Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Resident Evil 5

Game » consists of 38 releases. Released Mar 05, 2009

Resident Evil 5 follows series alum Chris Redfield as he journeys into West Africa with his new partner, Sheva Alomar, fighting Las Plagas-infested enemies called the Majini.

Can't play split screen co-op with two profiles.

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By NTM

I'm not sure if anyone here actually got these remasters, not just RE5, but RE6. What sucks is, you can't use two profiles on either the PS4 or Xbox One version during split screen, which means one of the two players (which is in this case my brother) won't get trophies/achievements, and more importantly, won't be able to use their own items and upgrades. This ruins the want to play co-op to be honest. Last-gen, the PS3 version of RE5 would be the same way, so I assumed, and maybe it's true that, that's way the PS3 was made, it wouldn't allow it; I don't know, but that made us get it on the 360, which would allow us to play with both our profiles, and we had a blast. For that reason, we got RE6 on the Xbox 360 instead of PS3 (we didn't play that game as much on co-op, but whatever).

I was in the minority in enjoying RE6, so I got the remaster on PS4 as well, and like the One version of RE5, you can't play it with two profiles. This leads me to believe that it's not Sony or Microsoft's issue, but Capcom's, which is super unfortunate and makes me wonder what they were thinking. Why even put in split screen at all if you're not going to go far enough to let both players play with their profiles? I'm guessing many people don't care about the issue, so sorry, but I had to rant, because RE5 is a great game in my opinion, but getting the remaster, we really only had the intention to play it on co-op, and they didn't really say that they'd be taking an aspect out.

It's a fun game on solo, but I am into other games I can play on my own right now, while I was hoping RE5 would be a fun game to play with my brother. I got the RE6 remaster on PS4 because I just wanted to play it, not necessarily on co-op, but when we decided to do so, it was like RE5 again on PS3, which is why I assumed it was just a Sony thing, which is why my brother bought RE5 on the Xbox One, but now that the Xbox One version doesn't support it either... Well, I really hope Capcom fixes this, though I doubt they will.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e6e407163fd7
    deactivated-5e6e407163fd7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 2

Ya this is a huge turn off for me. I just started looking into the quality of these remasters (which is why I am here), and this would be a huge turn off for convincing a friend to play through the campaign with me. I\But the fact there are so little AAA couch co-op offerings maybe a friend will want to play it despite this glaring omission. Thanks for the info, this will definitely be considered before buying the game. Res 4 is no question though.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.