Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Prince of Persia

Game » consists of 21 releases. Released Dec 02, 2008

A 2008 entry into the Prince of Persia franchise titled simply "Prince of Persia", this game stars an all-new Prince as he teams up with the mysterious Elika to fight Ahriman and cleanse the world of his corruption.

Look at POP, and Elika Speaks real Persian!

LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

Edited By LiquidPrince

So far the game is EPIC. It's actually harder then most people think it will be, but I'm a seasoned POP player so I'm not having any trouble. I thought it woul be interesting to actually de-mystify this but, Elika speaks REAL Persian in the game. I know, because I am Persian. When ever you use the cmpass power she says:

Roshan Knon - Light the way!
    Masero neshan bedeh - Show me the path!
    Khojah bayad berim - Where are we to go?
    Masero roashan knon - Light the Path!

I was fairly surprised by this. Anyways, I'll keep an update on anymore real Persian influences, other then the Zorastrian ones.

LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By LiquidPrince

So far the game is EPIC. It's actually harder then most people think it will be, but I'm a seasoned POP player so I'm not having any trouble. I thought it woul be interesting to actually de-mystify this but, Elika speaks REAL Persian in the game. I know, because I am Persian. When ever you use the cmpass power she says:

Roshan Knon - Light the way!
    Masero neshan bedeh - Show me the path!
    Khojah bayad berim - Where are we to go?
    Masero roashan knon - Light the Path!

I was fairly surprised by this. Anyways, I'll keep an update on anymore real Persian influences, other then the Zorastrian ones.

Arkthemaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Arkthemaniac

So many PoP threads by you, so little time . . .

LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By LiquidPrince
    Arkthemaniac said:
    "So many PoP threads by you, so little time . . ."
    They're all blog posts. I can't help it if they end up on this page...

Snail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#4  Edited By Snail

Now I'm just scared of you

Avatar image for deactivated-612140337177a
    deactivated-612140337177a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

Heh, leave it up to ubisoft to get things correct eh? :D I've decided to get PoP as that christmas gift I was pondering about.

Just read an article about Elika getting a "Jade" (BG&E) outfit to go with the prince getting that altair outfit, nifty as hell.

Arkthemaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#6  Edited By Arkthemaniac

You actually can say you don't want it on the forums if I remember right. I wasn't knocking you. I was observing astutely.

pause422

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By pause422

You actually can help that it does end up here. Also, no, the game isn't difficult at all. I saw the otherday though by some footage and could of sworn she didn't say anything like that, but that's kinda cool.

efrucht

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 4

#8  Edited By efrucht

Like I needed another reason to buy this game! I'm nabbing this first thing tomorrow.

Unreal_dro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Unreal_dro
    LiquidPrince said:
    "Arkthemaniac said:

"
    Actually you can.
    stop spamming and go play the game if youre that excited
    LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By LiquidPrince
    Unreal_dro said:
    "LiquidPrince said:
    "Arkthemaniac said:

"
    Actually you can.
    stop spamming and go play the game if youre that excited
    "

I'm not spamming anything. I blog it and send it to the appropriate section. It's not your business to tell me what spamming is, especially when you get it wrong. Spamming would be continuously posting useless information in order to get your post count up, or to annoy others. I'm trying to express my enjoyment of the game in SURPRISE the correct gaming forum as well as inform others of some of my findings. You don't like it, then stay out of my threads.

Icil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Icil

Keep posting, LiquidPrince. If this game is worth all these posts to you, then by god you should share.

LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By LiquidPrince
    Icil said:
    "Keep posting, LiquidPrince. If this game is worth all these posts to you, then by god you should share."
    Thanks.

I will be posting my reviews in the off topic forums, so anyone who wants to see it should either go through my blog or go to that forum. I'm tired of people complaining in my total TWO Prince of Persia related theads/blogs... Not counting the review blog.

So look for it there later in the week if your interested.

KamasamaK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#13  Edited By KamasamaK

So, what do you think of Drake...err...the Prince so far?

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#14  Edited By jakob187
    LiquidPrince said:
    "Icil said:
    "Keep posting, LiquidPrince. If this game is worth all these posts to you, then by god you should share."
    Thanks.

I will be posting my reviews in the off topic forums, so anyone who wants to see it should either go through my blog or go to that forum. I'm tired of people complaining in my total TWO Prince of Persia related theads/blogs... Not counting the review blog.

"
    Better idea:  compile all of your stuff together over the course of a day, then post it up so we can get a complete look at what you have to say rather than fragmented views.
    I hate fragmented views.  lol
    LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By LiquidPrince
    jakob187 said:
    "LiquidPrince said:
    "Icil said:
    Thanks.

"
    Better idea:  compile all of your stuff together over the course of a day, then post it up so we can get a complete look at what you have to say rather than fragmented views.
    "

That's what I'm planning on doing once I beat the game. Look for it in my blog or in the off topic forum.

LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By LiquidPrince
    jakob187 said:
    "LiquidPrince said:
    "Icil said:
    Thanks.

"
    "

That's what I'm planning on doing once I beat the game. Look for it in my blog or in the off topic forum.
    mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 6

#17  Edited By mike

If you don't want your blog posts published to forums, simply navigate away from the page when it gives you the option to choose which forum to copy it to.

LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By LiquidPrince
    MB said:
    "If you don't want your blog posts published to forums, simply navigate away from the page when it gives you the option to choose which forum to copy it to."

Will do. Although I deleted one of my blogs and moved it over to this thread so its all fine and dandy.
    Keeng

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 3

#19  Edited By Keeng

I don't speak the language but that's pretty cool. It makes the game seem like it has some sense of actually taking place in the world they say it does. I felt the same way about a lot of the art in the last gen PoP games.

SpinCookie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 4

#20  Edited By SpinCookie

Seems really cool that they got that stuff right, I can't wait to pick this up today.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d7bd9e4bef30
    deactivated-5d7bd9e4bef30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

What language is Persian? Do you mean Farsi?

LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By LiquidPrince
    TeflonBilly said:
    "What language is Persian? Do you mean Farsi?"
    Yup.
    Avatar image for deactivated-5d7bd9e4bef30
    deactivated-5d7bd9e4bef30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That's a cool extra. You may be a bit overzealous, but it's nice to see someone excited of a game and having it meet your expectations.
    As I stated earlier, I hope they leak out a demo or something so I can try it to see if I'll pick it up and bump it up my ever growing backlog.

daniel_beck_90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#24  Edited By daniel_beck_90

Marvelous blog post , well done  LiquidPrince .
    I never knew you are Persian !!!  , that is really cool  . so are other segments of the game Persian as well ?  (like outfits and musics and on )

LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By LiquidPrince
    daniel_beck_90 said:
    "Marvelous blog post , well done  LiquidPrince .
    I never knew you are Persian !!!  , that is really cool  . so are other segments of the game Persian as well ?  (like outfits and musics and on )
    "

Well the term Arihman actually literally means corruption in olden Farsi, and there is one boo boo. Ormazd's real name is supposed to be Arhuramazd, and Ubisoft separated it by calling the people the Ahura and the God Ormazd. The vest type thing the Prince wears is also Persian influenced. I'll call as I see 'em!

daniel_beck_90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By daniel_beck_90
    LiquidPrince said:
    "daniel_beck_90 said:
    "Marvelous blog post , well done  LiquidPrince .
    "

Well the term Arihman actually literally means corruption in olden Farsi, and there is one boo boo. Ormazd's real name is supposed to be Arhuramazd, and Ubisoft separated it by calling the people the Ahura and the God Ormazd. The vest type thing the Prince wears is also Persian influenced. I'll call as I see 'em!

"
    thanks for the info , that was nice to hear
    KamasamaK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#27  Edited By KamasamaK

Was my question purposely ignored, or are you waiting for the final review to reveal that information? He seems like an interesting (and somewhat familiar) character from what I've seen.

LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By LiquidPrince
    Kamasama said:
    "Was my question purposely ignored, or are you waiting for the final review to reveal that information? He seems like an interesting (and somewhat familiar) character from what I've seen."
    Oh sorry, I didn't see your question first time around. The Prince is actually a really good character. He's one of those kind of guys that is laid back, and sort of lazy, wanting the quick way out, really cool, but when the situation arrives he goes to the task full on. He's a bit harsh at times, but there are moments where he looks at Elika and they just pause for a moment, and as the game goes on you see how he becomes more affectionate. He cracks jokes as well, and their actually pretty funny. For example, his first line when he see's the temple holding Ahriman is "You guys worship a tree...?" The delivery was perfect.  As for Nolan North's actual performance, he does an excellent job. As a person who's actually Persian, I'm glad they didn't give him a sterotypical voice and instead used a good voice actor. Anything more specific you wanna know, just ask.

hazelnutman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 1

#29  Edited By hazelnutman

I never knew you could speak Persian either! :o

Must be cool to be able to pick up things in the game exclusive to your language abilities.

LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By LiquidPrince
    hazelnutman said:
    "I never knew you could speak Persian either! :o

Must be cool to be able to pick up things in the game exclusive to your language abilities."

Yeah, it's pretty cool =)

dj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#31  Edited By dj

I love the look of this game, I really wanna check it out.

The_Icon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By The_Icon

Really? Thats awesome. I just hope the game was more challenging. If you had to go with Fallout 3 or POP, which one would u have bought?

Avatar image for deactivated-61da50756e1e4
    deactivated-61da50756e1e4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

does she use street slang though? "dayyyyyuummmm break a ****n' molotov priunce! i cant see SHIUT! lite da path motha ****a!"

daniel_beck_90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By daniel_beck_90
    Champy said:
    "does she use street slang though? "dayyyyyuummmm break a ****n' molotov priunce! i cant see SHIUT! lite da path motha ****a!""
    lol
    LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By LiquidPrince
    The_Icon said:
    "Really? Thats awesome. I just hope the game was more challenging. If you had to go with Fallout 3 or POP, which one would u have bought?"
    The game really isn't all that easy. I believe the correct way to put it is that it isn't FRUSTRATING. Imagine everytime you died or jumped off a cliff you had to press retry and wait for it to load. That would be frustrating. This game destroys that frustration and just makes it a more enjoyable experience. Also, I'd easily pick Prince of Persia over Fallout. I like quality gameplay, mixed with quality story, and Fallout just doesn't do that for me.

pause422

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By pause422

Compared to the last PoP trilogy the story in this one is extremely generic in every possible way....I don't see how you could call that "quality" story, while not calling Fallout quality story, when there are so many extra things that are given attention to detail in Fallout to tell you backstory on nearly everything. The platforming feels very good I'll agree, and combat looks great, just I don't find very fun to actually do since its so easy(the combat), but it looks great for sure.

LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By LiquidPrince
    pause422 said:
    "Compared to the last PoP trilogy the story in this one is extremely generic in every possible way....I don't see how you could call that "quality" story, while not calling Fallout quality story, when there are so many extra things that are given attention to detail in Fallout to tell you backstory on nearly everything. The platforming feels very good I'll agree, and combat looks great, just I don't find very fun to actually do since its so easy(the combat), but it looks great for sure."

Like I said, I don''t find it easy, it's just not frustrating. Anyways, the story in Prince of Persia is QUALITY... If you use the on demand dialog button you can get so much back story on anything from Elika and the Prince's past all the way to the area's you are in or the enemies and so on. I just finished the game and am on my second playthrough. My review should be up shortly.

Lunarbunny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Lunarbunny
    The_Icon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By The_Icon
    LiquidPrince said:
    "So far the game is EPIC. It's actually harder then most people think it will be, but I'm a seasoned POP player so I'm not having any trouble. I thought it woul be interesting to actually de-mystify this but, Elika speaks REAL Persian in the game. I know, because I am Persian. When ever you use the cmpass power she says:Roshan Knon - Light the way!Masero neshan bedeh - Show me the path!Khojah bayad berim - Where are we to go?Masero roashan knon - Light the Path!I was fairly surprised by this. Anyways, I'll keep an update on anymore real Persian influences, other then the Zorastrian ones."
    Thats great man!
    gike987

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By gike987
    pause422 said:
    "Compared to the last PoP trilogy the story in this one is extremely generic in every possible way....I don't see how you could call that "quality" story, while not calling Fallout quality story, when there are so many extra things that are given attention to detail in Fallout to tell you backstory on nearly everything. The platforming feels very good I'll agree, and combat looks great, just I don't find very fun to actually do since its so easy(the combat), but it looks great for sure."
    Fallout 3s story isn't quality. It's about as much quality as the Oblivion story. The only reason it has a story is to give you a reason to have fun in the post apocalyptic world. And most of the background story that exists from the old Fallout games. The main plot I won't even talk about. That to say I still think Fallout  3 I's pretty fun. But if I want a good RPG story I go and play a BioWare game.
    The story in PoP I think is ok, not the best but it's good enogh. The thing I think this game did great was the way it utilised the medium to tell the story.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.