Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Ratchet & Clank

Game » consists of 2 releases. Released Apr 12, 2016

The game, based on the movie, based on the game.

Which difficulty?

JazzyJeff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

I just picked up Ratchet & Clank and I'm having trouble deciding between normal and hard. Can someone give an idea of how difficult hard is? I usually pick normal, but some games have made normal too easy (Dragon Age/Witcher 3). Thanks!

walach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Can't speak for the remake but my last venture into hard mode R&C(crack in time), enemies have more health and deal more damage. If that's ok with you go for hard mode :)

nhines04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm 7 or 8 planets in and I've been playing on normal. I've been considering bumping it up to hard for awhile now but I have a feeling I would probably get a little annoyed and go back to normal for the first playthrough. On one hand, the enemies on normal do often die too fast for me to use many of the awesome weapons I'm getting, but on the other hand they already seem like they do a fairly high amount of damage on normal and I'd prefer not to be dying a bunch of times in a row with this game.

Of course, my situation may be somewhat different in that I picked up Ratchet and Clank as a kind of relaxer to separate Salt and Sanctuary, which I just finished, and Dark Souls 3. If I weren't intentionally trying to play a somewhat easier game I'd probably have just started on hard to see how it was. I'll switch over to it now and let you know what I think.

glots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By glots

I haven't really had trouble on Hard, but I have played six of these damned games before, even though it's been a couple of years since HD trilogy. Death's not a big punishment anyway and load times are fast, you can also change the difficulty mid-game (don't know if that locks you away from trophies, because the game doesn't have any save slots).

I do admit that it took me a while to get used to regular Blargs shooting ahead of you (if that's the right term for it) and learning to dodge them. I think the fastest I've died in the game so far has been by drowning. You really need to get back to the surface before you run out of oxygen.

JazzyJeff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

Oh cool. Didn't realize you can change it whenever you want. Awesome, thanks!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.