Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Record of Agarest War

Game » consists of 10 releases. Released Sep 27, 2007

Record of Agarest War is a strategy role-playing game with dating sim elements.

So who is going to download this 10 gig game next week?

• 88 results
    trophyhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By trophyhunter

Record of Agarest War is coming out on PSN next week for an unknown price and it will be10 gigabytes in size.
    I really want this game and have HDD space in spades but I'm not downloading a 10 gig game are you nuts? 
    That would take like 12 hours to download and I'm pretty sure it I left any console on for 12 hours it would over heat and break.

Jeust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 15

#2  Edited By Jeust

10 gigs?! Must be for the number and the quality of the pictures and character avatars in the game. :p

Mariek430

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By Mariek430

I would guess it will be the same price as the xbox version. Which I preordered, on the internet, because im not man enough to go into gamestop to pick up a giant pink box with a boob mouse and anime girl pillowcase.

trophyhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By trophyhunter
    @Mariek430 said:
    " I would guess it will be the same price as the xbox version. Which I preordered, on the internet, because im not man enough to go into gamestop to pick up a giant pink box with a boob mouse and anime girl pillowcase. "
    No they did say it would be cheaper than the XBOX one because it's all digital
    Hamst3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By Hamst3r
    @trophyhunter said:
    "That would take like 12 hours to download and I'm pretty sure it I left any console on for 12 hours it would over heat and break. "
    Haha.
    citizenkane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 106

#6  Edited By citizenkane

Moved to the correct forum.

trophyhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By trophyhunter
    @Hamst3r said:
    " @trophyhunter said:
    "That would take like 12 hours to download and I'm pretty sure it I left any console on for 12 hours it would over heat and break. "
    Haha. "
    well would you want to test that?
    Hamst3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#8  Edited By Hamst3r
    @trophyhunter said:
    " @Hamst3r said:
    " @trophyhunter said:
    Haha. "
    well would you want to test that? "
    I'm just laughing at the fact that it's pretty true. I've never had my 360 on longer than 4 or 5 hours as it always manages to lock-up with a lovely white screen. I'm guessing it's the video card overheating, dunno. It's extra amusing when compared to how I leave my PC on 24/7; It's on for weeks at a time, only rebooting occasionally to install updates. :)
    trophyhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By trophyhunter
    @Hamst3r said:
    " @trophyhunter said:
    " @Hamst3r said:
    " @trophyhunter said:
    Haha. "
    I'm just laughing at the fact that it's pretty true. I've never had my 360 on longer than 4 or 5 hours as it always manages to lock-up with a lovely white screen. I'm guessing it's the video card overheating, dunno. It's extra amusing when compared to how I leave my PC on 24/7; It's on for weeks at a time, only rebooting occasionally to install updates. :) "
    yes that's true
    Waffles13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Waffles13
    @Hamst3r said:
    " @trophyhunter said:
    " @Hamst3r said:
    " @trophyhunter said:
    Haha. "
    I'm just laughing at the fact that it's pretty true. I've never had my 360 on longer than 4 or 5 hours as it always manages to lock-up with a lovely white screen. I'm guessing it's the video card overheating, dunno. It's extra amusing when compared to how I leave my PC on 24/7; It's on for weeks at a time, only rebooting occasionally to install updates. :) "
    You do know you can just download it a few hours at a time, right?

10 gigs at a constant speed isn't all that bad.
    trophyhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By trophyhunter
    @Waffles13 said:

" @Hamst3r said:

" @trophyhunter said:
    " @Hamst3r said:
    " @trophyhunter said:
    Haha. "
    You do know you can just download it a few hours at a time, right?  10 gigs at a constant speed isn't all that bad. "
    yeah but you know fuck waiting that's why we have games on discs
    Dizzyhippos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#12  Edited By Dizzyhippos

They said 8-10 not a definite 10 and I know 8 or 9 is still huge but when your downloading something even 1 gig is a huge difference

grilledcheez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#13  Edited By grilledcheez

I download 1.5 gig demos on XBL in like 10-15 minutes...surely it won't be that long?

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#14  Edited By jakob187

I was actually interested in the idea of what looked like a tactical RPG from AKSYS...until I saw the part about "dating sims" and a chick in her panties.  Not something I care to partake in necessarily.

obcdexter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

#15  Edited By obcdexter

I've left my PS3 on longer than that in the past. A couple of times, actually.

Dizzyhippos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Dizzyhippos

A better question would be who is going to download this thing on wireless, now that will take forever

WilliamRLBaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#17  Edited By WilliamRLBaker

Nah I'll pick up the special edition with all the swag for the 360...I'm not keen on waiting 8 hours to download it on psn and then another hour or more to install it. Psn is slow that way in downloading and installing.

ectoplasma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#18  Edited By ectoplasma

Eh? How slow is the Ps3s wirelss? Can't you hook up your ps3 at ur college or something? When I was in a america for a year I had 2.5 mb/s downstream at times. Even if youre at home and have a pretty standart internet con of like 800kb, this will take u 3.64 hours if you leave it running. 10GB * 1024 (MB pro GB) * 1024  (KB pro MB) / 800 (Kb/s downstream) / 60 (Seconds per Minute) / 60 (Minutes per hour) = 3.64h.

ryanwho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By ryanwho

I could download this. Or I could google image search for anime girls with titties and avoid a pretty mediocre looking game.

Jazz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 37

#20  Edited By Jazz

I would, but i haven't the space (40gb) and it would take me..ooo...a month to download with 70kbs speed. 
    Anyway, there are some good deals on the game where i shop, and I still haven't finished Disgaea 3

WilliamRLBaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By WilliamRLBaker
    @ectoplasma: 
    its not a matter of how fast your net connection is, or how fast the wireless or ethernet is *wireless is b/g and the ethernet is gbps I believe.*
     Its a matter that Sony does not provide a comprehensive server network with hubs at key locations, I've set the ps3 up for testing via my computer and Net connection sharing, and the ps3 when it connects to Sony servers to grab games or updates uses less then a quarter of my nets capable download speed. *24 Mbps* popular stuff will usually go faster when its at launch day, But I've downloaded quite a few older games and they took forever to download and then install, the bigger the game the longer the download and install time.
    like the 3.30 firmware update its 166MB it took about 2-3 minutes to download and about 3-4 to install, at 24Mbps it should have downloaded in about 20-30 seconds or so if the ps3 used my full speed.
    ectoplasma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By ectoplasma
    @WilliamRLBaker: Thanks for the primer, I didn't know that. Well, that really sucks. I just have experience with my xbox, which usually downloads pretty fast.
    webby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#23  Edited By webby
    @trophyhunter said:
    " @Hamst3r said:
    " @trophyhunter said:
    Haha. "
    I have played for way more than 12 hours constant, probably doesn't do it any good but it wont just break...well there is obviously a bigger chance of it happening.
    keyhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By keyhunter

Does this game have anything to do with Record of Lodoss war?

sopranosfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#25  Edited By sopranosfan

I have a 40 gig so the only thing I will be downloading on mine is PS1 classics and a few of the small new games.

trophyhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By trophyhunter
    @Webby said:
    " @trophyhunter said:
    " @Hamst3r said:
    " @trophyhunter said:
    Haha. "
    I have played for way more than 12 hours constant, probably doesn't do it any good but it wont just break...well there is obviously a bigger chance of it happening. "
    you should go outside hahahaha
    Clembo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Clembo

10 gigs?  pfff i downloaded Empire Total War (15Gb) twice in one week.

trophyhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By trophyhunter
    @Clembo said:
    " 10 gigs?  pfff i downloaded Empire Total War (15Gb) twice in one week. "
    well that's PC bullshit
    MikkaQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By MikkaQ
    @trophyhunter said:
    " @Hamst3r said:
    " @trophyhunter said:
    Haha. "

I've left my PS3 on for longer than that. I've basically accidentally gone to sleep with a game on, got up, went to work, then when I got home from work did I realize I left my game on. I just kept playing it for another couple hours. It's fine.
    Clembo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Clembo
    @trophyhunter said:
    " @Clembo said:
    " 10 gigs?  pfff i downloaded Empire Total War (15Gb) twice in one week. "
    well that's PC bullshit "
    Bullshit that I can put up with, especially seeing as I have both the option of the physical disc AND a digital copy.  Enough of the haters I LOVE STEAM!
    Okari

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#31  Edited By Okari

I already use a lot of bandwidth, so adding another 10GB onto it might put me over the monthly limit. It looks like a great game, and I easily would have purchased the Special Edition if it were on the PS3, but it's not worth wasting bandwidth for nor is it something I want to support. Instead I'll buy the EU version, which is a hard copy.

meteora

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By meteora
    @Webby said:

" @trophyhunter said:

" @Hamst3r said:
    " @trophyhunter said:
    Haha. "
    I have played for way more than 12 hours constant, probably doesn't do it any good but it wont just break...well there is obviously a bigger chance of it happening. "
    Just to verify; I played my Xbox 360 for more than 12 hours. Maybe with a half an hour break inbetween or something, but that really shouldn't make much difference (in fact it might damage it even more because of the sudden change in temperature; if it does cool down that quickly and reheats up fast).

I think I might pick this game up with Super Street Fighter IV on launch day. The dating sim is a extra, I just want to finally play a turn based tactical/strategy game on a console. But the marketing for the dating sim is stupid. =P
    JJOR64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By JJOR64

I might pick it up at a later date.  I'll be to busy playing Super Street Fighter IV for the next 700 years.

Diamond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Diamond
    @Hamst3r said:
    I'm just laughing at the fact that it's pretty true. I've never had my 360 on longer than 4 or 5 hours as it always manages to lock-up with a lovely white screen. I'm guessing it's the video card overheating, dunno. It's extra amusing when compared to how I leave my PC on 24/7; It's on for weeks at a time, only rebooting occasionally to install updates. :)
    If that's happening to your 360 either it's broken or you have it placed in a really dumb spot.  That shouldn't ever be happening.
    Jimbo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Jimbo

Force Unleashed on PC is a 30Gb download, 34Gb install size.  Just sayin'.

meteora

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By meteora
    @Diamond said:
    " @Hamst3r said:
    If that's happening to your 360 either it's broken or you have it placed in a really dumb spot.  That shouldn't ever be happening. "
    Yeah, it should at least be a black screen. I've never heard of anything getting a white one. 

For PC is a little different from consoles. Standard PCs have sufficient air room and never need extra cooling systems if you have integrated. If you do have a demanding graphics card its easy enough to install a adequate fan cooler. The Xbox 360 has a flawed design though, the PS3 probably is capable of being left on all day long, just not recommended. I know I left my old-gen PS2 on for literally a week and it was fine.

@Jimbo said:
    " Force Unleashed on PC is a 30Gb download, 34Gb install size.  Just sayin'. "
    Jesus christ.
    Evilsbane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Evilsbane
    @trophyhunter said:
    " Record of Agarest War is coming out on PSN next week for an unknown price and it will be10 gigabytes in size. I really want this game and have HDD space in spades but I'm not downloading a 10 gig game are you nuts?  That would take like 12 hours to download and I'm pretty sure it I left any console on for 12 hours it would over heat and break. "
    Just FYI leaving a console on for more than 12 hours will not cause it to over heat and break, these machines are designed to run for long periods under heavy loads, when its just sitting there in standby mode downloading something it might as well not be on, in fact most of the wear on the parts come from the act of turning the device on and off unless you just leave your consoles running nonstop for weeks a couple of days ain't gonna hurt it unless your just hard core gaming for 72 hours straight.
    trophyhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By trophyhunter
    @Jimbo said:
    yeah that's PC bullshit I'm not talking about the PC
    Dizzyhippos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Dizzyhippos
    @ectoplasma said:
    " Eh? How slow is the Ps3s wirelss? Can't you hook up your ps3 at ur college or something? When I was in a america for a year I had 2.5 mb/s downstream at times. Even if youre at home and have a pretty standart internet con of like 800kb, this will take u 3.64 hours if you leave it running. 10GB * 1024 (MB pro GB) * 1024  (KB pro MB) / 800 (Kb/s downstream) / 60 (Seconds per Minute) / 60 (Minutes per hour) = 3.64h. "
    yes because if there is one thing the internet in America is its consistant
    scarace360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By scarace360

already ordered my special edition in a gamestop so i dont think ill be downloading it.
    Jimbo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Jimbo
    @trophyhunter said:
    " @Jimbo said:
    yeah that's PC bullshit I'm not talking about the PC "
    So?  What's the difference between a 10gb download from PSN and a 10gb download on PC?  Are gigabytes bigger on PSN or something?
    Dizzyhippos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Dizzyhippos
    @Jimbo said:
    " @trophyhunter said:
    " @Jimbo said:
    So?  What's the difference between a 10gb download from PSN and a 10gb download on PC?  Are gigabytes bigger on PSN or something? "
    The network stability for PSN is no ware near as smooth as most pc networks
    Dizzyhippos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Dizzyhippos
    @keyhunter said:
    " Does this game have anything to do with Record of Lodoss war? "
    No....
    xyzygy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By xyzygy

Why don't you just download it in the background? That's what I do with all my downloads. And then when it's finished in the future you'll have a nice little surprise waiting, haha.

trophyhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By trophyhunter
    @Jimbo said:
    " @trophyhunter said:
    " @Jimbo said:
    So?  What's the difference between a 10gb download from PSN and a 10gb download on PC?  Are gigabytes bigger on PSN or something? "
    it seems like it
    keyhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By keyhunter
    @Dizzyhippos said:
    " @keyhunter said:
    " Does this game have anything to do with Record of Lodoss war? "
    No.... "
    Thanks for clearing that up for me.
    I was wondering what kind of business a boilerplate ass Medieval fantasy Japanese tactics RPG  had calling itself "Record of___" Without being in any way shape or form related to Record of Lodoss war.
    I am no longer interested in this punk ass game.
    Jrad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By Jrad

I don't see how this is a problem unless you're on a 56k line.

I usually leave my PS3 on overnight to download demos since I'm running with a 200kb/s down speed (curse you, rural life) with no issues whatsoever. Have also left Eternal Sonata paused for +40 hours with no issues (I forgot about it).

10 gigs isn't exactly a lot anyway. That's like... 2 24 episode anime series. Half of a long series like Hikaru no Go/LotGH.

End_Boss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#48  Edited By End_Boss

Excuse me, but why exactly is this game ten gigs? I visited its page and all I saw were sprites and Final Fantasy Tactics-style gameplay. 

Is it like, seventy-three hours long? 

Anyway, no. I won't be downloading/buying it.

Dizzyhippos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By Dizzyhippos
    @End_Boss said:
    " Excuse me, but why exactly is this game ten gigs? I visited its page and all I saw were sprites and Final Fantasy Tactics-style gameplay.  Is it like, seventy-three hours long?  Anyway, no. I won't be downloading/buying it. "
    Its ten gigs because it was originally a disk game in japan and the UK, and if you believe the press release its apparently close to 100 hours although that may be bs
    Dizzyhippos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By Dizzyhippos

Anyone else a little confused about the psn release day, some sites are saying its up for download Tuesday others Thursday

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.