Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Rayman 2: The Great Escape

Game » consists of 16 releases. Released Apr 10, 1999

Help to repair the damage done to the world and repel an evil pirate invasion in this critically acclaimed platforming adventure.

Rayman 3D Footage (The Great Escape 3D Remake)

Contro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Contro

Just found some fresh (but blurry) footage of the upcoming Nintendo 3DS game. I noticed a thread earlier that had someone enquiring what "Rayman 3D" was, well it is indeed a remake of the great Dreamcast game, but one which will feature "major updates" according to Ubisoft.

toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By toowalrus

Rad, I'm pretty sure I've already played this game on like 5 different platforms... but I'll probably play it again.

Buscemi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By Buscemi

Just bought the first Rayman on PSN, having a blast. The second one was really fun as well, too bad I don't have a 3DS, but then again I do have it on the PSN so...

Contro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Contro
    @TooWalrus said:
    " Rad, I'm pretty sure I've already played this game on like 5 different platforms... but I'll probably play it again. "

Same here, if there's genuinely some substantial new content, including new levels, I may be tempted into this. It would be nice to be able to play a 3D platform game on 3DS while I wait for the new 3D Mario game.
    landon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#5  Edited By landon

OOHHHH SHIIIIT!!!! SAY WHAT?!!?!?

Seriously though, don't remember Ray 2 all that well, but all those little sounds bring back memories. definantly getting this.

Avatar image for lordxavierbritish
    LordXavierBritish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 6

#6  Edited By LordXavierBritish

How long has Ubisoft been repackaging Rayman 2 now instead of just making a new fucking Rayman game? 

At least it will have joystick support, I guess that at least gives it something substantial over the last DS port.

LordAndrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 36

#7  Edited By LordAndrew

That video hurts my eyes. Maybe I could just watch some footage of the Dreamcast game instead.

toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By toowalrus
    @LordXavierBritish said:
    " How long has Ubisoft been repackaging Rayman 2 now instead of just making a new fucking Rayman game?  At least it will have joystick support, I guess that at least gives it something substantial over the last DS port. "
    They're making a new Rayman, it's got some weird episodic format, but I like the art style of it. Also, I thought Rayman 3 was pretty crappy... Hoodlums.
    Kjellm87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#9  Edited By Kjellm87

Luckly I've never played this game, so maybe I should give it shot.

JJOR64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#10  Edited By JJOR64
    @TooWalrus said:
    " Rad, I'm pretty sure I've already played this game on like 5 different platforms... but I'll probably play it again. "
    Yeah.  I own the DS version of the game.  This version is probably better, but I really don't want to buy the same game again for $40.  Maybe I will wait till it drops to $20 before I get it.
    Contro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Contro

Here's the first review guys. It's looking good. 

http://www.expertreviews.co.uk/games/1283620/ubisoft-nintendo-3ds-games-test/2

"The 3D effect is impressive because there is rarely something that is close to the camera to provide a great sense of depth. However, this 3D effect adds an extra degree of solidity to the colorful world of Rayman, and you gives an advantage to judge your jumps with depth perception. 

In short, the best of three games from Ubisoft launch 3DS, title classic, designed to be played with only one analog stick and four buttons.  A winning return. "

KarlPilkington

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#12  Edited By KarlPilkington

Rayman was hard, I remember having real trouble when you were flying the mosquito.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.