Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

PlayStation Vita

Platform »

PlayStation Vita is Sony's second handheld gaming device.

Trade your Vita for a slice of pizza

Kidavenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 90

User Lists: 33

#1  Edited By Kidavenger

http://www.pizzapizza.ca/earthmonth/

It's funny that a local pizza joint has declared Vita to be "end of life" and that it's only worth a slice of cheese or pepperoni pizza, definitely not meat lovers.

beargirl1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 24

A slice of Pizza Pizza pepperoni at that. They'd have to give me a Vita to eat a slice of their pizza

echasketchers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 6

Is this an April Fools joke? If legit, that's amazing.

71Ranchero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

As fun as it is to do the whole "Vita lol" thing, they will also give you a slice of pizza for a 3DS.

bigsocrates

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

@71ranchero: yeah this is also not about what the device is "worth" it is about recycling electronics you are done with. They will take a variety of devices, including modern smart phones

Making fun of Vita is fun, but this is not really saying anything about the Vita it's an environmental marketing thing.

dagas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#6  Edited By dagas

NEVER! I love the Vita and I don't get the hate. It is maybe the most underrated console in a long time. Compared to the 3DS I've played my Vita probably 20 times more! I've never played a handheld as much as I've played Vita. LOVE VITA!

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

#7  Edited By Justin258

@dagas said:

NEVER! I love the Vita and I don't get the hate. It is maybe the most underrated console in a long time. Compared to the 3DS I've played my Vita probably 20 times more! I've never played a handheld as much as I've played Vita. LOVE VITA!

Just out of curiosity - what do you/did you play on the Vita? Other than games that originally released on the PS1, PS2, or PSP? The Vita has a fantastic feel to it and the screen looks fantastic, but I just never found much to play on it. I know a bunch of indie games got ported to it (stuff like Axiom Verge, Spelunky, and Rogue Legacy), but most of the time I would rather play those on the big screen.

EDIT: Worth noting, I did find the Vita pretty damn useful for some PSP games that I missed, along with the occasional PS1 game. But I spent most of my time with the Vita playing Persona 4 Golden and Final Fantasy IV.

csl316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

My Spelunky machine? Hell no!

The_Nubster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 1

@dagas said:

Just out of curiosity - what do you/did you play on the Vita? Other than games that originally released on the PS1, PS2, or PSP? The Vita has a fantastic feel to it and the screen looks fantastic, but I just never found much to play on it. I know a bunch of indie games got ported to it (stuff like Axiom Verge, Spelunky, and Rogue Legacy), but most of the time I would rather play those on the big screen.

EDIT: Worth noting, I did find the Vita pretty damn useful for some PSP games that I missed, along with the occasional PS1 game. But I spent most of my time with the Vita playing Persona 4 Golden and Final Fantasy IV.

it's always seemed to me that it fell into the same trap as the PSP, which is trying to be a console in handheld format, rather than being an interesting handheld. It was just strong enough to tempt developers into trying to make a traditional experience, as opposed to embracing the uniqueness of the features. Aside from a few games, like Frobisher or Tearaway, most games seemed like they would have led better lives on a machine with some more power behind them.

ripelivejam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@csl316: you mean TxK machine ;)

i would never want to disappoint jeff minter or his llamas.

Avatar image for themanwithnoplan
    TheManWithNoPlan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

I love pizza, but I also like my vita. Hmmmmm.....

Fredchuckdave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Does this work in reverse? Vitas are still worth a lot in general; I'd like one for cheap so I can play like 200 PS+ games that I technically own.

Luchalma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The Vita is definitely an underrated piece of electronics. The hardware is fantastic. And the library of games it can play is amazing. Even if the indie games were the only thing worth playing on it (and that's not true at all), the beauty of having a game like Spelunky in portable form cannot be overstated.

But pizza's real good too, y'all.

csl316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#14  Edited By csl316

@csl316: you mean TxK machine ;)

i would never want to disappoint jeff minter or his llamas.

TxK was an illegal game!

slyspider

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Can that pizza play persona 4 golden?

Cky4890

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Is salt and sanctuary framerate better on a Pizza? Coz if so...

Shindig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Trade the vitas in and make major profit. Unless they are artisonal pizza slices.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.