Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Renegade Kid

Company »

Renegade Kid is an upstart development team that was formed in early 2007.

Renegade Kid's Castlevania Style Dracula Game Back In Production

Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Linkyshinks

No Caption Provided

Son of the Dragon, the Castlevania style 3D Dracula game that was supposedly dropped, is now back in the early production stage at Renegade Kid. Jools Watsham, lead designer at Renegade Kid has revealed as much on his latest vlog. However, the game really needs your help as it's needs a publisher, and your support really can help: 

Please comment on the video at Youtube, after listening to his valid comments:  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RvbXRvN5EhI 

AgentJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 31

#2  Edited By AgentJ

Renegade kid was working on a Castlevania-style game?

Al3xand3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3  Edited By Al3xand3r

I didn't know it's Castlevania style. It's for Wii, yes? Or is it for DS too? I don't care, they're good dudes, signed!

Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Linkyshinks
    @Al3xand3r said:
    " I didn't know it's Castlevania style. It's for Wii, yes? Or is it for DS too? I don't care, they're good dudes, signed! "
    Well that's the term he used despite it being in 3D. Jools really wouldn't say as much if he's not creating a game which has all the qualities you would expect from a Castlevania game.  As you may already know, he's a really nice guy, probably one of the nicest people in the industry I know of, which is why I visit his blog regularly. He gives a good insight into the inner workings of it.
    Al3xand3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Al3xand3r

I never bothered to listen to his blog much since I don't have a DS (Dementium II looks cool though)  but yah, seems like a cool dude. Does he respond to fans? Tell him to play Exhumed/Powerslave on the SEGA Saturn or if all else fails on the PlayStation or PC (inferior versions). That's also like a FPS Castlevania, or perhaps like a primitive Metroid Prime which would work well on DS, and if it's even more like Castlevania with emphasis on melee weapons and stats and such, then even more sweet. I mean, the DS can probably do better visuals than that game by now. Or maybe they can make a sequel to this, Egypt + guns + magic abilities rocks as much as Castlevania :-P

What's that game with the water gun he shows at one point? Is that released or another example of dead project due to no publisher interest? That could have been a nice DS platformer if more developed...

Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Linkyshinks

He's definitely responsive, that's the best thing about him, he's PM'd many of those that have commented on his blog including myself. 

I will mention those two games.  

The engine on DS is surprisingly good, certainly the best 3D engine on the platform. 

Al3xand3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Al3xand3r

It's one game, just different name per region. Surprised you don't know of it since you had/have a Saturn. It's like Doom in Egypt rather than hell and you gain new abilities like higher jump and gliding with artifacts but unlike Prime it's separated in levels but you can go back to previous levels from a map interface that is how you choose where to go and find different paths and stuff using newfound abilities so I guess a lot like Prime then. Not many good quality videos on YouTube, only speed runs and such that don't really show the pace of the game as it is when you first play it and explore it but here's one:

Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Linkyshinks
    @Al3xand3r said:
    " It's one game, just different name per region. Surprised you don't know of it since you had/have a Saturn. It's like Doom in Egypt rather than hell and you gain new abilities like higher jump and gliding with artifacts but unlike Prime it's separated in levels but you can go back to previous levels from a map interface that is how you choose where to go and find different paths and stuff using newfound abilities so I guess a lot like Prime then. Not many good quality videos on YouTube, only speed runs and such that don't really show the pace of the game as it is when you first play it and explore it but here's one:
    "

I do faintly remember the name "Exhumed", but I've never played it.  Castlevania X was all I needed. 
    Al3xand3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Al3xand3r

And yah that Dementium II interview/vid is good. Definitelly better-than-Saturn 3D that, at least in some ways (well I guess the best 3D FPS style thing Saturn had was Quake 1 really, little else is a valid comparison) :)

Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Linkyshinks
    Al3xand3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Al3xand3r

Heh, cool. Looks like Silent Hill 1 more or less visually. But being portable I imagine gameplay's faster paced than the average horror game yeah? That final scene was pretty impressive for the DS.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.