Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Renegade Ops

Game » consists of 8 releases. Released Sep 13, 2011

As the "Renegade Ops" rogue military group, you must save the world from the terrorist organization Inferno in this arcade top-down vehicular shooter from the studio that brought you Just Cause 2.

I just preordered a digitally downloaded game. Am I a bad person?

DriveupLife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By DriveupLife

I saw the renegade ops quicklook and I thought it looked badass. I saw that it was open for preorders on playstation network and that you got some bonus stuff if you bought it before it came out. So I did. Is that a bad thing?

DeeGee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By DeeGee

Apart from me personally thinking that game looks terrible, not at all.

I don't see the big fuss about pre-ordering. It means you can just pay and be done with it, and get the game when it comes out. Why would anyone have an issue that you gave them money slightly earlier then you would normally?

Bocam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By Bocam

You should be shot, you piece of shit, you.

RE_Player1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By RE_Player1

No. You also got a discount, $12 instead of $15, so I think it's worth it if younger interested in the game.

RE_Player1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By RE_Player1

*if you are interested... I hate the mobile site for not being able to edit...

MEATBALL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#6  Edited By MEATBALL

If you were going to buy the game anyway, whatever, it's not that unlike putting aside some money for when it's actually released. People do it on Steam all of the time, don't they?

ShadowKing7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By ShadowKing7

There are downloadable games with pre-order bonuses now?  Are you serious?... 

Apart from that blowing my mind, if you're really interested in the game, go ahead and lay down the money now for it.
    sixghost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By sixghost

You played it safe, you never know when they'll run out of megabits.

Avatar image for deactivated-5ba16609964d9
    deactivated-5ba16609964d9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 20

Sam Worthington's acting is bad, Country music is bad, causing genocide is bad, but preordering a digital game is not bad

Avatar image for president_barackbar
    President_Barackbar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Of course not man, what happens if the cloud runs out of game files? At least you guaranteed yourself some files!

jacksukeru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 22

#11  Edited By jacksukeru

Do you kidnap and eat small children? 'Cause that's something a bad person would do.

But paying for a game that you got a good impression of, before actually having reliable sources to help gauge its quality by in exchange for free stuff, does not make you a bad person.

You thought this was gonna say something mean, didn't you? Well, phooey!
    Mnemoidian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 26

#12  Edited By Mnemoidian

@ShadowKing7: On the off-chance that you are actually serious, Steam has been doing pre-order bonuses for years.

If not, carry on.

Then again, maybe we just have different definitions of "downloadable games".

mikemcn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 8

#13  Edited By mikemcn

@DeeGee said:

Apart from me personally thinking that game looks terrible, not at all.

I don't see the big fuss about pre-ordering. It means you can just pay and be done with it, and get the game when it comes out. Why would anyone have an issue that you gave them money slightly earlier then you would normally?

Looks terrible? I thought it looked like a ton of fun in that Quick Look, what don't you like about it?

ShadowKing7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By ShadowKing7

@Mnemoidian
    Well, I don't use Steam so I didn't actually know that it did stuff like this, but yes, my reaction was serious; kinda sad when you think about it. 

On a side note, by downloadable, I mean stuff like a $10 or $15 XBLA/PSN game, not a game that's $60 for a disc but is available for download.

DeeGee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By DeeGee

@Mikemcn: I dunno, I suppose it's because I have no interest in duel joystick shooters. In this game you're a jeep that shoots and blows stuff up, in other games you're a tank or a dude but it's all the same. I don't remember anything original about it from the quick look.

Gimme Just Cause 3 already ;.;

mikemcn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 8

#16  Edited By mikemcn

@DeeGee said:

@Mikemcn: I dunno, I suppose it's because I have no interest in duel joystick shooters. In this game you're a jeep that shoots and blows stuff up, in other games you're a tank or a dude but it's all the same. I don't remember anything original about it from the quick look.

Gimme Just Cause 3 already ;.;

I do want a just cause 3, I couldn't help but think that renegade ops is just Just Cause from overhead.

Mnemoidian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 26

#17  Edited By Mnemoidian

@ShadowKing7: Fair enough, though I think we're going to need to redefine what a "downloadable title" is at some point, as technically everything on Steam is Downloadable titles.

But that's not really relevant here.

Then again, I don't see what's so sad about it. The Customer (who is most likely a fan) gets some incentive in the form of a trinket or DLC while the Publisher and Developer gets some security in the form of early sales (which is likely to indicate number of future sales). Everyone wins? (That said, I don't agree with current pre-order practices).

Hell, I'd give DICE 60 Euro right now if they sent me Mirror's Edge 2 when it's done. But that's probably just me :P

beargirl1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 24

#18  Edited By beargirl1

that's a pretty bad thing when you're interested in a game and you pre-purchase it to get bonus stuff, i'll admit. 

infininja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By infininja

@DriveupLife: You're a bad person for continuing to propagate the redundant term 'digital download.' :)

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.