Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Saints Row IV

Game » consists of 14 releases. Released Aug 20, 2013

When invading aliens capture the Saints and imprison their minds in a digital recreation of Steelport, it's up to the Boss (who by now has become the President of the United States) to free Earth from its oppressive new overlords.

Your favorite Saints Row IV moments/missions [SPOILERS]

• 90 results
    Nictel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

The end of the credits. Last time I watch any Volition credits until the end :P

noblenerf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#52  Edited By noblenerf

Johnny Gat's nightmare was something I never expected to see. It even transitioned my character! Incredible.

The loyalty mission for Gat is really fun as well, if only for some of the character moments it has. Genki gameplay is so boring.

Avatar image for ghost_of_perdition
    Ghost_of_Perdition

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

So many great moments. Aerosmith playing in the opening sequence, the jolly stroll in the 50s, Asha's loyalty mission (this snake is solid!), the evil version of my boss lady, Saints of Rage, all the romance sequences, potty mouth CID, catching up with Gat in the Genki stuff. Oh, and that dubstep gun.

Singing with Pierce has to be my favorite moment of any loyalty mission. It was about 2 am when I yelled out ZINYAK RUINED IT just seconds before they say "he ruined Biz Markie". And there's still so much more. I might just start with another character tonight.

Avatar image for deactivated-63da6af5022c5
    deactivated-63da6af5022c5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The opening mission, 50's, Matt's loyalty mission and (I'm surprised no one mentioned this yet) FUKFUKFUKFUKFUKFUKFUKFUKFUKFUKFUKFUKFUKFUK

Edit: God damn it, there are so many that come to mind now. The 'moral decisions' in the beginning were so gooooood.

delorean99947

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By delorean99947

The mission where you save Ben King. Saints Row 1 was one of the first next gen games I played back in 2006 and the whole Ben King mission was a huge throwback. Also the part where the Saints Row 1 main menu popped up. The mission with Keith David and Roddy Pipper was also pretty amazing.

RuthLoose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#56  Edited By RuthLoose

For me it was the "side scrolling beat 'em up levels to free Johnny Gat. It was the perfect callback to Final Fight and Streets of Rage with just enough voice sample distortion. Utterly brilliant way to reunite with an old friend. I enjoyed the subtle fact that this mission maintained your outfit from the campaign. I came in dressed in a karate gi and it made it feel even more like a ROM hack Double Dragon.

SEGA! Yes, you. Please give Volition a chance to work on a beat 'em up. Original IP or something new. That would make me a very happy camper.

Loading Video...

cloudnineboya

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Now we have two lights and two guards. saints of rage. duet . roddy piper,shit the list goes on.

jiggajoe14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

Loading Video...

:( Michael Clarke Duncan

Avatar image for mariachimacabre
    MariachiMacabre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

For me it was the "side scrolling beat 'em up levels to free Johnny Gat. It was the perfect callback to Final Fight and Streets of Rage with just enough voice sample distortion. Utterly brilliant way to reunite with an old friend. I enjoyed the subtle fact that this mission maintained your outfit from the campaign. I came in dressed in a karate gi and it made it feel even more like a ROM hack Double Dragon.

SEGA! Yes, you. Please give Volition a chance to work on a beat 'em up. Original IP or something new. That would make me a very happy camper.

Loading Video...

I had that same gi but I also had an Eagle head. I think that plus, the dragon sleeve tattoo really brough that outfit together nicely.

stonyman65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

• Peirce's Saints Flow and loyalty mission (probably the best part of the game)
    • The nuke
    • Aisha's rescue mission (the Metal Gear stuff was fantastic, and the "Two weeks from retirement" and "Ahh famous movie quote" lines almost made me fall out of my chair)
    • Shaundi's loyalty mission
    • Everything with Keith David
    • CID wanting a date with Kinzie/Shaundi
    • Everything in the 50's
    jdh5153

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The moment I took it back to RedBox.

Capum15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

And agreed, fully-upgraded Industrial Dubstep is -the- best gun. It's like a rapid-fire rocket launcher of bass.

You are a good person.

I also managed to get the Tiny Pistol / Loud Locust after seeing an Achievement Hunter video on it. It's dumb, only has like four shots before it needs to recharge, but it's pretty great.

I wish weapon upgrades weren't so insanely costly (I basically had one set of weapons throughout the entire game). I started a second run with cheats just so I could buy all the upgrades to fuck around with all the guns at max power. I still haven't used the Black Hole Launcher outside of the Mayhem activity, or the Inflato-Ray, Abduction Gun, and a few others. But then again, you don't really need anything else with the Maximum amount of Dubstep available.

MikeLemmer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

@capum15 said:

@mikelemmer said:

And agreed, fully-upgraded Industrial Dubstep is -the- best gun. It's like a rapid-fire rocket launcher of bass.

You are a good person.

I also managed to get the Tiny Pistol / Loud Locust after seeing an Achievement Hunter video on it. It's dumb, only has like four shots before it needs to recharge, but it's pretty great.

I wish weapon upgrades weren't so insanely costly (I basically had one set of weapons throughout the entire game). I started a second run with cheats just so I could buy all the upgrades to fuck around with all the guns at max power. I still haven't used the Black Hole Launcher outside of the Mayhem activity, or the Inflato-Ray, Abduction Gun, and a few others. But then again, you don't really need anything else with the Maximum amount of Dubstep available.

The Black Hole launcher is great when you need to launch explosives fast. The Dubstep Gun has an insane charge-up time. Abduction Gun is also good against the rolling enemies, Inflato-Ray seems more funny than effective (I'd rather use the Bounce Rifle).

Capum15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By Capum15

@mikelemmer: Oh man I never even thought of using the abduction gun for those roller guys. Probably my most hated enemies in the game. Granted with a fully upgraded Dubstep Gun, they aren't that bad to deal with. I seriously used that thing for like, 80% of gun combat. Infinite special ammo made that the best thing ever.

Anyway, on this run I'm definitely going to try out all of the weapons available. I even upgraded the stun gun to full. I love the second skins' description for it. "If you're actually using this, we salute you." or something similar to that.

MikeLemmer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

@capum15 said:

@mikelemmer: Oh man I never even thought of using the abduction gun for those roller guys. Probably my most hated enemies in the game. Granted with a fully upgraded Dubstep Gun, they aren't that bad to deal with. I seriously used that thing for like, 80% of gun combat. Infinite special ammo made that the best thing ever.

Anyway, on this run I'm definitely going to try out all of the weapons available. I even upgraded the stun gun to full. I love the second skins' description for it. "If you're actually using this, we salute you." or something similar to that.

Haven't tested out the Abduction Gun on the roller guys yet, but I read that hint on a forum. It makes sense, just haven't tried it yet. But yes, I was overjoyed to learn the Dubstep Gun isn't just a fun gun, but a legitimately useful one too. Now if only the Inflato-Ray was more useful...

gaminghooligan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 1

#66  Edited By gaminghooligan
    • Matt's Loyalty Mission
    • All things involving Zinyak
    • Paul
    • Gat during the Dance Off
    • The constant reminder that Keith David was Julius

Is there anyway to go back into the 50's area with the powers and weapons post game? I didn't see anyway to get there, but I really want some of those cars and to rain fire down on those Leave it to Beaver fucks.

Capum15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By Capum15

@mikelemmer: Yeah, the Inflato-Ray would seem to be more of a novelty weapon (though I haven't unlocked it yet in this run). An AoE "ultimate upgrade" would make it pretty cool. Most of the rest of the weapons seem to be actually useful, which is awesome. Though 'Merica takes quite a lot of ammo until you get infinite.

Edit:

Is there anyway to go back into the 50's area with the powers and weapons post game? I didn't see anyway to get there, but I really want some of those cars and to rain fire down on those Leave it to Beaver fucks.

Oh man, that would be pretty awesome if there was a way to do that.

Iodine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

• Matt's Loyalty Mission
    • Paul

How do you know it's name is Paul?

Elwoodan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#69  Edited By Elwoodan

The romance system in general but specifically Keith's 'you lead the free world, I've conquered hollywood' bit. The announcers during the Genki telekinesis missions were also great. And finally, hearing Michael Clark Duncan in the end credits, he was an awesome dude.

blueinferno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#70  Edited By blueinferno

Saints of Rage was my favourite moment. I would totally be down for an entire side scrolling beat 'em up Saints Row game.

And Asha's loyalty mission was hilarious as well. I failed because I didn't shoot out a light before taking out a guard, so dumb but so funny.

Iodine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@elwoodan said:

The romance system in general but specifically Keith's 'you lead the free world, I've conquered hollywood' bit. The announcers during the Genki telekinesis missions were also great. And finally, hearing Michael Clark Duncan in the end credits, he was an awesome dude.

That part made me think of Ryan, so yeah, cried like a bitch

joshth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Troy baker singing opposites attract with Pierce in the car, followed closely by getting the power armor at the very end while "You Got the Touch" plays.

MC_Hify

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

"This guy named Dex stopped by but I didn't recognize him so I sent him away"

"And that my friends is how I first met the Saints."

armaan8014

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 17

I want this game ;_; Gotta wait a little bit tho

fobwashed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 16

#75  Edited By fobwashed

I felt pretty pumped having loved the original Transformers: The Movie cartoon when they started playing "The Touch" at the end. I sorta lost my shit when they started having the Prime/Megatron conversation

Boss: One shall stand, and one shall fall.

Zinyak: Why throw away your life so recklessly, Saint?

Boss: That's a question you should ask yourself.

I honestly would not have been surprised if sometime during the fight with Zinyak, Hot Rod jumped in and fucked things up for me.

supermonkey122

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#76  Edited By supermonkey122

The 2 Shaundis meeting. Made me go "OH SHIIIIIT!!!!"

The dance party

The whole crew singing Just A Friend during the credits

spankingaddict

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 12

Saints of Rage

turboman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

User Lists: 11

"Nobody calls Roddy for help.... he shows up where he's needed most."

meaninoflife42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Keith David taking a jab at Dead Island was pretty funny.

Nictel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#80  Edited By Nictel

• Matt's Loyalty Mission
    • Paul

Not really but after you finish the game you can throw a '50's style filter' over the game which is the closest thing. You don't get the awesome walk though :-(

KillEm_Dafoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 6

#81  Edited By KillEm_Dafoe

The game is bursting at the seams with great, hilarious moments. The two that stood out for me the most were Johnny's and Keith David's rescue missions. The moment "Saints of Rage" came on I lit up with glee. The horribly compressed dialogue...oh man, that was wonderful. Obviously Gat's cutscene when you finally find him is badass, as well. So happy they brought him back. And then chasing down Keith David in his nightmare only to find him and Roddy Piper fighting in the alley, and then you team up with Roddy to go after Keith while Roddy speaks as if he knows everything that is going on, and then the end of the mission where Keith David says "You don't call on Roddy...he shows up where he's needed most" while looking to the sky...holy fuck, that was so amazing! Those two missions had me laughing so hard I had to put down my controller.

This is, by a wide margin, the absolute funniest game ever made. For as absurdly stupid as it is, the writing is razor sharp and the timing on all of the gags and the use of music is perfect. I can't recall a single joke that didn't land.

I really liked the Chronicles of Riddick reference at the end, too. Whether referring to it as a 'classic' was sincere or not, I really appreciated it.

SeanCoughing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I found Asha's loyalty mission the funniest particularly a guard saying "can't wait for that sandwich, cmon lunchtime".

BoOzak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83  Edited By BoOzak

I enjoyed Shaundi's loyalty mission quite a bit. Probably because I just played through Saints Row 2 prior to 4 and i'm glad they acknowledged that they basicly changed who she was and actually justified it in a really cool way. And having unlimited superpowers while on alien drugs was pretty awesome.

Other than that.

• The 50's 'personal hell' sequence.
    • Gats sidescrolling sequence.
    • They Live! sequence.
    • "This is power armour..." sequence.

But the thing I think I enjoyed most about Saints Row 4 is that it felt like it had more of a personality than 3. The way they fleshed out the characters and gave them ME/DA style conversations while in your party was really cool and helped give a sense of camaraderie between your crew that I didnt really feel in prior games. I did miss the rags to riches progression of 1&2. Mainly because taking over territories, gaining new cribs etc. felt more climatic in those games but considering this is all meant to be part of the same saga it wouldnt make sense to have that style of progression in this game.

Anyway, looking forward to whatever Volition does next. (After and including "Enter the Dominatrix")

cloudnineboya

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

cheats like proper cheats!

TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

I forgot about this by the end, but the things Kinzie types during the Matt Miller rescue mission are great. Second thing she tries is "noclip" and at one point she types "order 66" and everything dies.

Iodine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So after my second playthrough, Finding the actual power armor still is amazing

Nekroskop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

They Live, the Saints or Rage sidescroller and the 50s sitcom reality

To be honest I'm a bit disappointed in the game. It would have been better to release it as a $40 expansion pack.(not lazy 00s DLC crap, but an actual expansion like Broodwars)

6/10(on a non-inflated review score scale)

Mike76x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Loading Video...

One shall stand...one shall fall.

OneManX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 6

Pretty much every set piece... I love this God damn game, all throughout the final mission and moments (Keith David and Kinzie's loyalty missions) I just had the biggest smile on my face the entire time. The dance sequence and the ending credits just the cherry on top...

Saints Row IV, yall... Holy shit.

Ben_H

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90 Ben_H  Online

The entire Mix channel basically could have been taking from about 3-4 of my Rdio playlists. All of the hip hop/rap (and I mean ALL OF IT) is on one of my old playlists, and all the 80s stuff is on another. The only stuff I don't have is "Song 2" and stupid Aerosmith.

Basically this game was made for me.

I ended up just looping "What is Love" by making a one-song playlist. It worked out well.

MjHealy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 15

My FAVOURITE part was when I was looking at the playlist and said "Oh Biz Markie's Just A Friend, I love that song!". And they just it so well.

Also: "Hello there, I'm Roddy Piper." " Hi Roddy, I'm the President of the United States".

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.