Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Rock Band 4

Game » consists of 2 releases. Released Oct 06, 2015

An installment of the band-focused rhythm game for the Xbox One and PlayStation 4. Focusing on the core vocals, drums, guitar, and bass instruments, Rock Band 4 offers a new set of on-disc songs while supporting players' existing DLC libraries.

How well does this play now?

Avatar image for deactivated-5e6e407163fd7
    deactivated-5e6e407163fd7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 2

I remember hearing a lot of bad stories-upon release-of hardware sucking, lag, and other bugs. So how does it play now?

I would like to pick it up on PS4, pretty much exclusively for drumming. Anyone have any opinions on the new drum set? Amazon has Vanilla RB4 listed as Madcat's hardware, while Rivals is PDP. Any opinions on which is better to get? I would like to just go with vanilla because it's cheaper, but only if there are no huge differences. I will be picking up the cymbals add-ons too if I decide to pull the trigger.

redwing42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

I've got the original RB4 drums (w/ cymbal attachements) for Xbox, and I haven't had any issues with it. I'm primarily a vocals/guitar guy, though, so I can't really put the drums through their paces. I used to have some occasional stutters in game, but those have gone away after the last couple patches. I still play a hour or two a week, and really enjoy it. I have some sinking feelings about how much longer Harmonix will be able to support it, but I've certainly enjoyed my time with the game.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e6e407163fd7
    deactivated-5e6e407163fd7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

@redwing42: that's good to hear they worked out a lot of issues. The library of downloadable songs is so big I don't think I could be too mad at them for not adding more, but not getting some of more favorite recent songs is a bummer.

I can't have real drums in my living situation so this would be a surrogate for them. Plus I think RB drums is a good learning tool for a mediocre drummer like myself.

meteora3255

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

@sloppydetective: I play guitar and drums on expert and haven't had any issues on Xbox One using the original RB4 instruments. The build quality on the drums is solid and the guitars are fine too, except for the whammy bar, but that has been an issue on every Rock Band guitar I have ever owned since RB1 and it's not the end of the world.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.