

#1  Edited By Hailinel

It was recently revealed that Koei is working on more Samurai Warriors 3 content.  The Wii game will be getting an Xtreme Legends expansion with new modes and playable characters.  The PS3 will be getting Samurai Warriors 3Z, which will be upscaled to HD and run at 60fps.  3Z will also include most of the content from Samurai Warriors 3 and Xtreme Legends, but will notably not include the Murasame Castle mode.

It's worth noting that a PS3 "Z" compilation of Warriors Orochi 1&2 was produced, but Koei elected not to release it outside of Japan.  Further, Nintendo had to take the initiative on Samurai Warriors 3 by performing the game's North American publishing duties.  No word on when, if or how either game will be coming to the west.

Emilio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

#2  Edited By Emilio
    @Hailinel:  
    So any updates?
    Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

#3  Edited By Hailinel
    @Emilio said:
    " @Hailinel:  So any updates? "
    Nope.  Haven't heard anything new.
    PufferFiz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 6

#4  Edited By PufferFiz

I am buying the ps3 version next month. I'll tell you how it is.

iqed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By iqed
    @PufferFiz:  Did you end up buying it?  If so how hard would you say it is to follow without being able to understand Japanese? I've been considering importing it cause I've got some serious doubts it'll ever see a proper western PS3 release.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.