Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

PlayStation Vita

Platform »

PlayStation Vita is Sony's second handheld gaming device.

February Vita lineup and upcoming titles

BlackLagoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

Edited By BlackLagoon

So we're on to February, a bit late as I tried to do a bit of clean-up and move some a few older titles that look abandoned into the Vaporware category. But still, here is my list of current and upcoming titles for the PlayStation Vita is still monthly. As usual this list is focused on the North American market, with Europe and Japan exclusive titles in their own sections below.

Looking at this months releases, it's download only, but Berserk and the Band of the Hawk is still a full retail sized game from Warriors developer Omega Force. Beyond that, we have a port of the 2006 PC action RPG Ys Origin, futuristic metroidvania Forma.8, and indie horror game Uncanny Valley. As always there are bound to be more game releases revealed as the month goes on.

On to new game announcements, Bandai has been doing well with the SAO anime games, so it's no surprise they're brining over the most recent one that crosses over with another franchise Accel World VS Sword Art Online. Atlus USA revealed a one-two punch by localizing story heavy SRPG Utawarerumono: Mask Of Deception and its sequel Utawarerumono: Mask Of Truth. NISA confirmed the very much expected Danganronpa V3: Killing Harmony, which is a bit of a reboot for the franchise. And DRPG developer Experience announced they're releasing Stranger of Sword City Revisited, and expanded version of the game NISA brought over last year. Additionally visual novel Dies Irae meat its Kickstarter goal for a Vita version, a port of the digital version of the classic board game Talisman is on the way, another exciting agricultural update with Farming Simulator 18, as well as a bunch of indies as usual.

Over in Japan, Experience decided to move a bit outside of the comfort zone with horror adventure Death Mark. And Nippon Ichi looks like they're taking a stab at that Danganronpa money with "death game adventure" Exile Election (lets hope it does better than Idol Death Game TV.)

And we're done! Next month is Toukiden 2 time. (Though apparently the Vita version has some performance problems so I'll post an anime overload trailer for Akiba’s Beat as well.)

February

Download

Upcoming

Retail releases

Downloads

Unconfirmed

Vaporware

• Orc Attack - Console version released Oct 2013. No news of the Vita version.
    • Starbound - PC version is having development problems, making the Vita port unlikely to happen.
    • C-Wars - Retro RTS thing (abandoned in early access since Mar 2016)
    • SilverQuest: Gaiden - Previously MiniFlake (abandoned in early access since Mar 2016)
    • Smash Derby - Indie vehicle combat arena (no updates, removed from developers page)
    • A Clumsy Adventure - Indie platformer (dev website down, no twitter updates since Dec 2015)
    • Action Henk - Physics puzzle runner? (Vita not listed on homepage, PS4 came out in Mar 2016)
    • Ascension: Chronicle of the God Slayer - Card game (no updates since original annoucement Aug 2014)

Europe

(Titles out in Europe with no American release announced.)

Japan

(Japanese titles from the last 2 years that have yet to be announced for western release)

Upcoming

Retail (released)

Download (released)

Zevvion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 2

Did you write all that and added all those links?!

I've written some more stuff on this site than I probably should have, but man, you must really appreciate the Vita. From the looks of it, I may have given up on my Vita before it did.

BlackLagoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

@zevvion: All of this was written by me yes, though I've been updating this list on a monthly basis since 2012, so I didn't do it all at once. But it's become a habit, and somewhat motivated by spite for everyone who declared the Vita dead months after it was released. Anyway I'm still fond of my Vita, though I mainly use it for visual novels and dungeon crawler RPGs. Amusingly there's more of those coming to the Vita now than there was during the first years!

Avatar image for zkowaliczko1994
    zkowaliczko1994

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By zkowaliczko1994

Mad respect for doing this BlackLagoon. It's good to see that my beloved vita has still got a lot of life left in it.

TheWildCard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

Mad respect for doing this BlackLagoon. It's good to see that my beloved vita has still got a lot of life left in it.

Yep! 2017 is looking pretty solid. Hope Ys Origin plays well on Vita.

Avatar image for zkowaliczko1994
    zkowaliczko1994

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thewildcard: I don't regret selling my 3DS to buy my vita for a second!

TheWildCard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#6  Edited By TheWildCard
    Avatar image for bowl-of-lentils
    Bowl-of-Lentils

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 28

#7  Edited By Bowl-of-Lentils

Really cool that there are still so many good looking titles coming to the Vita in the near future. Utawarerumono and Danganronpa V3 are the two games looking forward to the most and Tokyo Xanadu, but I'll most likely be waiting for the PS4 release because of the extra content and better framrate. Currently I'm working my way through Trails of Cold Steel II and Half-Genie Hero.

Reasonance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Just a correction: Rabi-Ribi is a metroidvania [http://store.steampowered.com/app/400910/]

I got Vita recently [old oled one] and I must say I got really fond of it really fast.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.