Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Ratchet & Clank: Into the Nexus

Game » consists of 4 releases. Released Nov 06, 2013

Ratchet and Clank's last hurrah on the PS3, Into the Nexus is a single-player shooter-platformer billed as an epilogue to 2009's A Crack in Time.

Ratchet & Clank: Into the Nexus announced

FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 6

#1  Edited By FluxWaveZ

Initially teased through the "When Worlds Collide" teaser image, a new Ratchet and Clank game naturally developed by Insomniac has been announced and is set to launch in holiday 2013. The MSRP will be $29.99.

From the PlayStation blog:

Since completing the Ratchet & Clank Future saga (Tools of Destruction, Quest For Booty, and A Crack in Time) we’ve had a really amazing time expanding the universe of our intergalactic heroes. From creating the first four-player co-op Ratchet & Clank experience for the whole family to enjoy with All 4 One, to returning with the first all-new R&C competitive mode in Full Frontal Assault, we’ve challenged ourselves to bring new types of play to the Ratchet series.

At the same time, we love single-player Ratchet adventures. We’ve continued to generate new ideas for weapons, gadgets, and planets. It feels like the time is right to revisit Ratchet’s personal story arc.

Insomniac's developing both a PS3 exclusive and an Xbox One exclusive, which is interesting.

devilzrule27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Finally another traditional Ratchet game.

toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

I don't get it. How is this title a pun for anal sex?

Daneian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 19

#4  Edited By Daneian

@devilzrule27 said:

Yeah. I don't have much experience with Ratchet & Clank, but is this particularly unexpected?

Aegon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Exactly. Disappointing it's not on the PS4, but we didn't know that we'd even get another one of these. Hopefully it leads to more in the future.

ottoman673

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Well, something's gotta go INTO something..

maybe a bit of a stretch?

Aegon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Aegon

@daneian said:

@devilzrule27 said:

Yeah. I don't have much experience with Ratchet & Clank, but is this particularly unexpected?

The last two Ratchet and Clank games were like spin-offs and lacked the quality of the main line. This is returning back to form.

ottoman673

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Just thought of something:

The game is being developed in-house at Insomniac, and probably was in development alongside Fuse. It's a confirmed budget title for PS3 at $29.99...

does that concern anyone at all? Is this shovelware/a cash grab?

toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Also, I've never played a Rachet & Clank game. Should I swing down to Gamespot and grab a copy of Tools of Destruction? Or another one? Maybe I'll just download Quest for Booty.

Aegon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Also, I've never played a Rachet & Clank game. Should I swing down to Gamespot and grab a copy of Tools of Destruction? Or another one? Maybe I'll just download Quest for Booty.

Crack in Time is the best of the modern ones. If you don't care about story and continuity, then go with that one. Otherwise, start with the HD collection. They're great games.

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

#11  Edited By Justin258

Either that or go back to the beginning and get the collection. I loved the first few games.

I never played Quest for Booty, and never heard many good things about it.

devilzrule27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@aegon said:

@toowalrus said:

Crack in Time is the best of the modern ones. If you don't care about story and continuity, then go with that one. Otherwise, start with the HD collection. They're great games.

Indeed they are. Shame they didn't announce this last week when the HD collection was on sale on plus for 7.50. Great deal. The first one can be a bit clunky because they hadn't figured out the controls yet. It also had a different voice actor for Ratchet. Still fun though.

If you don't want to run through the originals I'd recommend playing the Future series. They hit their stride with story telling and gameplay in that arc.

Avatar image for deactivated-601df795ee52f
    deactivated-601df795ee52f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Wow that actually looks pretty awesome. Glad it's not another crummy spin off.

djou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Another RC game? And its not for the PS4? Pass. Talk about a sequel that no one asked for. Insomniac has released 12 RC games in as many years, this game looks no different than the last proper game except it rips off a bunch of Mario Galaxy mechanics.

Insomniac looks like its saved any originality for Sunset Overdrive and just shitting out another RC game at the end of the console cycle. I can't imagine a reason to play this instead of revisiting one of the early games. Sony had me excited for a moment with that teaser, now I see why they didn't bother announcing this at E3 and its just dumping it in the middle of July.

MildMolasses

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 16

Just thought of something:

The game is being developed in-house at Insomniac, and probably was in development alongside Fuse. It's a confirmed budget title for PS3 at $29.99...

does that concern anyone at all? Is this shovelware/a cash grab?

They've seem to be a multi-team studio for a while. They put out that Quest for Booty and Resistance 2 within a few months of each other. As well, R3 and All 4 One were close together. They just seem to pump out the games pretty quickly and efficiently. I can't say that this new game will be amazing, but I have no doubt that they are putting effort into it

49th

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

That's cool, hopefully this will be as enjoyable as the previous games as I've lost a little faith in Insomniac after their recent offerings.

EvilNiGHTS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

Think it's cool that they're doing this and not handing the work off to a mercenary developer. Pricing makes me wonder if it's not more of a Quest for Booty affair than a full game though.

ajamafalous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

FUCKING FINALLY A NEW REAL RATCHET GAME JESUS CHRIST

pkjr92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

They've seem to be a multi-team studio for a while. They put out that Quest for Booty and Resistance 2 within a few months of each other. As well, R3 and All 4 One were close together. They just seem to pump out the games pretty quickly and efficiently. I can't say that this new game will be amazing, but I have no doubt that they are putting effort into it

At the same time, I don't think most people want another Quest for Booty. It was a neat experiment, but I don't think it's what Ratchet & Clank fans are looking for. I would rather wait an extra year or two for a full, "proper" R&C title.

I'm worried this will work. If they sell well, you can expect a greater number of smaller and lower-budget games, and that's not what I personally want from the R&C franchise. It's the same situation with the multi-player focused titles they've put out. I consider myself a die-hard R&C fan, but I've never played those games and probably never will. They just aren't the games I grew up with, and I don't consider them "canon" within the franchise.

KillEm_Dafoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

Well...it's cool that we finally get another real R&C game developed by Insomniac, but this isn't exactly what I had in mind. Like everyone else, I was hoping for a full-sized, full price PS4 title. Crack in Time was such a wonderfully fantastic game that expanded a lot of the ideas from the series, but I just don't get the sense that Insomniac is trying to top that game in any way. Also, the subtitle is not a sexual innuendo. Or at least, not a good one. What gives?

tonyp2121

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@daneian said:

@devilzrule27 said:

The last two games were a tower defense game and a 4 player co op game, while most Ratchet and Clank games are single player platformers.

kreeztoff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Fuse did that bad, huh?

thebunnyhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Im disappointed that its not the rumored Ratchet and Clank X Jak and Daxter game, "When Worlds Collide"......it was perfect.

Lazy0718

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

I'm psyched about this. I've been replaying all the Ratchet and Clank games over that last few months (On All 4 One at the moment). This is perfect for me. I'm not surprised this isn't on PS4. Insomniac has talked openly about they felt the Tools of Destruction game (which came out a year after the PS3 launched) came out too early. They feel that launch/early games should go towards more mature audiences (hence Resistance for PS3 and the new Sunset Overdrive for Xbox One). They probably feel they have a better shot at selling a lot more copies by releasing it on PS3 now. It looks great, which isn't a surprise (A Crack in Time remains one of the best looking PS3 games). Maybe we'll get a PS4 game closer to the movie's launch (2015).

StarvingGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 25

I do not play these games but people seem to like these games so I am happy for those people so they can play this game yay.

Hunter5024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#26  Edited By Hunter5024

I thought that a Crack in Time was wonderful, so I'd definitely be willing to give this a shot. I didn't ever expect to get another proper Insomniac Ratchet game, and I'm a little worried about the scope, but I'm excited for this.

glots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Unless that trailer is completely misleading, this doesn't at least look like a cheap b-class game...and heck, good or not, at least the story will get some closure. Though I'm expecting the gameplay to be just as good as it has been in the previous, traditional R&C games. Having played the original trilogy in HD form after both Tools of Destruction and A Crack in Time, I wish they'd bring back more of the humour from 2&3, though. I enjoyed the dramatics in CiT, but it could've also used that silly humour from the olde games.

Still, looking forwards to this! Hopefully it'll also lead to more R&C on PS4! Or a new action-platformer IP from Insomniac, all's good.

BeachThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 30

@toowalrus said:

Well, something's gotta go INTO something..

maybe a bit of a stretch?

Into the next ass...

=|

GunstarRed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

Oh excellent. I have been going through the older games recently and was reminded how complete A Crack in Time was. After that game I'd have been happy if they had just left the series alone, but after All 4 One and Full Frontal Assault I'm happy to see they're going to try and make Ratchet at least a little bit relevant again.

Avatar image for machofantastico
    MachoFantastico

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 73

User Lists: 4

Woo! The Ratchet and Clank games have been some of my favourite on PS3. They reminds me of that classic PS1/PS2 era of great memorable platformer character games, something we've missed to much of this generation in my opinion.

Happy to see Insomniac Games working on it, have faith they can do a good job.

Avatar image for oscar__explosion
    Oscar__Explosion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Oscar__Explosion

That reminds me that I really need to go and play those ps3 R&C games. I loved the orginal trilogy (AND DEADLOCKED WAS FUN DAMN IT, well co-op was anyway)

Meteor_VII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

DId I miss some story from one of the non-traditional games that have been released? Who is the girl talking and I have never seen that Villian in the trailer either. Is this from All for One or that Tower Defense game?

fokma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So glad to see a return to form for Insomniac. They are great at the Shrek type humour vs the serious direction they took with Resistance and Fuse.

glots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

...so this is out next week in the US, a week after that in EU. Anyone planning on buying it? I've got my "spare" 70 euros resting in my PSN wallet after deciding on not to buy GTA V digitally, so will probably buy this one with those monies at least.

Lava

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 8

@glottery: I love Ratchet and Clank so I am definitely planning on buying it. After 4 One and Full Frontal Assault I am looking forward to getting back to classic Ratchet and Clank.

MightyDuck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -2

I've been looking at this, but I have to say I'm still a little disappointed that it won't be a "full length" Ratchet game. This has got me thinking about going back and picking up the Ratchet Collection first. The only ps2 RC game I played was Up Your Arsenal...which was great!

glots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By glots

I've been looking at this, but I have to say I'm still a little disappointed that it won't be a "full length" Ratchet game. This has got me thinking about going back and picking up the Ratchet Collection first. The only ps2 RC game I played was Up Your Arsenal...which was great!

I suppose one should still be happy about the fact that it's at least a traditional R&C game...but if one wants more of that, I definetly recommend buying the HD collection! I had played the Future Trilogy first, but the original trilogy still felt just as fresh, 'cept maybe for some parts of the first game. 2 & 3 really shined with their humour, though also sorta backfired by reminding me, that Tools of Destruction and Crack in Time were way more serious with their story than those two. Not necessarily a bad thing, but I prefered the more tongue-in-cheek approach.

Lazyaza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 43

Hope this one is good. Hasn't been a decent one since crack in time.

glots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Out tomorrow in the US. Here's hoping for a QL.

chaser324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#40 chaser324  Moderator  Online

I've really enjoyed R&C games in the past, so maybe I'll buy this. However, I really know nothing about it. This game is coming in about as far under the radar as a game possibly can.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.