Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

PlayStation 2

Platform »

Sony's PlayStation 2 is the second home video game console produced by Sony Computer Entertainment Incorporated, and to date is the best-selling home console of all time, with an install base of 150 million units since its launch.

PS2 games come to PS4 tomorrow starting with 8 titles.

• 158 results
    Ericjasonwade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@devil240z: @darkfury:

Yea I just don't get how the people at Sony or any company for that matter don't see this. And people can poke holes all over trophies but for me, especially in the case of re-releases/remasters, it gives you a reason to go back to these titles. I'm hoping this first set of titles is like a test run for the future releases and I know this is no perfect estimate but on psnprofiles.com it compares how may people earned trophies in game and how many people own the game to create rarity percentages and last time I checked the owners of GTA Vice City is sub 500. That doesn't seem like a lot in the grand scheme of things. I'd imagine that the future of them progressing much further with this PS2 emulation is largely dependent on the sales numbers of this first batch. But like I said it's no perfect estimate and that is only one game. I would like to see the sales numbers of this stuff however.

Sterling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#152  Edited By Sterling

@ericjasonwade: That only shows you the numbers of members who have signed up for PSNprofiles.com. Not of the entire PSN. They only have access to the numbers of users who allow them access to scan their account. So the numbers on PSNprofiles is smaller than the actual number more than likely. This is why you will see a trophy as uncommon on PSNprofiles, and then Rare on the PS4 trophy info.

For example, the Plat for The Talos Principal is only 2.8% of players on PSN. But on PSNprofiles it shows 14.27% of users have it.

Devil240Z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#153  Edited By Devil240Z

@ericjasonwade: How do psnprofiles get their numbers. are they scraping data from just their users or from all of PSN?

Okay it cant be all cause I just looked up a new release and the number of owners was 15...

Ericjasonwade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@devil240z: @sterling:

Yea from what sterling said it seems it's just users that have signed in at least once to that site. So it makes it even more negligible but can still paint a picture of the entirety. Usually new games on that site have a much higher owner number that's why I was so surprised when I saw it so low.

I'm just worried that there are not enough people buying this because of the price point and that in turn means there's less incentive to lower the price or give this platform a lot of support. I for one was very excited about this announcement but the only reason I even knew about it was because I avidly follow the games industry. I might be wrong but I didn't see an announcement for this anywhere but that twitter post by Shuhei Yoshida. It wasn't even talked about at all at PSX where I thought was a shoe-in.

Mortuss_Zero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

The price isn't outside of what I consider reasonable. But then, I'm planning on mostly buying games that I never owned/played and games I like enough that buying them again doesn't bother me. Speaking of, to anyone who's been playing it or played it back in the day: How is Rogue Galaxy? Is that game worth picking up for a casual jrpg fan?

Ericjasonwade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#156  Edited By Ericjasonwade

Yea I was wondering the same thing about Rouge Galaxy, it definitely caught my attention. I looked at the screen shots that Sony put of the the game on it's page and man it's stunning. Even after all these years it still just pops out of the screen. None of those other PS2 games can grab your eyes like that.

Devil240Z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#157  Edited By Devil240Z

@mortuss_zero: I'm playing it for the first time and it's pretty fantastic. It has that level 5 dna all over it. Crafting. Bug catching. it's got it all.

It would still be worth it at twice the price.

Dispossession

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'd hate to support any of this bullshit but if they managed to put up Persona 4: Golden, I'd but that. I've been dragging ass through that on my Vita for about a year now.

blade_r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Those 3 GTA games should be packaged together as a GTA classic collection and sold as one IMO, I would definitely buy that if it was a physical release for PS4.

Puchiko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#160  Edited By Puchiko

Any chance GB will quick look any of these titles? The price is too steep but with PSN flash sales I would pay up to $5 for these games despite owning nearly all of them. I'm curious how much better they look or run. I recently plugged a PS2 in my HDTV and it wasn't as bad as I thought.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.