Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Prey 2

Game » consists of 0 releases.

Prey 2 was the follow-up to Human Head's first-person shooter Prey. Bethesda confirmed the game's cancelation on October 30, 2014.

Why did Prey 2 get snubbed by awards?

Mentalnova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Mentalnova

I thought it was game of show. Beautiful graphics, great animations, cool gadgets, meaty demo shows it will play great with cover and parkour system too. 

Did any relevant site give it any awards? I don't think Bioshock: Infinite should of won in Prey 2's categories.

Avatar image for randominternetuser
    RandomInternetUser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Did you see the full 15 minute Bioshock: Infinite gameplay yet?  It was pretty amazing too, and these news sites got to see that at E3.  I do agree that Prey 2 looked pretty amazing.  Possibly more-so than Bioshock simple because I prefer that sci-fi setting.

theoldhouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By theoldhouse

It looked great but that 15 minute demo of bioshock infinite looked better to a lot of people myself included. 

MannyMAR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By MannyMAR

I think it didn't get recognized more was due to the game being demoed for the press before E3. Which probably diminished its impact whereas that section of Bioshock Infinite wasn't shown until the show.

That's my guess anyway.

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

#5  Edited By Hailinel

Bioshock Infinite just impressed a lot more people in the press. As for myself, I'm still baffled at some of the decisions that they've made in Prey 2. Like...pretty much making it absolutely nothing like Prey.

Cold_Wolven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Cold_Wolven

Yeah the Prey 2 demo was very impressive to me and should have been at least a nominee in a few categories. Far Cry 3 was the same and didn't even get nominated and while the Bioshock Infinite demo was impressive I'm questioning whether it deserved all those awards.It even got best PC game which is a joke as far as I'm concerned.

Mentalnova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Mentalnova

I just hope the devs don't take it as an insult since E3 2010 Ghost Recon: Future Soldier got snubbed and now the 2011 version looks worse.

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Hailinel

@Mentalnova said:

I just hope the devs don't take it as an insult since E3 2010 Ghost Recon: Future Soldier got snubbed and now the 2011 version looks worse.

And how did that game get snubbed?

Joru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Joru
    @Hailinel: It's also the smartest thing they could do. 

People are immediately dismissive of Prey 2 because of what the first Prey was. I think it looks great though.
    EuanDewar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#10  Edited By EuanDewar

@Hailinel said:

Bioshock Infinite just impressed a lot more people in the press. As for myself, I'm still baffled at some of the decisions that they've made in Prey 2. Like...pretty much making it absolutely nothing like Prey.

Im sure many people would argue that is the best decision they could have made.

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Hailinel

@EuanDewar said:

@Hailinel said:

Then why even call it Prey 2?

Slaker117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 11

#12  Edited By Slaker117

The Infinite demo was pretty incredible and people are probably a bit wary of Prey 2 because of the previous release, even if this one is completely different.

penguindust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#13  Edited By penguindust

Don't you know?  It's because Bioshock Infinite has big boobs in it.  Everyone's talking about them.  Prey 2 just suffered from a lack of eye-catching cleavage. 

Avatar image for deactivated-5a00c029ab7c1
    deactivated-5a00c029ab7c1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Bioshock series is overated even infinite I'll give credit to the unique worlds they create there great at that but what I don't care for is the way the weapons feel and look  in the original Bioshock they didn't feel fun to use and the sound effects where weak  the characters are to over the top and are just silly at times. I don't care for them it looks to be similar in infinite to.But anyway I don't care if Prey 2 didn't win any awards the game from what I seen so far the universe and gameplay appeals to me not like Bioshock.

BabyChooChoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#15  Edited By BabyChooChoo
    @Hailinel said:

@EuanDewar said:

@Hailinel said:

Then why even call it Prey 2?

That is EXACTLY what I was thinking.

"Guys, no one liked the first game so we're going to make something 100% completely different. We're going to distance ourselves from it as far as we can!"
    "So what are we calling it?"
    "Prey 2."
    DG991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#16  Edited By DG991

Imo... bioshock isn't that great

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By NTM

If we're talking about the difference between why Bioshock deserves more awards in editors hearts, it because it not only looked great, but brings a lot of questions as to what will happen in it, while Prey 2 didn't as much. I'm looking forward to Prey 2 a lot, simply for the fact it looks like Blade Runner in ways. 

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.