Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

PlayStation Home

Game » consists of 1 releases. Released Dec 11, 2008

PlayStation Home was a social games network where PSN users could play games and socialize. Home saw a refocus in Fall 2011 in North America and Europe that put more emphasis on games than social spaces.

Does anyone here use Playstation Home?

• 60 results
    shrig32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#51  Edited By shrig32

The best game is when you pretend to be a 15 year old girl, I found. I really do feel sorry for the girls that use this =( Full of creeps.

Avatar image for raccoonusdoodus
    raccoonusdoodus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#52  Edited By raccoonusdoodus

I occasionally visit it when I'm really bored or waiting for something to download. There are some good things about it, or, one good thing actually: some of the 'game-spaces' include things you wouldn't find in the actually game. The best example is the inFamous game-space. If you don't already know, in inFamous, there or occasional news broadcasts on what's happening and messages from the Voice of Survival on televisions around the city. But in the inFamous space, there's a huge tv that shows news casts and Voice of Survival broadcasts that take place before/at the beginning of the game, which you never see in the game.  There's also telephone numbers written on the walls of the space in graffiti, and if you go to a telephone in the game space and put them in, you hear messages from people living in Empire City.

There are things similar to that in other spaces too, Like the Resistance 2 space and the Resident Evil 5 space. But, that kind of stuff is only interesting if you're way into those games. That's really the only thing about Home that I like. Other than that, it's boring, everything's over priced, and it's just plain stupid.

mdsteil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#53  Edited By mdsteil

Tried it once, experienced odd pop-in and eventual console freeze, never tried again lol

lolicanseeyou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54  Edited By lolicanseeyou
    @TheSeductiveMoose said:
    "

Nope.

"
    Winterblink

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#55  Edited By Winterblink

One of the new updates to Home was advertised as improving startup speeds after the first logon you make post-patch. This is somewhat true, the client no longer sits around at a load screen before actually getting into the caching of content part. It's still slow as hell to log on in my opinion, but at least it's a bit faster. 

Andorski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#56  Edited By Andorski

I tried it right when the service came out.  Then I tried it again during E309 when they broadcasted the Sony conference (which didn't work for me).

In short, Home is a chat system where guys hit on guys that have girl avatars.

Roundtree_X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By Roundtree_X

Yes....if you log in not thinking your gonna jump into GTA lite. But I LOT has been added. If you go then now the Sony E3 booth is there to walk around in....there are a lot of mini-games in it that make sense, but you gotta find them.... explore it one good time (and yes it much bigger the just the plaza.)...  

MooseyMcMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#58  Edited By MooseyMcMan

I tried it once when they first launched it (or the public beta or whatever it was). It was super boring and pointless, so I just deleted it. 

stinky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#59  Edited By stinky

i feel Sony was really talking down to people when they made this.  
    throwing the eye candy of a 3D world out for users thinking people weren't smart enough to figure out it had no purpose

Quacktastic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By Quacktastic

I check it out every few months, it seems like they add new stuff pretty often.  You check out the mini-games and see what stuff you can unlock, but then there isn't much else to do.  Mostly it seems like it's a chatroom for 14 year olds to try and hit on each other.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.