Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Pyro

Character » appears in 10 games

The Pyro is a character in the Team Fortress franchise. His ability to move quickly and disrupt large groups of enemies with his flamethrower makes him an ideal offensive character. He wears a gas mask and is often said to have a funny voice.

Recent update to Pyros

Hamz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By Hamz

Anyone else a little annoyed with Valve for removing the health bonus from the Backburner flamethrower in the recent July 29th update? Pyro's used to have 225 health when using the Backburner which was pretty good because it allowed us to be more offensive. But now we're back to the usual 175 which is a bummer because we don't survive long enough to get close to enemies. Atleast with the increased health we could take a few hits and still live long enough to cause some havoc. Now we go back to like it was before where we die after only a few hits.

Damn you Valve!

TheGTAvaccine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By TheGTAvaccine

I think they shouldnt have COMPLETELY dropped the health bonus, maybe half of it, or 3/4ths of it, but yeah I was shocked when I found this out.

Systech

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By Systech

What's with? Pyro is useless to me now.

BiffMcBlumpkin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By BiffMcBlumpkin

Good. The Pyros were out of control.

xruntime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By xruntime

I think this is perfectly fair, and will separate the newbie pyros (the ones that relied on the health boost to ensure that they don't die when they charge head - on using the backburner, a weapon that Valve has explicitly called an ambush weapon). Now it is truly an ambush weapon, and the crits from the back is a definite advantage. I think all the pyros are just pissed they no longer are a charging tank.

Demilich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Demilich
    systech said:
    "What's with? Pyro is useless to me now.
    "
    You should an-hero right now.

This is a great thing for everyone, even Pyro's. Now we can ditch the shitty Backburner.
    Rowr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Rowr

The games ruined until they get a better update system.

Playing a team game with 80% of people in the server farming pyros is shithouse.

And the achievements are ridiculous for unlocking new stuff. Its not an MMO, and i am not going to grind.

Demilich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Demilich

Then go play Call of Duty.

PerfectRad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By PerfectRad

Problem with pyro was that it had the second most health and yet was one of the fastest classes.  Completely unbalanced.  Before the patch, I remember seeing every game with at least 3 pyros on the team

Demilich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Demilich

I just played TF2 til 7am. Pyro is better than ever. The game is more fun now.

Hamz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Hamz

The problem with the Backburner now is its become rather crap compared to the default flamethrower which has the added bonus of the "leaf blower" ability. The critical hits from behind thing is useless at the moment because hit detection for it is bugged. Assuming Valve fix it and make the hit detection similar to the Spy backstab where you need to be behind but not directly behind then i can still see use for the Backburner.

I have to admit that i was pissed they removed the health bonus but thinking about it i'd like Valve to either do as i said above and fix the hit detection or make the Backburner have a longer "burning" period when you catch players on fire. That would atleast make it a more deadly yet fair gun. Because even with the critical hits many players are complaining its unfair since its an automatic critical which drops heavies in seconds.

Demilich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Demilich

Spies can backstab from the side and top. Backburner affects only the direct back. That's not a bug, it's the way they are.

lucas_kelly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By lucas_kelly

I would have preferred if they kept it but It doesn't matter too much. 

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.