Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

PUBG: Battlegrounds

Game » consists of 3 releases. Released Mar 23, 2017

A survival-shooter led by the modder behind the Battle Royale mods for the ArmA series. It is one of the progenitors of the "battle royale" sub-genre, pitting 100 players in a large empty location where they must scavenge for weapons and fight to the death.

PUBG cheaters in 2022, yep still a thing. Even more so because it's now F2P

ArmoredMachine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By ArmoredMachine

So, I was browsing on the forum and I saw this post from 4 years ago. ๐Ÿ‘‡

[PUBG Cheating Is Out Of Control - PUBG: Battlegrounds - Giant Bomb]

---

So I decided to check if after 4 years, after PUBG has gone free to play in January 2022, [Gamespot article link: PUBG Sees 486% Growth In Players After F2P Switch - GameSpot]

If cheaters are still a thing.

Answer? well, it very much is.

Here's an example from Reddit: [Too many cheaters these days (SEA) video]

Screenshot from a June Reddit post r/PUBATTLEGROUNDS
    Screenshot from a June Reddit post r/PUBATTLEGROUNDS

and I'll also add a quote from some of the comments:

Guys seriously. If PUBG doesnโ€™t do something about the hackers situation in SEA, they are the only people that are going to be left to be playing on the server. All multiplayer games, except a couple maybe, have hackers but the situation on SEA on PUBG is just wild! Iโ€™m a fan of the game and given so much time to the game but itโ€™s so unfair to the loyal player base that has to face this every single day.

and here's another related comment:

Itโ€™d be really nice if they actually lived up to their anti-cheat promises and at least tried. No multiplayer game is ever free of hackers, but when they decided to make it available for free, the anti-cheat should have been tested and have been live. The hackers have caused plenty of streamers to drift away from playing PUBG specifically because of how unplayable it is on SEA.

As far as my personal experience goes with cheaters, people claim that the most notorious ones are always (mostly?) in the southeast Asia region. They claim it's mostly either Chinese, Vietnamese, or other Asians, especially since news like these happened in March 2021:

[Police bust 'world's biggest' video-game-cheat operation - BBC News]

A collaborative effort between Chinese police and gaming giant Tencent has led to the closure of what police say is the biggest ever video-game-cheat operation.

The gang designed and sold cheats to popular video games, including Overwatch and Call of Duty Mobile.

Roughly $76m (ยฃ55m) in revenue was made by the organisation which charged a subscription fee to clients.

Police seized assets worth $46m, including several luxury cars.

In my opinion, really, cheaters could be anyone, but there are certain groups of people to syndicate like this and run a massive operation. ๐Ÿ› 

I'm also thinking of another comparison too, since PUBG and Counter-Strike: Global Offensive, are both F2P games now, they both have cheaters until now.

So what do you dudes think? ๐Ÿ˜Ž

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.