Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Quantum Break

Game » consists of 5 releases. Released Apr 05, 2016

A third-person shooter from the studio behind Max Payne and Alan Wake, with heavy time-travel and time-manipulation themes.

Quantum Break is Releasing on Xbox and Windows 10 on April 5th

• 70 results
    ez123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 12

@slag: Recore is already announced for Windows 10.

I imagine that right after people celebrate these games coming over, they'll bitch about Windows Store exclusivity.

Slag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 45

newmoneytrash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

@slag: that whole thread is such a crazy mess

Avatar image for nashvilleskyline
    Nashvilleskyline

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

That Neogaf thread has me worried about human beings.

Hayt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#55  Edited By Hayt

That's a nice surprise but I'm not chuffed about the windows store thing. I've had a great time avoiding their ecosystem thus far and never like being Trojan horsed into using them (ie. Origin and Battlefield 3). I never like when the selling point for something is "you have to use it", it's normally an indicator that the service/product couldn't actually compete on it's own merits.

Can you run games from the windows store as non-steam games for the overlay? If you can do that and I don't need to alt tab to chat that's a bit better.

ds9143

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By ds9143

Not coming to steam folks.... Windows store exclusive. Fuck Microsoft, no buy for me. No way.

Remember folks, Windows Store Exclusive means:

• No SLI/Crossfire
    • Windows 10 store download is buggy,
    • No refund policy explained,
    • Vsync is always on,
    • Always borderless fullscreen,
    • Game files are protected,
    • Can't launch it via the exe (So adding it as a non steam game will not work)
    • No fps/hardware monitor software works with it,
    • You need to take control of the folder as admin if you want access to the files
    • Mouse software which lets you create custom binds for each game doesn't work
    • Say bye to using sweetfx and mods
    • Since no fps/hardware monitor software works, this means overlays meaning no Steam Controller since you can't use Big Picture Mode

I have 2 gtx 770s and cannot afford an upgrade as i am unemployed (hopefully not for long) and have a wife and two children. No SLI on a game recommending a GTX 980ti means, fuck you, I'll keep my money.

I LOVE Remedy, so this hurts.

Avatar image for asilentprotagonist
    ASilentProtagonist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I understand the frustration. Being misled to think that a game would be exclusive on that console, and only months before launch it's announced it's coming somewhere else is pretty shady especially when you've bought the console for it already. For people like us who have seen MS track record of porting games to PC we saw this coming, but not all gamers are as knowledgeable as us.

Why I love Sony with exclusives at least you know you really can only play their incredible exclusives only on Playstation.

ez123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@slag: Man, I completely get the limited nature of the games being "windows apps" isn't some great thing , the first thing I do after getting a game is go to pcgamingwiki. But most people in that thread are saying that they won't even consider using the store. It's crazy!

This is why cross-play is important for all games coming over. People buying KI will have online opponents no matter what most PC gamers do but Gears:UE online is going to be sent to die if they don't add it.

Shivoa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

#59  Edited By Shivoa

@ds9143: Add in:

A store that in previous incarnations has been left to die [GfW(L)] indicates no guarantee that things purchased now will be there in 5 years/for any potential Windows 11. When my Steam account has been in good standing for almost 12 years, Microsoft have shown that they don't care about ensuring what you buy today will work tomorrow, which is the entire selling point of Windows as an OS. Publishers going back to previous games to patch out the GfW code and attach it to the SteamPowered API to replace functionality over the last few years is not exactly a story no one is aware of. That's not a good look when Windows Store is in all but name a new iteration of Games for Windows. The fact they didn't code in a shim and import all the old GfW games sold with that store and ensure they work with the current xbox app does not inspire confidence. Publishers devoting resources to patching games from GfW to Steam makes it very clear where they see games on PC continuing to be sold and supported into the future.

The used a currency changeover to steal money (credit) from people rather than making it carry over honestly. They can say that the Windows Store credit "do not expire" but that's exactly what they said about MS Points until they changed the rules by making existing MSP balances worthless and the conversion process attach an expiry date. And that's before we talk about every other failed store venture they've tried and then given up in the last decade. So why would we trust MS to honour the purchases we make? They have a history of deception and attempting to renege on providing store platforms for permanent digital purchases.

I mean, I've got Windows Store content. Just like I'll reach for uPlay or Origin or anything else if the price is right and I'm going to treat it more like an extended rental offer than buying the game to own it. I'm not saying no one should use the store, people should go ahead and use any store they like (makes no difference to me), but there is hardly a spotless record here of MS not messing this up that doesn't make some PC gamers rather uncomfortable with the idea of blindly trusting this purchase is anything other than renting the game on PC until the point where MS walk away again and (potentially) leave the game non-functional. When people express unease at using this store and desire for it being on a different store/ecosystem/DRM platform, it's not like there aren't good reasons for that.

ArtisanBreads

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

I don't' care for a second about Windows store business.

49th

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

That sounds great, I guess I will start paying attention to this game now.

sammo21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 45

All I could think? God, I'm going to sell my Xbox One now...

ds9143

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By ds9143

@shivoa: Yeah, I still can't play GTA IV because i don't have a GfWL login that works, that I remember my credentials for, and Rockstar can't be bothered to remove the GfWL code, so I can't play the game, lol. So for that reason I won't touch Quantum Break (or Recore or KI, presumably) with a 10 foot pole.

It sucks, but I actually might end up buying an Xbox One eventually (whens its 250 or less) and play it then, instead of using my 1800 dollar PC. But man, between the absurdly steep recommend system specs, which makes no sense for a game that runs on a 300 dollar console, and forced vsync with no multi-gpu support, I don't know how Microsoft can keep a straight face when claiming they care about PC gaming.

Hayt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By Hayt

Hmm yeah after reading into the Windows store and how it works the full arc of this story has become: Quantum Break is on PC but not in a way that's worth buying so it might as well still be an exclusive.

Avatar image for nashvilleskyline
    Nashvilleskyline

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hayt: The way the windows 10 works right now is probably temporary. My guess is that at some point, you won't have to leave the xbox app on windows 10 to buy the game. Right now you launch your windows 10 games directly from the xbox app, but you still need to go the windows 10 store page to "buy it and install it". It's not that much of problem. 2 months ago, there were no windows 10 section in the xbox app...now there is. You can see latest releases directly from the app...without having to go the windows 10.

ez123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hayt said:

Hmm yeah after reading into the Windows store and how it works the full arc of this story has become: Quantum Break is on PC but not in a way that's worth buying so it might as well still be an exclusive.

Great games are worth buying. This game will have to wait a while but something that's guaranteed great like Killer Instinct is a day one buy worth more than pretty much any game that can be modded, have its ini files tinkered with, etc.

korwin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ez123 said:
    @hayt said:

any game that can be modded, have its ini files tinkered with, etc.

Unless it's a windows store app.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a55abbb2b8a9
    deactivated-5a55abbb2b8a9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Suprised to see people are hyped for this being on Win 10 only. Personally I think Win 10 is terrible. I'll eventually get this on Xbox One when it drops down in price, and stick with Win 7. Looks real pretty, but seems to be just a cover shooter with some time powers.

Hayt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ez123: I think a game would be have to be really, really good to give up functionality as basic as being able to control how it handles fullscreen mode, vsync and mutliple GPUs. Those aren't minor quibbles. For many users those significantly screw up their set up and for what purpose? So Microsoft has ultimate control of your experience? As for the minor quibbles they also seem to be there for no reason. Why can't I run this with an overlay? Why can't change the .ini? It seems to in no way serve the user so fuck it, I'm not willing to engage.

ez123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By ez123

@thesecondagent: There's probably some DX12 hype, which is for Win 10 only.

@hayt: To me personally, they're minor compared to the game itself. But this is coming from someone who thinks highly of MS first party games. Some people can easily avoid KI(or the rumored Forza Horizon 3 O.O) and be fine with it, I ain't that person!

Borderless windowed being forced is bad, especially since it affects framerate but the gaf thread that was linked to had a post that said that the app version of Tomb Raider runs better so I don't know what's going on there.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.