Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Ratchet & Clank

Game » consists of 2 releases. Released Apr 12, 2016

The game, based on the movie, based on the game.

New Ratchet & Clank PS4 trailer

Czarpyotr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

#1  Edited By Czarpyotr

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E7vOzLEE_rw

This looks like exactly what I want out of a video game right now and holy shit does it look graphically impressive.

Shindig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I feel like we say this every time they hit a new console. That art direction just transfers so well to anything. And I'm sure this footage has been around since E3.

Spoonman671

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Spoonman671

I'm pretty sure I've seen this footage before. I've definitely seen them playing on the train.

All the same, when can I give them money for this?

ZolRoyce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By ZolRoyce

Oh sweet, that was my favorite level from that game (always reminded me of something out of Futurama) looks really pretty, and I like that they changed things up. Seems like it knows the difference between a good remaster and just a lazy 'eh, we made it work on the new consoles" port job.
    These were never my favorite games but I'm looking forward to playing it eventually.

Gruebacca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

Yeah. This video is a few months old.

Doesn't mean I'm not excited for this. It's like a comic book storyline reinvented for a new era. Curious to see what they do with it.

ShaggE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I've never played a Ratchet & Clank game (I putzed around with one for a bit on PSNow before discovering that PSNow on a Wifi connection is a fool's errand). What's a good one to start with?

Spoonman671

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shagge: If you're unsure about the series, I recommend Into the Nexus. It's a downloadable title and is relatively short, but is the same basic formula as the main games. If you like that, Sony released a collection of all the PS2 games on PS3, and A Crack in Time on PS3 is my favorite game in the series. All 4 One and Full Frontal Assault are offshoots of the franchise that you don't need to worry about.

ShaggE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@spoonman671: Cheers! Between the "main" series, the "Future" series, and the spinoffs, it's kind of daunting at a glance. I did enjoy the ten minutes of Into The Nexus I was able to play, so I guess I'll start with that.

Torrim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

Y'all, All 4 One is actually fun as shit.

glots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By glots

So while everyone else is waiting for Dark Souls 3 to pop out next week, I'm stoked for this myself. Or well, it'll be out on the 20th in my EU case, but it'll be 12th for you lot overseas.

Loading Video...

I'm hoping it'll be a full-length release, despite the remake status it has going on and the lower-than-usual price. Really enjoyed the future trilogy and HD trilogy on PS3 and there hasn't exactly been a flood of action-platformers on PS4 during it's lifetime.

thewalkingdude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I still feel bad for skipping these games during the ps2 era. They always appealed to me, especially with those weapon commercials that used to air during the ps2 days. Probably going to play the hd collection of the first 3 games first before moving on to the future trilogy and then finally this. These games just look way too gorgeous and fun to be ignoring any longer.

Sinusoidal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Man, I love Ratchet & Clank. I've played every previous iteration of the franchise to 100% completion. Most of them more than once.

I suppose it's too much to hope for a PC release.

Well, I've got two good reasons to buy a PS4 now (Bloodborne!) Which isn't enough, but it's getting there.

glots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I still feel bad for skipping these games during the ps2 era. They always appealed to me, especially with those weapon commercials that used to air during the ps2 days. Probably going to play the hd collection of the first 3 games first before moving on to the future trilogy and then finally this. These games just look way too gorgeous and fun to be ignoring any longer.

I got PS2 back in 2007 for a few specific games, but never daabled with the original Ratchet & Clank games for some reason. Loved the future trilogy and got the HD pack as soon as it came out. The first one is a bit clunky (like most first games in franchises tend to be) with some gameplay elements missing, but 2 and 3 were just as good as the Future ones.

I still haven't finished Into The Nexus, despite buying it at release. Wondering if I'll give it a go before this comes out, or just continue to keep my R&C hype growing.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.